1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

PS4 Videos copied to USB get corrupted

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Kasumi, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Kasumi

Kasumi SAFE here, SAFE there, SAFE everywhere, AAAAAAAA

I'm not in the mood to buy a capture card for my PS4, and I want music in my FT gameplay, so I have to get it to my PC in one way or another. I tried using a USB device to copy my videos to it, however when I plugged it in my PC, it's completely unreadable. I found a fix to this, and it's simple. After copying your videos to the USB, go to Settings > Devices > USB Storage (?) > Stop Using This Device, which is basically a safe eject, so that when you go to read the videos on your PC, it won't be corrupted and you will be able to edit and upload videos.

2. Doctopus

Doctopus Project Alpaca "BDFL"

Sony really should remind their customers about this. I mean, they do display a big warning to tell you to not do it again when you disconnect an external storage drive without unmounting it first. But not for regular USB storage drive? Really?

3. Kasumi

Kasumi SAFE here, SAFE there, SAFE everywhere, AAAAAAAA

I unfortunately don't have external storage drives, but they give a warning? Thanks for the info. I agree that Sony should give you a warning when unplugging USBs.