Here is where I will document my tries on how to create custom stages for use in Edits. I have no idea whether this will work or not, but I guess I will find out. ~ CHAPTER 1: The Beginning ~ Obviously, the first step was finding out how stages are saved, then doing a simple texture edit. But before doing that, I needed to find the files. [wimg=800]http://i.imgur.com/h5f2J.png[/wimg] Not a problem with about 3000 files. Not at all. My solution was to just take a single file from every suspicious looking group of files. I ended up with a way smaller collection of 9 files: [wimg=800]http://i.imgur.com/GluNw.png[/wimg] After loading each one in Alchemy, I quickly noticed a problem - either the viewer would crash, or show nothing at all. That means I had to see which is a stage by looking at the textures. Luckily, you can extract these with just one click. There were two files which exploded into a lot of textures: [wimg=800]http://i.imgur.com/Y6KUk.png[/wimg] field_pv_71.igb [wimg=800]http://i.imgur.com/08GOR.png[/wimg] pve_80.igb Next up would be finding out what the difference beetween these two was. When looking through the files again, I noticed that both of these groups had the same numbers. So I took the 39th of each and compared them. [wimg=800]http://i.imgur.com/kVgKw.png[/wimg] My educated guess was that field_pv_XX.igb contains the real stage, while pve_XX.igb contains overlays and effects. That means that field_pv was the one I had to look into. After a bit of picking random files, I found one which allowed an easy texture edit which is also instantly noticeable: [wimg=800]http://i.imgur.com/vSoNy.png[/wimg] The tutorial. Simple enough. PNGs extracted from an IGB have a limited palette, which is why I first had to convert them to RGB to make a little edit to it. The next step was to reinsert the texture and the IGB in order to test it. What not many people know is that Alchemys "Externalize images" optimizations can also be applied in reverse, which makes the entire process incredibly easy. Combined with the "Convert images" optimizations to convert them back from RGB, the IGB was quickly done. [wimg=800]http://i.imgur.com/SLGDL.png[/wimg] Now, the only thing standing beetween me and a test was to get the IGB back into the game. Not wanting to try to find the right Custom DLC format, I settled with editing the ISO for now. This is possible using AFS2EXT. Sadly, it didn't work right. I don't speak very much Japanese. In fact, only a few words. But I knew a few Katakana, and could translate the title to "Era-", or "Error". Damn it. Usually, this would go pretty easy. Ctrl+C in the error message, and it would be in your clipboard. Paste into Google Translate. Done. But obviously, it's Windows, and it needs to fuck with me in some way. Especially on April 1st. So it decided to give me a BSOD everytime I tried to copy the error message. After 5 restarts, I had a different idea to get the message. It took me one hour to find the right Kana and Kanji to piece together the message in Google Translate. But at least it worked, and I found out the error said the file sizes were different. So I went to check them. My IGB: 277,506 bytes Original: 277,521 bytes ._. Not knowing how to simply increase the size in Alchemy, I just went into HxD and added 15 00s to the end. AFS2EXT then accepted the file and changed the ISO. Changing the filesize in a hex editor is usually a really bad thing. You shouldn't do stuff like that. This is why I was expecting a crash in the game, or an error. But what happened was the thing I expected the least. It worked. First try. That usually doesn't happen when I touch things. But hey, it's running. Without any problems. Next time I will try to replace the entire IGB with a custom made one by figuring out which optimizations need to be done to successfully display it ingame. Expect errors, crashes and explosions in the next chapter.