1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Project DIVA f (Vita) coming overseas!

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by Suyo, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Bottom line, it's all about the sales and interest. I cannot speak for Europe but The Project Diva Franchise is not very popular in the US. Localizing F was a good start and I believe has helped in gaining interest but for a company like Nintendo, it's not enough to ensure sales thus is not worth the effort of localizing. Plus the 3DS hasn't exactly done well over here so chances are it would be a hard sell. They usually like to stay on the safe side and sell casual games because it's just easier to do and they have a bigger market around here for casual gamers. Yep, Nintendo is kind of funny like that. Then again I could be wrong about everything and you'll wake up with the announcement of it coming out all around the world >_<

2. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

That has nothing to do with Sony or Nintendo and everything to do with whether or not the company themselves or another publishing company decide it's worth spending the money to localize. Sony and Nintendo (and Microsoft, for what little it's worth) don't restrict content between regions.

It's 100% Sega's decision, in this case.

3. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

Well... Nintendo 3DS is region-locked..

Bottom line, if SEGA decides to localize Project Mirai then. Everything is all about the money and the chance of getting good sales overseas.

Other than that, meh. f as DLC is a bummer. Good grief.

4. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

I didn't mean region locks, but yes, Nintendo systems are region locked. I mean what I said: Game content.

5. thedicemaster

thedicemaster Welcome to DIVA!

i already have the JP vita version and EU ps3 version, but i'll definitely get the english vita version as well.
    i don't care that much about the language difference anymore now that i have the ps3 version, but playing tokyo teddy bear really made me want it on my vita.

and aside from the "colorful x melody" edit-stage evidence here's some more evidence that the DLC for the vita version will get an english release too(not sure yet whether it will be built-in or DLC)
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1561/srcu.jpg
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/segaameric ... 363045704/
    compare them and you'll notice the scrollbar indicator is a bit shorter and higher up in the english version, which can only mean the song list is longer than on a japanese copy that has no dlc installed.

6. Jenpants

Jenpants Welcome to DIVA!

Home Page:
    http://so-very.me
    *crosses fingers*

7. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

No DLC included not buying again here then lol
    (Sega no longer have excuse to not include DLC this time)
    ah and must be retail copy too lol