1. Hello Guest! Did you know that we're also on Discord? You can join us here: https://discord.gg/vxqdaG4.
    Dismiss Notice

Project diva homemade controllers

Discussion in 'Tutorial Area - By users for users!' started by nofutur, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Doctopus

#121 Doctopus, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    I heard that there are some arcade machine operators/manufacturers who like to use harder (i.e. require more force to activate) spring since they believe that it will reduce the damage to the microswitch, etc. if newbies slap the button VERY hard.

The "hard" way of playing means the same thing: get more used to a 400g setup than 200g.

The "arcade combo" is basically a "Sanwa LHSXF+button+200g spring" combo since that's the default setup for an official arcade cabinet.

I see. So my assumption is completely wrong. I thought that you might just simply prefer 400g springs over 200g.

2. Doctopus

3. Doctopus

#123 Doctopus, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Another weird component:

https://micronor.com/product/mr386/

LHSXF's evil twin. Perfect for "optical for the sake of optical" usage. :)

(BTW MS-O-3 is terrible spec-wise. Why would anyone use it for rhythm game controllers or even any arcade machines when we got D2MVs and LHSXFs?)

(Oh and Cherry Silent Red/Brown is OP. It has everything LHSXF has including durability and "feel", and yet only 1/30 of the cost #RIPSanwa)

4. Doctopus

After I saw how lazy, cheap, and ridiculously overpriced Project Diva controllers from others are (including but not limited to Z*** controller and H*** Project Diva pad). I think it is the time to put this to an end.

That's right, I decided to manufacture and sell my controller, with overall better quality, properly reconstructed arcade feel and yet only fraction of the cost compared to these overpriced competitors. With two years of research into the detailed mechanics of how Future Tone handles player inputs, I have enough confidence that performance-wise my controller would outperform all the competitors existed. This is especially true on the slider part, which all my competitors basically don't even know how to properly make it. Despite that I have the technologies to beat all the competitors, I decided to not jack-up the price. Sure I can sell it for $500+ and make 400% profit out of it just because I have all those exclusives, but I also truly LOVE Future Tone and would like to have more players to play it in its originally intended form. After I saw the Z*** controller I did notice that there are significant amount of players that would like to have a "just work" solution. So I figured that selling my controller with less price/profit and more value in mind would be a good way to introduce players who are interested in PDAFT to try it out.

So here is the list of features that would be included in the controller:

• A slider that is actually accurate and does not cheaply emulate shoulder buttons.
    • Micro-switches that has ultra-low actuation force and hysteresis (Omron D2MV-01-1C1). Perfectly suitable for tickling while still keep a reasonable price.
    • Chinese buttons with original Sanwa 200G springs.
    • Arduino-based hackable firmware, completely open-source.
    • Open-source hardware with laser-cuttable and 3D-printable components. Fully self-serviceable.
    • Built with love. :P

The price will be US$179.99 for a pre-built controller and US$159.99 for a complete kit with assembly manual (trust me, it will be very easy to assemble). Pre-order your controller now at here: https://bit.ly/IqT6zt

April fools :DDDDD

5. nofutur

nofutur IYA IYA!!

Home Page:
    https://nofutnoheya.wordpress.com/one-day-one-pic/
    You got me, here you go ...

PERFECT Doctopus ^_^

6. nofutur

nofutur IYA IYA!!

Home Page:
    https://nofutnoheya.wordpress.com/one-day-one-pic/
    Gamo2's day tweet

[​IMG]

Soon and not cheap as they said >_<

Doctopus likes this.
  7. Zac Wood

Zac Wood The dedicated non-player.

Family buisness, a Family matter.
  8. thegaminghatch

thegaminghatch Welcome to DIVA!

I have an official Project Diva AFT control panel. I am wondering if anyone out there has had luck using the official touch slider to interface with pc or ps4.

9. Doctopus

#129 Doctopus, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Turns out that I was wrong. There was a bug in the touchpad emulation code that prevents the touch points to be released properly. I fixed it and the touchpad guesture detection became saner. Because of this, I also developed an improved slider emulation technique that basically works as the old one but using touchpad all the time instead of switching to analog stick. This way the empty sliding chime works again (yay!) while other things remain the same as the old technique.

If my speculation is correct, the official slider uses some sort of UART communication (either RS232 or TTL-ish) and the protocol is quite simple. As seen on these tweets:

It should be possible to use an Arduino to read back the values and emulate a DS4 to control the game.

For PCs I'm not sure, but if the slider uses serial port, it could be possible to plug the slider into a USB to serial converter, specify the correct COM port, and tell TLAC to stop redirecting the communication for sliders.

If you want to experiment more on it, feel free to PM me for assistance. We can probably figure this out together :D.