1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

New here Hello! and my short review of the mini controller

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by hisokeee, May 24, 2013.

1. hisokeee

hisokeee Intermediate Player

I have some videos of game play with it on my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hisokeee with diva F and the older Diva extend, 2nd DT songs. "Some songs show better view of it"

I purchased mine from playasia

http://www.play-asia.com/Hatsune_Miku_P ... -5pc9.html

Since I'm from Canada after shipping and the damn import fees for my country it came to about 240 dollars total.

First time using it the first thing I noticed is buttons are very very sensitive, you don't have to even actually push it down, a gentle brush from your finger accidentally it will count, so my favorite songs I mastered like summer idol with the ps3 controller when I tested it the gamepad I probably got standard or barely great on extreme when I can get perfect on the ps3 controller 4/5 times. It wasn't until i got used to how my hands need to rest on the gamepad and the method to push the buttons that I was able to eventually do perfects on songs again.

There is basically 2 ways u can play using this gamepad, you can either play it arcade style so literally you are slapping each button with your fingers, which btw is very very loud or just rest your whole hand on all 4 buttons and designate each finger to hit each button separately, which is the method I found the most accurate and least tiring.

The biggest con I have with this gamepad is the stars, the joystick on the gamepad is very awkward feel compared to the ps3 joystick and I'm not sure if you guys experienced the double twitch sound when you flick the joystick sometimes, eventually after u get better you don't hear it as often for the ps3 controller but on this one it does it almost ALL the time, the only way to prevent it is to lightly flick it instead but then sometimes it will not register the flick causing a miss due to that so you have to find the right balance which is a very thin line.

The pros is that if your fairly new to this game series like me, the biggest challenge on the ps3 controller was any extreme song that required you to do fast notes that overlap each other especially when you have to do a series of those with short breaks in between, for example 3 fast circle notes a short pause then 5 fast x notes and etc. It is a lot easier to do those type of songs on the gamepad and less tiring so better odds of getting perfect in a long song, for me so that was a nice upgrade.

all in all I'm pretty satisfied with the purchase, this is basically an oversized PS3 controller which means you can use it for ANY game, so if you have the project diva extend or 2nd dreamy theater you can use it to play those games too, or something completely random like an rpg game or even a fighting game, the only thing is all the R and L buttons are small circular buttons located at the top of the gamepad so some games may not work very well if they utilize those buttons a lot. Thanks for reading! ヘ( ̄ω ̄ヘ)

2. Maakun

Maakun Intermediate Player

Technical Support Representative
    Re: New here Hello! and my short review of the mini controll

I found the opposite with the analogs sticks. My controller always does the double flick and this rarely does it.

3. hisokeee

hisokeee Intermediate Player

hmm weird maybe not every mini controller is consistent or just our method of flicking it is opposites lol

4. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

I'd have to agree with hisokeee on this one. I feel like we're using different controllers based on that other thread, Maakun, lol.

5. Maakun

Maakun Intermediate Player

Technical Support Representative

maybe I just flick less aggressively with the mini controller given the layout...or my pink DS3 is a bit broken from excessive use (;Д;)