1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

So owners of the JP ver. will you be buying the ENG ver.?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by hisokeee, Jun 7, 2013.

1. hisokeee

hisokeee Intermediate Player

Im debating if I should buy it again since it is a great game and it would be nice to be able to actually read the damn item names in edit mode, but there are many downsides since most likely cant transfer your edits and of course all your scores, achievements will have to be redone again. So i was wondering how many people that have the jp version is buying it again in english.

2. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    Re: So owners of the JP ver. will you be buying the ENG ver.

I'm still debating if I should. I really didn't want to buy F originally cause it's the exact same game as f, which I already own, but now that it's coming in English (hopefully that is), I kinda wanna see the changes they've made. If they just rerelease without translating or anything, I'm definitely not going to buy it.
    Edit mode has never really been a problem for me, I played with it for a little bit and eventually learned what everything does and how to use it so that won't be much of a difference for me. One thing I am worried about is me having to rebuy the HakuNeruTeto DLC pack again, I really enjoy playing with those three but now that I most likely have to spend more money just to get them again really pulls me away from purchasing the game.

3. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF

I have no desire to purchase it, however I encourage those who want to get it to do so. I think it would be rather interesting for a social experiment to see what kind of creations people will do with the edit mode once they learn how to use it. I imagine the first ones to make things will be people already in the community but I'm curious about those who are not and discover this game with little to no prior knowledge of the Vocaloid world.

4. Rainbow

Rainbow Intermediate Player

English edit mode and hopefully official English translations for songs (through lyrics, of course). More than enough for me.

The demo comes out next week though, so as longs it's the exact same, I'll get it. I can easily sell my JP version for ~$60. At least I got the cute keychain by buying the JP one.

5. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Definitely. I bought f (Vita), and couldn't pull the trigger on F (PS3) at full price. An English version gives me the perfect excuse to rebuy the game and enjoy the new content.

Bonus points if it has a separate trophy list from the Japanese version, because it's a pretty easy platinum and would be the third Project DIVA game in my trophy list.

6. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Yeah I will definitely be purchasing a NA copy (if only for the translated edit mode and the second platinum trophy). As with what seems to be the common sentiment among owners of the original JP versions, I'm perfectly fine navigating and playing the game in Japanese, but the localization more so than the translation, is what is making it a big deal for me.

7. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

Afraid I won't be supporting the English release, primarily because Europe/PAL land seems to be getting a digital only version; I don't really like buying a retail-priced console game with NO ability to re-sell it. There's also the fact that I've spent more than enough money on the game as is (lol HORI Controller). With that said, I have a few mates of mine that are really into the Vocaloid scene in general, so I'll be sure to spread the word and maybe generate a few sales from those reluctant to import. : 3

8. hisokeee

Yeah i think I will purchase it again, in my opinion its one of the best price paid to hours played ratio so far compared to all the other games I bought, the only thing else that was comparable was all the disgaea series that I played before i knew about this game lol. After playing diva f and i found out about dreamy theatre, I bought a psp and the extend/2nd just to be able to play dreamy theatre on ps3. all my friends had hacked psp's go figure.

9. Ongaku_no_tenshi

Ongaku_no_tenshi Big Debut

More than likely, yeah, I'll pick it up. I'm mainly interested inn the translated edit mode. And hopefully, it will be sold at a reasonable price.

10. OveReAction

OveReAction Global Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I still haven't own the ps3 version, so it's a pretty good time to get that Eng. version, at least.

11. hisokeee

i haven't seen an na game sold any higher than 59.99 off the release day unless if was a special edition, so price should follow the same pattern as all other western games. even disgaea 4 only sold at 49.99 brand new when the jp version sells the equivalent of 70 dollars yen to cad ratio.

12. GRSonic

GRSonic Welcome to DIVA!

Yeah, I'll definitively buy the English version as well.

And since the US is getting the retail, I'll import from there and also going to buy it digitally over here in EU so that I can rate it 5 stars on the PSN Store. I'm mostly interested in the translated Edit Mode and how the lyrics would be handled.

13. Kyrika

Kyrika Advanced Player

Also definately going to buy the NA version. Really wanna use edit mode so I can notemap a song that drives my friend crazy and force him to play it :P

14. hisokeee

lol what a great friend

15. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Man, I was easily planning to preorder and buy the English copy in addition to my import on day one, but after playing the demo I'm not sure I'm actually going to buy it at all...

16. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student

I have to agree with Japes in that I don't think I plan to really buy it anymore, my reason for this is different however. I didn't want F when it came out from the start (as I keep repeating, it's the exact. same. game. to me), and I was convinced that PDFe (short for PDF English) might be a new experience in some way. It don't really feel like nothing worth while has changed in the English version to change my mind now (then again, all we all expected is changed language, why was I so hyped up then? xD). I think I'll just stick to f on my Vita for a while unless I happen to have some money lying around someday, then I might consider getting it.

My mind might change however if they release some info on a huge change to the game or something, we'll have to see xD

17. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Yeah, if they announce some English-exclusive DLC or something, I might consider the purchase a bit more, but I simply don't feel that I can justify ANOTHER fifty bucks in the series when it is the exact same experience (and also one that I, inexplicably, cannot enjoy as much due to the language change). I've already spent about $300 on the games along (not including the Hori mini controller and collectibles), so it's not as though I feel obligated to give Sega my money.

18. infinity

infinity Little traveler

The answer is : No :)

I'm only using the rhythm game part, i don't care about the edit mode.

19. chaoelite

chaoelite I'll make you do the MikuMiku!

I'll buy the US release to support chance of future releases tho i will most likely keep playing my JP version. I honestly don't see why they would take out the function to transfer your JP vita version saved data to ps3 version since they are not planning a vita release :/

20. RueGorE

RueGorE Big Debut

Sure, I'll buy it a second time. Hopefully this proves to Sega that there are fans outside of Japan that want this stuff too.