1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the chances Sega will import this?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by littleslayer15, Apr 18, 2013.

1. littleslayer15

littleslayer15 Big Debut

Sega asking of their facebook wall to like their status if you want it imported on the ps3. I want the game on the vita and not just the ps3. I don't know how much it costs companies to import games and if it will be worth their time. Here is a link to their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

--Edit--
    I am seriously thinking of importing this game (it will be the first game I have ever imported) but I don't want to find out a week after I get it that it is coming to North America.

2. Rainbow

Rainbow Intermediate Player

Honestly, not very high, imo. I feel if they get enough support on their page they could import the next Diva games (maybe Mirai 2?) but I don't really see them localizing f/F.

3. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Well to be honest 25000+ likes is a big number but in general a company needs more than that to ensure sales enough to compensate for the efforts of going through the localization process. Not to mention once it hits the store shelf, how many people will be waiting in line to get a copy seeing as advertising is very lacking in the US side of things. I don't know about other countries but I only remeber a very small handful of commercials airing for PSP games, even for some of those "big hit" games.

4. ChenMW

ChenMW Newbie Player

For 25k likes I think the chances are still low, my guessing would be 200k likes and above.

5. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

You don't see them localizing the very specific game they were asking about?

You're asking the impossible. Very few posts on Facebook ever see that many likes. This was a gauge of interest, and the numbers climbed quite high in the first day or two. A lot of people kind of forgot about it after that, and there are also a lot of people who don't/won't use Facebook to show their support. It's a sampling, and a very impressive one at that.

6. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    You hit the nail on the head, it was good to gauge interest but the problem is that it faded after a few days. What a company would hope for is continued interest over a good amount of time. Then again perhaps it's enough but in general I just don't see a localization of F coming anytime soon. If anything it might be a couple of years before it actually comes out if at all. It would impact the sales more positively if they were to add the other games along with F but I wouldn't keep hopes in that happening. Then again, call me wrong if it does =)

7. Rainbow

Rainbow Intermediate Player

Honestly, no. You could say they've tried to gain western interest twice now (this Facebook inquiry, and having f at E3). I feel that there would've been some news by now if they were going to localize it. Come to think of it, I don't even remember hearing how well f did at E3...but like Darkside said, if we do ever get it, it could be years from now.

8. littleslayer15

littleslayer15 Big Debut

Thanks for your help guys. It seems to be pretty much a consensus so I will import it. I do think it would be cool to have some japanese trophies in my trophy list.

9. Maakun

Maakun Intermediate Player

Technical Support Representative
    I see nothing wrong with buying it twice if you want to support the game. I've already bought 語が如く5and IF and when SEGA ever decides to localize it I will buy it again (given Haruka's entire chapter is very similar to Project DIVA I doubt it would happen though). Some games also include nice bonuses like the first press release of 語が如く5included a music CD with most of the karaoke tracks.