1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Songs in other languages! (Non-EN,JP,CN,KO)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Dyspnia, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    Anyone have any good songs in different languages (other than English, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean) they wanna share?
    I love music in tongue other than my own, especially ones I'm not used to.

Why can't it be the four listed above? Because those are the ones we hear the most and this thread is more about the uncommon ones (when in the Vocaloid/Anime fandoms).
    It can be sung by a Vocaloid or just an ordinary singer, whichever you like, just have it be in a different language.

I guess I can start to get the idea put down.
    Here's some of my favorites:

COMA - Tagalog / COMA - Filipino
    Guten Morgen, liebe Sorgen - Deutsch / Good Morning, Dear Worries - German
    Bésame - Español / Kiss Me - Spanish (I hear this one on the radio all the time, one of my favorite songs of all time!)
    مين يا حبيبي - العربية / Meen Ya Habibi - Arabic Possibly means "My Darling"?

2. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    Perhaps you should watch Eurovision Song Contest then ^^ Most European countries participate with a song each and a winner is chosen by the people. Nowadays most songs are in English but there are still those performing in their own tongue. The style of music doesn't really fit me but it's become a tradition to watch it every year.

Besides that, hm, I do enjoy some Rammstein occasionally x) I feel like I should recommend some Swedish songs, it's pretty hard... It's not that beautiful a language and most music sucks in my opinion (you've heard Caramelldansen, right...?)
    I could recommend Kent, a band I listened to when I was younger. They're known for having pretty strange lyrics x)

Kent - Dom Andra (The Others) /Swedish

Kent - FF /Swedish + a bit of French

Also... This is actually a song that competed to be in the Eurovision Song Contest, I think it came 2nd place in Sweden 2005. One of the few songs I enjoy despite not being my preferred genre (if you haven't guessed I prefer rock/metal xP)

Nanne Grönvall - Håll om mig (Hold me) /Swedish

There :D Now you can listen to some Swedish music! I can also recommend random old Disney-song in Swedish, they used to be really good. Either I grew up or they really stopped trying...

3. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    I really liked the first one! (New song obtained on iPhone!)

And I love listening to Disney music in other languages, preferably German.
    My favorite Disney song would have to be Let it Go by FAR, it sounds so much like a Broadway song.

It's really fun to say "Die Kälte, sie ist nun ein Teil von mir"

4. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    Agreed, Frozen is the Disney movie I've been waiting for all my life, I love snow and winter because of its beauty ^^ The reason I say listen to old Disney songs in Swedish is because I was very disappointed in the our version of Let it Go... so not beautiful >.< A film that was really good though is The Hunchback of Notre Dame, the singing voices are amazing and the translation is almost on par with the English version :)

5. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Some french heavy metal from the 80's, with the 80's outfits, make-ups and haircuts :)

6. anemone

anemone Welcome to DIVA!

Marit Larsen - Vår Beste Dag (Our Best Day) / Norwegian
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycbHJyxoUh0

Maia Vidal - le tango de la femme abandonnée / French
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKbEWvRM500

Aleks Syntek - Duele El Amor ft. Ana Torroja / Spanish
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuDc8HQ3Rbg

also... one of my favourite Japanese units Binaria (Annabel + yanaginagi) quite oftenly sings Spanish in their doujin songs.
    binaria - 月ノ光り花 /Spanish
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9JV5HrPmcs