1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Using 2nd Save Data in 2nd#?

Discussion in 'Project DIVA 2nd & Project DIVA Dreamy Theater 2nd' started by Shugo, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Shugo

Shugo Welcome to DIVA!

It seems that the only version of 2nd in the PSN store is 2nd#. I was thinking of getting it for my Vita and transferring my retail save file (created on a PSP-3000 and never used with CFW) to it, but before I spend 3,000jpy I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone knows for sure if the save file will work. Thanks.

I was also wondering if this "Extend Module Pack" I've heard about comes with the PSN version of 2nd#.

2. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    yes, the 2nd save file is usable with 2nd#, also you can use a save file from 2nd# with 2nd, the only info which gets lost is if you saved with choosing an EXTEND module, the module will revert to default miku.

I own both versions of the game.
    [​IMG]

3. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

I'm pretty sure that the version in the JP store is just 2nd with the updated data (essentially 2nd# but not officially) and it's not recognized as 2nd#, because unless I'm just plain doing it wrong, I can't get the UMD Passport system to recognize my copy of 2nd# as a PSP game that's available on PSN. That's what it told me when I tried, anyway.

4. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    All 4 PSP games aren't in the official list for the UMD passport system, so all 4 won't be recognized.
    The version in the store is in fact "2nd". "2nd#" is only available as UMD, including a code for the extend modules for "2nd#".

5. RueGorE

RueGorE Big Debut

I was just on the PSN and I saw both "2nd" and "2nd#" for sale. Since I already have "2nd" on UMD, I bought/downloaded "2nd#" for my PS Vita. I then proceeded to transfer my save data from my PSP -> PS3, then PS3 -> PS Vita, and "2nd#" recognizes my save data from "2nd" just fine. I'm not quite sure what's new or updated in "2nd#" but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Heh, how did I not know there was another version of 2nd until just recently?! :P

6. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

That's weird, because I was double checking PSN when I made that post and only saw 2nd, no 2nd#. Where did you find 2nd# on PSN? Was it exclusive to the Vita store, maybe, and doesn't show up on the PS3 storefront?

7. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Is there any real difference between 2nd and 2nd#? From what I have read the only thing is that you can get the Extend Modules added to 2nd#, unless I'm wrong about that. I can't seem to find a place to clarify what the difference is.

8. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

I never got to play the original 2nd, but I heard something about a patch for it being included by default in 2nd#. I can't really confirm one way or the other.