1. Hello Guest! Did you know that we're also on Discord? You can join us here: https://discord.gg/vxqdaG4.
    Dismiss Notice

Project diva homemade controllers

Discussion in 'Tutorial Area - By users for users!' started by nofutur, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Doctopus

Doctopus Dedicated MEGA69 trainwreck watcher: since TGS2019

#241 Doctopus, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    The real thing does multitouch by simply sensing the array of "capacitive switches" and see which one is on or off. Interpolation works fine if you got only one point of contact because the controller can estimate where your finger is based on how long it takes to charge up the sensor (i.e. the raw sensor reading). Now imagine what will happen if you put multiple points of contact within one interpolated sensor...

Also for anyone who wants to learn more theory, I recommend this youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC92R1ulUgUewSuEEnX9n-yg

After watched some of his videos and read bunch of design guides from touch controller manufacturers the concept of capacitive sensing gradually started to make more sense to me.

steelpuxnastik and kmidst like this.
  2. kmidst

kmidst Big Debut

3. Doctopus

Totally not something I'm currently working on.

lkp-assy-demo-assy.png

kmidst and steelpuxnastik like this.
  4. steelpuxnastik

steelpuxnastik Newbie Player

just living
    Home Page:
    https://www.instagram.com/jandevalua/
    By the way, I watched today Hatsune Miku Project DIVA MEGA39's (JP) - 60 Minute Playthrough [Switch]
    And I can see some veeeeery interesting and inspiring for me moments:
    1. Framerate - 60 FPS - Great
    2. Can be switched to dualshock buttons (cross, circle and so on..) that making game much easier on switch if you played before on playstation or arcade (for me, I remember 10 years ago I played on Xbox360 Fist or the north star Ken's rage and there was QTE where you need fast press different buttons and on xbox with letters it was totally unreal, but on Playstation - much better, especially after Project DIVA :))) )
    3. As result projects of existing homemade arcede controllers or even official arcade without global changes (I hope so, because I do not have switch now too :)) ) can be pluged to nintendo switch to play with familiar buttons.
    So now I really interested in this game too :)

kmidst likes this.
  5. Doctopus

#245 Doctopus, Feb 17, 2020 at 04:10
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020 at 05:47
    About the official slider mode (which I named it AR as in "Analog stick Remastered" btw), I have a good news and a bad news.

Good news is turns out the controller uses the 32-bit analog stick fields (LX, LY, RX and RY) as a bitfield that contains the binary touch states (either touched or not touched) for the slider, so this is as arcade-perfect as you can get.

Bad news is: this needs to be bit-perfect. Therefore to implement this, protocol-level access to analog stick data is still required. Simply emulating the stick via digital potentiometer will NOT work reliably and may result in very broken input.

So RIP B***k users for the third time.

(Also as of now this mode is still Japanese version only and there's absolutely no indication on whether or not it will be released internationally, so RIP international version players including myself as well)

steelpuxnastik likes this.