1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Yahoo Japan Auctions Question

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Darksidehearts, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Hey everyone, I was searching for the physical copy of this album because I read that there was a sale on the iTunes store for it. I won't go into detail but in general I'd like to stay away from iTunes and the store if possible *Have some bad memories of poor customer service and loss of many different things bought in the past* Also regardless of what audio codec they use, be it MP3 or AAC, I'd prefer to just rip the CD into FLAC.

Well anyway after a bit of searching the different sites suggested to me earlier on this forum I did find one auction on the Yahoo Japan auctions, but here's the thing I want to know before I sign up or do anything: How would it be possible to pay for something if I win? I don't want to go through the effort of setting up an account only to have them say "Well you need to live in this country and have a funding source from the country as well." Basically I would like to know how I can use this site. I don't mean to rush anyone here but the auction does end in 5 days and I cannot find this album anywhere else so a quick response would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the auction in question:Your C83-Limited Edition- by AVTechNO!

Upon further research it seems that I need to go through some other places in order for me to bid on such items from that auction site. Which in may ways nullifies most of the content of this post but let's move on shall we? So where should I begin and which is the most reputable in your opinion. One I did find was a site called Celga but I'm not too sure, I mean I don't want to just hand my money over to just anyone.

2. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Well as you've seen, it's almost impossible to buy directly on the yahoo auctions, you've got to speak japanese, to have a bank account in Japan, and most important, more than 90% of the sellers don't ship outside japan. What i'm using is a proxy-buyer, someone who is living in Japan, buying stuff for you, and then sell it to you with a little % to pay the fees and the services.

here is http://www.mbttoys.com/

there are many others but this is the cheapest and the best, in my opinion, you just have to fill the http://www.mbttoys.com/2005/02/search-service.html

please, read carefully all the rules, then just ask what you want, give as many details as you can, if you want to pay with paypal, tell them.

You can write in Japanese, English and French, maybe others languages but i don't know.

just ask what it will cost you in the end, don't forget that the paypal fees are for you.

All the things i'm buying are through their proxy-buying service.

3. Suyo

Suyo Master of Unfortunate SAFEs
    Legendary Supporter

Website Maintenance, amateur Game Coder
    Home Page:
    http://www.greencouchgames.net
    I've just got an item shipped using buyee.jp - it's even advertised in the top of the Yahoo site. Bets are instantly submitted instead of waiting for a third party to do it like other proxy buyers, and since it's approved by Yahoo Auctions I recommend that. It might not be the cheapest, though.

4. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Honestly, what would I do without you people? Live without having sources to cool stuff I suppose lol. Thank you for your help Infinity and Suyo, I really do appreciate it.

I went with Infinity's suggestion and submitted the request form. Before I posted this thread I clicked on that link for buyee and it said "You cannot bid on this auction because there is more than one item." so not knowing where to go from there I decided to consult people who know what they are doing and here we are.

5. Sprites

Sprites DI(v)A de Platine

my problem is searching for the good things there , as i don't read japanese ...

6. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Well for me it was a case where I couldn't find that album anywhere else, you can use services like Google translate to aid you on the site. Sure it may be a little off here and there but it's close enough. Then again, what translation service or software is %100 accurate right? Well anyway, even if I don't win this auction I'd still use that company again. The customer service was wonderful to work with and I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Thank you Infinity for leading me to them.

7. infinity

infinity Little traveler

You're welcome,
    i really must make a topic to explain how to buy stuff in Japan easily, the good websites, some translations, etc...

8. Sprites

Sprites DI(v)A de Platine

That'd be a great idea!

9. Shinichinomiya

Shinichinomiya Welcome to DIVA!

I just bought a set of Doraemon Figures from Japan using SuToCorp Proxy services and they has amazing service

They replied my mail patiently and their service is so fast.

My stuffs has arrived perfectly with extra safety packing.