1. Hello Guest! Did you know that we're also on Discord? You can join us here: https://discord.gg/vxqdaG4.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome Thread Welcome Topic - Introduce yourself

Discussion in 'Community' started by Suyo, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Suyo

Suyo Master of Unfortunate SAFEs
    Legendary Supporter

Website Maintenance, amateur Game Coder
    Home Page:
    http://www.greencouchgames.net
    So yeah, this is where you post if you are new - in order to keep all the Welcome posts in one place and not cluttered on the entire forum. Tell the world about who you are, or just say hi. We won't bite. Promise.

Let me start. Hi, I'm Suyo, real name is Chris. I am 18 years old and live in Germany. I'm the one hosting this place, so you will often see me running around either breaking things or making sure they don't break.
    I'm playing a lot of video games, in most genres. From First Person Shooters (Team Fortress 2) over Top Down Shooters (The Binding of Isaac) over Jump'n'Runs (Super Meat Boy) over Sandbox games (Minecraft) to Music games (Project DIVA). Mostly I play Indie games because I like them for the creativity, but occasionally a different title sneaks in.
    As for music, apart from Vocaloid (and japanese music in general), I also listen a lot to Chiptune and Game Soundtracks. Here's a suggestion: the soundtrack of the BIT.TRIP series. Amazing Chiptune, right there.
    I'm coding a lot and know a number of programming languages (just to name a few: PHP, Java, C, AS3...). Currently I'm working on two games, one of which you can see by following the shameless plug in the lower right of the page.
    Also, I'm a huge open-source fan. I use Ubuntu instead of Windows, LibreOffice instead of M$ Office, VLC instead of WMP. I hate Microsoft to death for this reason.

That's about it. See you around!

2. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    http://projectdiva.wikispaces.com
    Re: Welcome Topic

Hättest auch vorher mal sagen können, dass du deutsch sprichst. ^^
    (You should've said earlier that you can speak german. ^^)

Anyway, now it's my turn:

I'm MikuHatsune, leader and admin of the Project DIVA Wiki, ProjectDIVAOST on Youtube.
    My name is Oliver, I'm 24yrs and i'm from germany.
    I'm a big VOCALOID²-Fan, especially Hatsune Miku and collect a lot of merchandising of her and other series. (Figures, Wallscrolls, Books/Mangas, CDs, Buttons, Keystraps, ...)
    In addition I work much with Photoshop, video editing programs, MMD and stuff.
    I'm on Facebook (Oliver Mußmann / Darkoli1987), deviantART (olivaaa), YouTube (Darkoli1987), Twitter (Darkoli1987) and Google+ (Oliver Mußmann).
    "Darkoli" was my nickname of my old World of Warcraft main character some years ago, I kept the name.
    I also like animes like "Shinryaku! Ika Musume", "Lucky Star" and "Chobits" or play games like "Touhou", "Phantasy Star Portable 2" and "Persona 3 & 4".
    Well just visit me on the sites, watch my stuff and works and see what kind of freak I am. ^^

3. SynZidane

SynZidane Advanced Player

Nice to meet you both,
    I am SynZidane, but my real name is Jared. I am currently 18 years old and am a student studying games development, software development and programming at college.
    I live in the UK, in a town called Birmingham, but I hope to be able to leave 1 day. I hate living here.
    I am a big Vocaloid fan and my favourite Vocaloid song is probably Romeo x Cinderella. However, the whole of the Project Diva 2nd soundtrack was great, so I love all the songs off that game. I have Project Diva: Extend currently on reserve from 2 retailers.
    Other music genres I enjoy are the dance types (Techno, electro, trance, house etc...)
    I am also an avid Final Fantasy fan with IX being my favourite of the series (Hence the Zidane part of my name).
    In my free time, I enjoy playing games, going to the cinema, going to restaurants and using the edit mode on Project Diva to make note maps for songs.
    I think that's about all I can think of saying for now, but yes, that was my introduction.
    P.S. I also own one of the Project Diva controllers.

4. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

Hihi, finally there is a forum, yaaaay ^-^

Well ... actually there isn't much, which i could say...
    I am Magical39, 18 years old. I am living in Austria (the first two poster would understand my language ... probably? XD) and I am going to school.
    My favorite games are always rythm games. I started one called "Taiko no Tatsujin" in End 2008 and got addict of it...
    When i played Taiko on the pc called "osu!", I suddenly found a song called "Melt". I saw a picture of a cute girl and her voice was awesome! It becomes to one of my favorite songs! (I like J-Pop very much :D)
    After Melt, i found a new song called "Black Rock Shooter". And it was epic! Because of these songs, I started to find more information about the singer. Yeah it's Hatsune Miku! x)
    A few months later, I figured out, that there was a Miku based game. Project DIVA! When I saw some gameplays, I started to fell in love in this game. So I ask my mother if it's possible, if when she is going to Taiwan (my mother's country) and buy for me a PSP with Project DIVA! And I was very lucky because there was only one last copy left!! I was really happy when I finally played the game~~~

Yeah ... now I am a (crazy) Project DIVA Player :D On Project DIVA 2nd, I have a gameplay durutation of 999h 59m 59s XD I am looking forward to play Project DIVA Extend, since there is no official songs, which is a match for me and I have no access to an arcade machine since i still go to school.

Wait ... I wrote more than I thought... damn XD

I hope I can make friends here with you ^^ See you then around~

5. Moogle

Moogle ProjectDIVA.fr Administrator

Home Page:
    http://www.projectdiva.fr

Hello~

I'm Moogle, the webmaster of ProjectDIVA.fr. I'm glad to see Project DIVA community is growing more and more. Even if these games don't come in the West, it's a good think to see people taking an interest in this serie.
    I love music, I love VOCALOID, I love video games... So you can understand why I'm crazy about Project DIVA! Well, I'm in fact a big fan of all rhythm'n games, but Project DIVA is truly amazing. I can't wait for Extend...

See you~

6. MikuHatsune

Home Page:

Welcome Moogle! it's great that you are here! =)

7. angeal

angeal Newbie Player

Hello ^^, I'm angeal 17 years old, always in college on my last year. First, sorry for my bad English --", like Moogle i'm french xD.
    I love manga like City Hunter, Magika Madoka, Fairy Tail, Bleach :)...
    For sure, i'm a vocaloid lover :p, my favourite is Kagamine Rin, i love her song Iroha song, End of Loneliness, Meltdown...
    I love some Miku song too, like Ura Omote lover and Romeo and Cinderella
    I'm a player of Project Diva games (1st and 2nd, then Extend :D) and Taiko no Tatsujin DX. At start i didn't have any interest in these game,
    but quickly, i notice that i spend many hours on it :D.
    So I used to use the Edit Mode on PJD 2nd and make mapping for song (without PV most of time...) for my own joy.
    That's all for my introduction, i hope we become friends ^^.

Ooh Very Amazing o_o, mine is 486h 26m !

8. MikuHatsune

Home Page:

Your english isn't bad at all. =)

9. SynZidane

SynZidane Advanced Player

Welcome Magical39, Moogle and Angeal.
    Hope you enjoy the site. =)

10. Benjamin Rosa

Benjamin Rosa Big Debut

So hey, i'm Benjamín Rosa (also, that's my real name in case of doubt. I've got no problems to use my name). I'm a supermegahyper Miku fan since two and a half years ago. I'm 21 years (well, 30th of this month i'll be really 21), cosplayer, gamer and I write for a game website (where i made reviews and previews of the Project Diva series). Spanish (where the english they teach here is sooo basic) and male with more than 150 Vocaloid-related songs (especially from 40mP and DECO*27).

Hope to have a good time here and lets beat toguether de Extreme modes of the extend.

11. Steven

Steven Black★Rock Shooter

1st Year College (BS-Info Tech Major in Programmin

Hello everyone I'm Steven 18 yrs old from Philippines ( and really big fan of Miku :3 )

EDIT: forgot to mention i have this habit of spending hours just to make my .GIF :3

12. Maeka

Maeka Welcome to DIVA!

