1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

News Project Diva F Collection UE4 PC Fanport Discontinued, Source Project Files are now available

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by mp645slix, Oct 30, 2016.

1. mp645slix

mp645slix Welcome to DIVA!

#1 mp645slix, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
    It really pains me to say this, but The "Project Diva F Collection" PC fanport in Unreal Engine 4 that I was working on might end up being canceled when and if RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) improves enough to where you can play F and F2nd at the original intended speed (30FPS) or at 60FPS using a special hack in the emulator, or Sega decides to do a port themselves.

I dont think it's worth it making it more accessible to play and take the time to sprinkle it up and add new stuff when emulators or a port by Sega could get the job done right. After all, a framerate hack for RPCS3 is very likely to happen sooner or later.

yeah. It was a great time working on it, and I felt like I was doing something right, I guess it was two years of hard work gone to waste, and I'm not needed anymore. My purpose in this situation is done.

I know that without the proper documentation on specific files that are used with the original game, nothing will get done. I managed to get textures, models, and sprites ripped, but it didn't make much progress elsewhere. I'm just a single person working on it, and I have several other projects on the backburner aswell, and responsibilities on top of that, and I think it's just getting in the way.

I just cannot gather the energy to work on it anymore, when I have another project that I need a trailer or playable demo done by march next year.

i might end up releasing the project files as is for users to contribute to, and it might end up being an open sourced project of sorts.

With this out of the way, At least I will have more time to contribute to my main game project.

I thank you all for my support over these past 2 years, and I hope that this port continues to evolve. It just cannot be in my control anymore.

Here's some images and such of work from it done over the 2 years (Some of them are really old), if you want to check em out:

[​IMG]
    (This gallery of images are images from a year or two ago. Things have evolved since then)

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    [REDACTED]

2. WWEdeadman

WWEdeadman Master of the 1 Safe

Chemist, Twitch Streamer, YouTuber
    Home Page:
    http://www.twitch.tv/WWEdeadman
    I honestly don't think that an Emulator could ever deliver even PS3 level performance for these games. Especially seeing what I've seen so far on that Emulator. Like, come on, there isn't even a PSP emulator that doesn't drop frames for no reason, even with PPSSPP doing a kinda OK job. So excuse me if I can't see the PS3 getting any decent emulation any time soon.

As for your port, too bad you don't want to finish it. I hope somebody else picks it up if you release the source. I unfortunately have no idea about programming, so I can't. Still looks great though.

3. mp645slix

Source Project Files for PJD F Collection coming out tonight!
    It's an 8GB Download.

4. mp645slix

#4 mp645slix, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
    THE PROJECT FILES ARE NOW AVAILABLE HERE: [REDACTED]

5. WWEdeadman

WWEdeadman Master of the 1 Safe

Chemist, Twitch Streamer, YouTuber
    Home Page:
    http://www.twitch.tv/WWEdeadman
    Well, as I said, I hope somebody picks it up.