1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

PJD2# Extend Module Pack

Discussion in 'Project DIVA 2nd & Project DIVA Dreamy Theater 2nd' started by blatantfangirl, May 5, 2012.

1. blatantfangirl

blatantfangirl Welcome to DIVA!

erf, can't find a welcome thread... guess I'll just bite the bullet here. *ahem!* Hello there, the name's... well, the name's not important. >_>; I want to apologize a bit for my first post among all you great people to have whining at all involved, but the matter's become something of a sore subject for me by now.

That matter is the Extend Module pack. I got my copy of Project Diva 2nd# a few months back, but never dared to use the product code within until just recently. Got myself a JP PSN account via MediaGo, plugged in the completely legitimate code from the box insert, and got it downloaded. The only problem is that I can't get MediaGo to send it to my PSP, because the store refuses to download whatever DRM trickery Sony uses to keep their stuff safe(I've yet to be able to try that on something faster than dial-up *cough*). As I said, the account is legitimate, the download is legitimate, but the only problem I can see is that my PSP isn't actually Japanese. (i'm not rich enough for one orz)

I have tried every trick in the book to get it to work -- you(wonderful) people already got me to softmod my PSP for the Custom DLC, which is fantastic |D Strange Moon Len ftw -- scoured every relevant forum I could, and poked apart the poor, overworked DLC container every which way I could, but to no avail. PJD2 simply does not recognize the files in their current state. (unpacked, but perhaps not quite in the way that works for PJD)

I'm not asking for links to, er, grey-area stuff or anything like that, and as far as I can tell simply asking about this isn't breaking any rules here(the DLC file is legit and i'm not posting it or anything). All I'm asking for is a little advice: do I keep trying with MediaGo to see if it finally passes the package to my PSP normally? Is there some other step I'm missing in the process? Or do I really need a Japanese PSP to have any hope of this DLC working?

holy god my other posts will not be such walls o' text, i swear D:

2. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Hi blatantfangirl,

welcome on Projectdiva.net : the welcome topic is here.

For your problem, i can't help, sorry. But i'm sure the others members will know more about this.

regards

3. blatantfangirl

Aha! Thanks for the redirect there~ And I have a slight clarification to make, in light of recent discoveries: Will it be possible to get MediaGo to properly unlock the files if my PSP isn't the right region? I mean... I... kinda got them working, but it doesn't feel right even with the key and legit files and all that. orz

4. Siki

Siki Shiawase desu ka? Gimu desu yo!

Living the life with happiness and joy:) :D ;)
    Home Page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TokyoSikio
    Maybe you should just try and download them directly to your PSP. Just go into the PSN Store from the PSP.

5. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    since the PSP is still 100% region code free all three ways will work:

A) Download Game via MediaGo (2nd#) and the Extend module pack will be automatically added to the download queue.
    B) Queue the game for download in the japanese PSN online on your PC browser and download it together with the Module Pack next time you go into the store on your PSP.
    C) Buy the game as UMD and enter the code which is included into the PSN on PC browser or PSP. You'll be able to download the Extend module pack once the code got accepted.

6. blatantfangirl

Well, er... the PSN store actually isn't so region-free when it comes to PSP access: whenever I try to use my JP account through my US PSP, the Store stops me with something vaguely like "This system cannot be used for the PlayStation Store." In English though, so maybe there's another step I'm missing somewhere with that. (which would actually be welcome news, 'cause I'd love to use the JP PSN store~)

I already have the pack itself downloaded on my PC, the only problem is getting MediaGo to send it to my PSP. I still haven't been able to sneak off for Wi-Fi to test it on that, but on my piddling dial-up connection it just throws an exception after a few seconds of struggling, and that's without anything else using the connection. I've been able to download other(much much smaller) files through MediaGo with this connection, so either it's another cross-region conflict(which really shouldn't be happening, all things considered) or the PSP is disagreeing with getting files decrypted at 3KBps. >_>;
    sheesh, this is getting rapidly off-topic, and it's my own fault OTL

7. MikuHatsune

Home Page:
    well the store IS region-free.. i'm totally fine with accessing 4 PSN stores with my european PSP-3004 even without CFW.
    i have 4 PSN-accounts and am able to access theese stores with them: German-EU, English-US, English/French-CA, Japanese-JP.

i'd check if your psp has an actual firmware (or CFW) because old firmwares won't work with the PSN-stores and try to find out if your PSP isn't already registered or banned.

8. Siki

Siki Shiawase desu ka? Gimu desu yo!

Living the life with happiness and joy:) :D ;)
    Home Page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TokyoSikio
    Well of course it has a firmware but is it the latest?

9. MikuHatsune

Home Page:
    i was talking about an ACTUAL firmware. to access the PSN stores you need either original firmware 6.60 or a custom firmware with 5.xx or higher (latest is 6.60 PRO NIGHTLY or 6.60 LME)
    All original firmwares below 6.60 (like 6.39, 6.10, 5.xx ...) won't work!

10. blatantfangirl

Yeah, I've got OFW 6.60 -- haven't been asked to update for a while now -- moonlighting with a Temporary 6.60 PRO-B10 FIX, and I'm fairly sure my system wasn't "registered" anywhere else since I got it new out of box(but weirder things have happened). Also fairly sure it hasn't been banned since I can still access the US PSN Store just fine and haven't tried to access it while running CFW(and not planning to). Wikipedia and a few other places say that the store is per-region, though that seems to be at odds with your previous post. I did notice that you said you had a 3004 -- I've got a 3000, but surely a version difference that minute couldn't be causing it... right? >_>;

EDIT: Oh, and one more little question: will Custom DLC outfits for Teto work if I don't actually have Teto? From the screenshots it looks like she's simply a re-skin of Miku... (with awesome twin-drill action)

11. MikuHatsune

Home Page:
    Yes, Teto edits do work even if you don't have the original Teto DLC.

The PSN store is per-region-per-account. Means: if you set your account to American for example, then you can only access the american store. If you set your account to japaneese, then you can only access the japanese store. Anyways, you are able to use multiple accounts on a PSP by switching them, so you are able to access multiple stores with multiple accounts.

A PSP-3004 is the same like a PSP-3001 or PSP-3000. The 3000 is the base model of the 3000-series, while others are slightly edited to match laws in other countries. In case of the PSP-3004 which is sold in some european countries, the maximum volume for listening to music, videos and game BG is set down a bit, since there's a law in the EU that all devices which are able to connect earphones have to limit their volume to a specific decibel amount, so you're not able to destroy your ears by accident. Means: US iPods and music players or consoles are able to be louder than EU devices. (Those region specific restrictions can be disabled by homebrew anyway...) Other models are able to display region specific fonts like korean or russian. (Japanese and chinese can be found on EU and US consoles as well)
    Anyways, the PSP-3004 doesn't really have other changes compared to any other 3000-model, so that's not the reason about the store problem.