1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

SEGA is asking for support for PDF PS3 in the west

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by Daverost, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

2. Nekoi

Nekoi Big Debut

System Admin
    Like and share, this would be possible.. Sega probably will bring us Project Diva!

Attached Files:

3. infinity

infinity Little traveler

They forgot project diva arcade >< and maimai >< but i will like and share this, united fans of project diva in the world, it's time to say : Like and "tell your world" ;)

4. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    I gave it a like earlier today, and I know I'm going to sound like a jerk by saying this so I apologize ahead of time. While I want to see a localized version coming to our part of the world, I probably would not buy the English version of the game. I would still prefer the original version, I imagine or at least hope if it does come to America that they keep the original versions of each song and not try to slap together English variations of them. But more importantly there should be localized versions for the entire world.

5. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Of course they're going to keep the original songs.

6. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Well if they are smart about it then yes. I would hope they would but who knows?

7. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

No, no. It would cost them a ton of money and effort to redo every song in English. And they know it would just anger the fans. They won't do it. Not only that, but it would throw off the rhythm of the songs.

In fact, there's only one musical game I can think of that ever replaced all of the vocal tracks with English versions, and it wasn't even a rhythm game.

8. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

You have a point, well here's to hoping for localized varieties of the F! If they are possibly interested in localizing F, then I guess that means the Arcade test is going good as well?

9. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Why are they asking this right now ? I mean, all the hardcore gamers and fans of Hatsune Miku and Project Diva f/F have already ordered/received the game, so who will buy this game ? Only the fans who are afraid of buying stuff overseas ? Fans who don't like to pay custom fees ? It's a bit late in my opinion. I don't think someone here who has already PjD F will buy it again !! And like Daverost said they must keep the songs and translate just the rest of the game options...

10. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

They are not taking importing into account but tapping into the market for those who do not import the games and want a localized version if it were offered to them. It's a marketing thing really. They are probably looking at the results from the E3 trial of f and the Arcade results and thinking "hmm...they seem to like it, should we and will we make a "decent" profit from this venture?" As I stated before, I will support the idea of localization but refuse to buy the game in my own country because I have more interest in the original.

Also like you said, anyone who is a fan of Miku and the other Vocaloids and has been dedicated to the series will already have found a way to get it and will not buy another copy even if it's in their language. The main issues I have with a localization of a product is what will be left out once you get it? Would you lose some DLC because licensing didn't pan out, what about pre-order items and exclusives? In the end would you be better off importing the original one? Keep in mind that most of the time all we get is the game and that's it.

Limited updates in the software or exclusives, in other words if a new DLC or items comes out, will it ever leave Japan's shores? Most likely no, it happens all the time with games that are localized and is very rare when it does. I certainly do not see me going into Gamestop and finding the arcade-style controllers from Hori on the shelf or expecting the US PSN to have the Future Rin module if we do get the game. Now perhaps I'm just looking at this with a cynical view and I do apologize to those with high expectations here but this is just my own personal opinion I've been expressing and it in no way is a reflection on the facts.

The positive side of things is that if interest and sales do well with the localized version of this game specifically then other future games may receive international release. Now as to why this one? Well because it's new and it's always easier to market something that's just been freshly produced than it would be to market things that have been out for a long time. Plus f/F has already reached it's peak in terms of improvements and features to the game from it's proceeding titles. So this would be the best polished item to showcase.

As for why now? Well because it's fresh on people's minds and is happening at the moment. You get the crowds attention when the fire starts, not after the place is burned to ashes. Personally I would suggest if they are going to do this then in the future also include the previous PSP games via the PSN otherwise it might be a wash only relying on F. I'm not holding my breath on that though, look at Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity. Great game but never made it beyond Japan.

11. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

That seems to be the general consensus. I've seen other people say the same thing. They must have realized there's a lot more money in Miku than they thought, which is kind of what everyone's been telling them for years.