1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

The 1st Project DIVA F Trailer!

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by OveReAction, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF

Well in this case I'd say don't hate the game, hate the player.

2. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

No, that's not what I meant..! I should have hit return a bit more to divide the two sentences... :<

Anyways what I meant in my second sentence was that-
    I will not be getting the PS3 port game just to stay on topic. xD

3. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Oh, oops. I jumped the gun with my response there Kaon, sorry.

4. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Wow. That machine is... something else. Kinda cool, though, from a tech standpoint. I wonder how long it took to make...?

(I'm asking the wrong questions here, aren't I?)

5. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Well you could post that question on the video uploaded by that user but I would figure it took a while to make. First they to make the hardware specifically to fit the Vita's dimensions without any degree of error, lining up the buttons and calibrating to respond to the touch screen at a given moment. The programming involved has the machine understanding how the Vita's core actions respond to each button, trigger and touch controls. So not only do you have to set it up to understand what each button does and how you want it to utilize this information but it needs to then equate it to the actions in the game. Since it doesn't appear that this machine is directly plugged into the Vita's internal hardware I would assume that it needs to be controlled by the user as to what you want it to do. *Accessing menus and such*

After that you need to then program it to understand the information it knows and apply it to the rules of the game and how that works. Simple scripting could fit such a purpose once you've figured out each code and how it works. Which means this is someone with a good amount of knowledge in terms of programming and skill, understanding the total workings of software and hardware. Obviously with a great degree of mathematical skill. Even if this was just something fun to do for them it only shows how far someone can go to achieve a specific goal if need be.

As much as I hate this level of cheating I do have to give whomever this is credit for being able to do something like this. However I'm still angry over the idea of it because what will happen next is that we'll start to see people with similar knowledge not just making these things but perhaps marketing them to the public and then we'll start seeing everyday players just using something like this to accomplish the goal of beating the game. What are the real players left with? Sure if your doing this on your own it might not be too bad but what's to stop them from taking this kind of concept into online gaming. You'd never be able to play fair with another person if they've already programmed all the possible moves and how to counter them in a fighting game. Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself, I mean the complexity of something like this cannot easily be mass-replicated with %100 accuracy on each unit. Not to mention the overall costs of this venture and legal parameters are questionable at best. So even if you did manage to climb over that hurdle, how would you go about marketing it exactly without raising suspicions?

6. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

My fault actually. But I'm glad we're at a crossroads of understanding. =)

6 new songs worth of PDf is not worth my time and money, if I were to input my opinion already owning f and a PSVita Miku Limited Edition. xD

7. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

That's understandable, if you already have the Vita version then it would be a be a bit redundant to get this one seeing as there isn't enough new content to....it....wait a second....you have the wha?!?!?

8. gluemchen

gluemchen Welcome to DIVA!

I don`t quite get your remark here. Were talking about a game on different platforms that has almost exactly the same content. And i fully agree. There is no decisive reason why the ps3 is a must, except for wanting to throw money at sega for doing a good job for milking their fanbase for each nickel and dime. If the extra content for the ps3 version would also be free to those that have a vita version or atleast making it available as dlc on release day for the vita. Then all is fine. Aslong as it isn`t a ps3 exclusive purchase only. Personly i find Sega is really shoting itself in the foot too much. They should rather be thinking about teaming up with sony and promoting the vita instead of making the new vita crowd eat dust and having to be disapointed with game purchasses. PDf is a great game, it`s just that SEGA sucks bad in terms of marketing, promotion and customer service.

9. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Basically I was agreeing with Kaon, just 6 new songs alone doesn't really make it worth the money for another version of the same game. Also that very last part of my post was in response to Kaon owning the PSVita Miku Limited Edition. I don't own a Vita but that model makes me want to get one, it just screams "buy me".

In further expansion to my point: If you already own the Vita version, then chances are your not going to "need" the Playstation 3 version as well. If the Playstation 3 version had some hefty changes in terms of content or tons of new additions that made it better than the Vita one, then it would make sense to get it. Seeing as they are the exact same game in almost every aspect, it's kind of pointless to own both. As for the new content added to F, the Vita version will get it at some point most likely.

10. chaoelite

chaoelite I'll make you do the MikuMiku!

Well offering a version on ps3 is extra revenue but you can't forget they are relying on the people like myself who bought the psp game as well as dreamy theater on ps3 so we are partially at fault for making sega realize people are willing to buy the same game again just to have it in 3D(Hoping will have 3D like dt 2 and extend),HD or on a big screen tv.

11. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Very true, indeed. I'd be a liar if I said I haven't done the same thing in the past. My best example would be Star Wars Battlefront II, bought it for the PSP, PS2, Xbox and PC because I loved the previous one. Of course the stupid thing for me was that I didn't have an Xbox until many years later so that was somewhat of a wasteful spending.
    - - - -

Also I got a nice little message when I went to check this thread, any idea what this is about?

[​IMG]
    EDIT by Suyo: It has been fixed. That was due to a signature of a member in this topic.

12. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

You jelly, Darkside? I got it for a ludicrous price but it's well worth for a collector's item! xD

By the way, I'm still getting the malware pop-up message whenever I click back to page 3 and the latest post in the Arcade News thread. Don't think I want to take risks, so I just want to play it safe.

I swear if it pops up in the Highscore Table I will
    [​IMG]

13. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

I'm a little bit jealous but I'll get the Vita eventually like I did with the PSP line so that model is something to aspire owning. By the way love the new avatar Kaon!
    - - - -

- Suyo's on it, everything with time.

[quote-"Kaon"]I swear if it pops up in the Highscore Table I will
    [​IMG]
    [/quote]
    - XD

14. Woahify

Woahify Newbie Player

Student
    I don't know whether to give in and buy a PS3 and the new pdf, or just wait and hope for the DLC to come out on the Vita. Senbonzakura is one of my favorite songs, that is the only thing that's keeping me wanting it. UGH, what has Miku done to my life?!

15. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Miku made it better, that is your answer.