1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

What do I need to play Japanese Edit Plays?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by Santoryu02, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Santoryu02

Santoryu02 Welcome to DIVA!

I'm new to the forums, and I dunno if this is the appropriate place to ask this but...

So after recently buying NA versions of Project Diva F, and F 2nd for Vita, I realized that I wanted more songs to play. I read that edit plays were region locked, so I purchased a Japanese copy of Project Diva F 2nd for ps3. I probably should have asked before buying it, but is there anything else required to get access to the Edit Play songs I see on the forums? Do i need a Japanese PSN, and if so, is it hard to change the settings on a NA PS3 to do so? I don't know japanese at all.

2. donosean

donosean Platinum Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Once you've got a Japanese copy of the game you're golden. Your current PS3, locale settings and PSN account will all work perfectly. Once you've got the MP3 on your hard drive and the matching edit data downloaded you should be able to play it just fine.

3. Santoryu02

Santoryu02 Welcome to DIVA!

Oh, that's great! Is it usually hard to find matching MP3s? I imagine the ones on the forums are easier to find, but I've seen some awesome ones on Youtube as well.

4. donosean

donosean Platinum Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

For most edits you'll find that people link to the MP3 in the description of the YouTube video, or the description of the edit itself. So it shouldn't be too hard to find everything you need.
    Have fun!