Home Page:
    http://www.youtube.com/XMaekaxsanxAlmightyX

Uhm, uhm, uhm, ohgoodness, what do I say here??? x/////x

Uhm, hi there, I'm Maeka. You can call me Maeka, or Mae, whichever you prefer. My real name is Marie, though. I live in the United States, California to be precise. I'm 18, and I'm in my first year of college. I manage one website in my spare time, other than that I'm probably recording some dub that's gonna get scrapped minutes afterwards because I don't find it good enough. Eheheheh...
    I suppose you can say I'm quite the fan of Vocaloid. I have dubbed Vocaloid songs on Youtube for... a year or two now? I must say my favorite song right now is Mozaik Role, though I don't like Gumi very much. My favorite Vocaloid is either Meiko or Luka, who coincidencially I have been called or compared to before.
    A-And, uhm, I used to have Vocaloid 2 with Rin, Len, and Miku, but I've since gotten rid of them for Meiko and Kaito, who have an easier interface in my opinion...
    A-Anyways, I'm babbling. I'm sorry!
    I have a Facebook [Maeka Maramine], a deviantART that I never use [iMaekai], Youtube [XMaekaxsanxAlmightyX], and... u-uhm, that's it.
    I like... a lot of animes... I tend to forget which ones. I like gaming too. And... u-uhm... x////x I... I'm not very interesting...

13. MikuHatsune

Home Page:

dawww someone is shy x3 cute~

14. xtokashx

xtokashx Legendary Supporter
    Legendary Supporter

Home Page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xtokashx

I think I tried joining a week or so ago and didn't get the confirmation email until today...lol.

Well I'm glad I finally have been able to join and log in! So just saying "hi" as this is my first post.

I really enjoy the music of the vocaloid genre. I also like making Project DIVA edit PV's (but no gameplay), as amateurish as they are.

I'll probably be poking my head in here from time to time, so see you all in the forums! XD

15. OveReAction

OveReAction Global Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Haven't introduced you since I joined last month.

Hi! I live in the Philippines. I started obsessed with Vocaloid since January of this year. I'm not new to Japanese musics though. I mostly spend my time gaming! I also obsessed with hi-tech gadgets like PlayStation Vita, which is my next dream console I wanna hand on!

16. Tonghua_

Tonghua_ Big Debut

Ehm... hey guys! (o//o)

So, ehm, waht elese to say~ (///)
    My real name doesn't matter. Just call me Tonghua (which is Chinese for fairy tale), Nuni or Maka, since my real name is soo... >normal< haha. ( /3)
    I'm a 19-years-old German girl, obsessed with Japan and vocaloid, currently living in Japan for my studies. (*V*)

I love food, food and ... ehm did I say I love food? Besides, food (asian food), I love the vocaloids- GUMI is my favourite one-. But I also love the other ones for sure! :>
    In my free time, if there is any, I'm surfing in the web, taking pictures, watching anime, reading manga, gaming (PSP, PS3, Wii, PC). I also love cosplaying and watching people cosplaying on the streets here. (n n)

ehm...~ (ooo)
    What else to tell about myself~ (///)
    Well, if there is anything you'd like to know, feel free to talk to me. I won't bite. Well, maybe. :>

17. MikuHatsune

Home Page:

Wow, deutsch aber lebst in Japan? Respekt! o.o;
    Ich wünschte ich könnte das...

(Wow, german but living in japan? Respect! o.o;
    I wish I could do that...)

18. Kaito♥Miku

Kaito♥Miku Welcome to DIVA!

Student

Ummm...Hey guys!I'm new here,nice to meet ya all >////<
    So I'm gonna introduce myself =)

I'm 12 years old and I'm from Philippines =D
    I'm a big fan of Vocaloid and Nico Nico Douga ♥ =3
    Anime and Game addict ;3
    Very like Miku X Kaito couple X3
    A Graphics editor too ~

That's all for my introduction :3

19. Tomyi

Tomyi Newbie Player

Hello :)
    I'm absolutely happy to become a member of this great forum...

that's all a big Miku-Fan needs... ;)

I'm from Hamburg / Germany
    ...and even if I'm 46 years old I LOVE the Video-games with Hatsune Miku...

...and I have some merchandise-stuff - like that:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...of course I have ALL (!) available Miku-games for PSP and PlayStation 3...
    [​IMG]

I don't have all the trophys from Dreamy Theater 1 & 2nd...but I don't mind... ;)
    [​IMG]
    I hope that I will get more trohys soon...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and I will buy all the next games with Miku in the future... ;)

20. MikuHatsune

Home Page:

Wow, i never expected so many members from germany.