1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello Guest! Did you know that we're also on Discord? You can join us here: https://discord.gg/aa578Mm.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We adjusted the trophy points for posting in the International Forums to encourage non-english users to talk in their local language! Don't be shy! More information in this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have made an announcement regarding piracy in Edit Data threads, please read more in here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'General' started by Zacattack99, Jan 7, 2018.

?

What impresses you?

1. Multiplayer

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Simple and Classic Gameplay styles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. amiibo and DIVA room.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. The idea of Nintendo-themed Content.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. The other stuff

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The times today.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zac Wood

Zac Wood Newbie Player

This all started from a few questionable decisions they [CFM/SEGA] made in regards to Hatsune Miku. I just think they can do much more than niché and non-straightforward cross-promotions, I’d go and take the risk with bigger, more globally recognized IPs, heck, they have the oppertunity now, they just need to do it.

2. Zac Wood

Zac Wood Newbie Player

For a minute I want to talk about the possibility that the Nintendo Switch might offer to competetive Project DIVA players. I figure I let that rest on it’s own post...

3. Zac Wood

Zac Wood Newbie Player

#23 Zac Wood, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    891D927F-25D9-48B9-84D1-C3B1DE5547DA.png
    This was something I was working on in Google Slides. That ZERO in the name implied starting from scratch. (I feel sorta dumb to not mention that earlier...) Multiplayer is a large focus for me, and I undergone a vigorous thinking session from 2016 up till 2017 to imagine how the HUD would look to accomodate both player’s stats while accomodating for the Switch’s 6.6 inch 720p screen. I also wanted this to be a step up [visually] from earlier games, with a more futuristic-jaggy look reminisant to High-End “Beast” PCs (and other products.). Both Basic and Classic charts will be the same as if playing alone, so note placement won’t be stupidly hard to look at. In a nutshell; they won’t change.

• The green bars represent life.
    • The blue bars represent the “Module Drop” guage. I know people hated the mechanic in Project DIVA X, so I made it less intrusive to the point of showing the prize at the end as oppose of right in the middle of the video. (I think it should be called the “Prize Drop Guage for now on. Don’t worry, the In-Game shop is it’s own thing, I just wanted to keep things interesting.)
    • The orange bar is the obvious song duration line, with red and purple lines being Project DIVA F’s Technical and Chance Zones (Unfortunately, don’t expect video changes...)
    • HUD elements like ratings COOL. GOOD, etc. and combo numbers are placed on the Display itself. This is to accomodate with the single chart gameplay and avoid confusion.
    • I put lyrics up at the top. Why, is as a cool refference to NicoNico’s comment system, with lyrics flying from right to left in a similar fashion. (2 words, Source Material.)
    • Chart info; Song title and difficulty. Didn’t add style because this was an example. (At least Extreme+ is a better name for a difficulty than EX Extreme...)
    • The two triangular icons are to indicate who is the winning player, not much really. ( I did get it confused with The guages for F, F2nd, etc. but found a purpose for it.) These of course, are styled after the Neon Blue and Neon Red Joy-Con btw.

You can make your own assumptions of course. Hopefully it’s clear to understand. (Finally, a screenshot and not some shaky, muddled-looking, photo of a drawing on notebook paper.)

4. Zac Wood

Zac Wood Newbie Player

#24 Zac Wood, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018