1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

PC Project Diva - Diva Online Revival

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by XenoWarrior, Oct 15, 2016.

1. XenoWarrior

XenoWarrior Welcome to DIVA!

#1 XenoWarrior, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    Hey all.
    Pretty much the title explains it.
    I wrote in a post on another thread who were talking about not being able to log in, but felt like it would be better to make a proper thread here. Either there will be some interest or this forum is dead...
    Anyway here is the post, but in more detail.
    Recently, I reached out to DarkMagicCK from Studio GameMaster and talked about working on the code for Diva Online (http://divaol.com).
    Since then, the code has been released under GNU License 3. I've taken the code and made some changed which translate the language in-game. This translation is far from done, and will require a new method to support "language packs" which will allow me to implement more than one language in-game.
    I have also made fixes to minor issues and crashes so the client is a little more stable.
    I am also working on a new server for it (since Studio GameMaster do not want to release their server due to security concerns - which is entirely fair and understandable).

My server code is released under MIT to respect the Pomelo Server license.

So far I've got a temporary login that works (but only using temporary accounts, there are no databases setup yet. I'm trying to get everything working before I start digging deep to getting account registrations working).

Some screenshots:
    https://ss.projectge.com/?u=xenowarrior&f=8061333005.png (Login page)
    https://ss.projectge.com/?u=xenowarrior&f=1081334002.png (Logged in, in local stage)
    https://ss.projectge.com/?u=xenowarrior&f=7211336000.png (Local stage song-select, not done, but getting there) (ignore the text erros, it's because the encoding is wrong)
    https://ss.projectge.com/?u=xenowarrior&f=7221337002.png (Options window)

Some songs can already be played without creating a game lobby/stage. Some songs cannot due to errors in the code which I am working to fix.
    I hope to make a local lobby which you can play in solo and an online lobby where you can go competitive against other players.

If there is enough interest, I will consider either making a forum myself on https://divaol.projectge.com/ (not live yet, I'll try and bring a template site up by 17/10/2016) or of any administrators here are willing to let me share my progress with the game DivaOnline and the engine SoraHoshizora by making a sub-forum for me to work with.
    I also got a video with it actually in progress, so you can see it is actually a "work in progress".

I am sorry for any typos, grammar mistakes or the such. It is very early in the morning. :P

2. WWEdeadman

WWEdeadman Master of the 1 Safe

Chemist, Twitch Streamer, YouTuber
    Home Page:
    http://www.twitch.tv/WWEdeadman
    Cool. Would be nice to actually have a decent PC Project Diva Fangame for once.

3. XenoWarrior

Glad you think so. This game was already in development by Studio GameMaster, but they couldn't continue it due to working on other things. I'm going to try and pick it up and get it all working again and host a server which doesn't need accounts to have an activation key.

4. XenoWarrior

No worries, I know what I am allowed to share and what I can't share.

What the client will allow you to download in-game:
    • Song list (list of available/supported songs on the server)
    • Song map files (the rhythm beatmap)
    • User player data (name, ID, looks)
    • Use ranking data (score, rank position, mods, mapID)
    Anything else such as "music" and "video" are not downloaded and will need to be obtained by the player.

In-game graphics, sprites, music (such as BGM/SFX) and code belong to Studio GameMaster, released under: GPL - Version 3 which will allow me to do what I want with the code legally. As long as it remains free and non-commercial as requested by Studio GameMaster.

Thanks for giving me a reply!

I did see some people talking about this game here, so I thought maybe I'd let everyone know about this project.

5. dorothy3242

dorothy3242 Advanced Player

This seems very interesting, I had tried several project diva for pc versions but most of them I either couldn't find download for or.. didn't work..
    Something I'm curious about since I've personally never seen or played this particular version in the past:
    Are the keys bindable to buttons other than wasd and ^v<> ? (And in that case is there any way to make them appear as the different keys in-game?)

6. XenoWarrior

#6 XenoWarrior, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    The code base that I have right now does not allow for keys to be rebinded. But I will look into making that possible. At the moment they keys are locked to WASD and the arrow keys. It is possible to switch the skin from WASD images to the PlayStation buttons.

-------------------------

EDIT #1: I found that the game does actually come with a key re-binder. So you can change the WASD and arrow keys to other keys if you wish:

[​IMG]

I will work on decompiling this program and translating it soon!

EDIT #2: Completely translated as far as I could, I am not sure on the last three options, I will test them out in-game to see what they do. But, the core basics are translated and be shipped with the client.

[​IMG]

-------------------------

This version also has two kinds of long notes. One where you hold and another where you tap space while holding to build up points. So that could be inconvenient to use and may need custom rebinds.

I know about some of the other clones that don't work straight out of the box as you need to download so many other things. This one I find comes with all the dependencies needed to get it working straight away.

Another note: this version was in development for a few years up to being dropped in 2013 after the first alpha test. It was not as hyped as the other clones due to lack of PR from Studio GameMaster, but it is certainly a very good concept and feels significantly better to play than the other clones.

Hopefully I can push out a build soon, but I am not sure when that will happen as I have to write the server for the game from scratch since the devs did not want to publish the server code. So far login and creating game lobbies works with hard coded packets. I need to implement a database handler and some kind of structured lobby management so I came move away from only being able to join a lobby on the client side. Do also need to make the "Play" button work in multiplayer games. Currently the client sends the request to start the game, but I need to look into the code to see what data it is expecting in return.

Phew, that was a long post but hopefully that gives more than enough information. (Wrote from my phone while walking so there might be some typos)