1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Q Handheld Device for PS5

Discussion in 'General' started by Zac Wood, May 25, 2023.

1. Zac Wood

Zac Wood Staff/Fortune Teller/Lucky Guesser/Spam Buster
    Staff Member Moderator

Family buisness, a Family matter.
    #1 Zac Wood, May 25, 2023
    Last edited: May 25, 2023
    I don’t know what can be said on this matter; but in a world where we have Project DIVA MegaMix on Nintendo Switch and PC via MegaMix+ and Handheld PC devices, SONY revealed at the end of yesterday’s PlayStation Showcase: Project Q:

Is it a PS Vita 2 years after Jim Ryan dunked on the Switch’s existence and SONY bowed out of dedicated portable gaming as a whole?

no.

To quote GameXplain’s Joey Ferris; “It’s more like a Wii U”

To quote myself; it’s basically a Wii U GamePad with DualSense Tech for Remote Play over Wi-Fi when you can already do that on Mobile already, and unlike a Wii U GamePad; It doesn’t seem to also allow for additional functionality like a second, supplemental screen, or even Asymmetrical Multiplayer.

the only inherent benefit I can see would be for Project DIVA X(HD) players where a PS4 and PS Vita is out of reach. Future Tone players, not so much with the aforementioned existence of Project DIVA MegaMix for Switch, and MegaMix+ for PC via devices like Steam Deck; unless you just cannot live without your Survival Courses, and playable Ievan’s Polka and Hato charts, and can also tolerate Wi-Fi-dependent input lag.