1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

News megpoid the Music#

Discussion in 'megpoid the Music#' started by OveReAction, Oct 10, 2012.

1. OveReAction

OveReAction Global Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

[c][​IMG][/c]

Now it's time for GUMI's fans to start gaming!

megpoid the Music# is the first ever official Megpoid game announced - and it's not made by SEGA, but a new dev, ParaPhray, and this seems to be their first game - and will be released for PSP. There's no gameplay shown yet, but 4 songs are already confirmed: It’s Raining by reruriri, Love Will Surely Soar☆ by noboru, KiLLER LADY by hachioujiP and Megu Megu ☆ Fire Endless Night by samfree. The game seems to be influenced by Project DIVA a lot, having various costumes/modules, a PV Mode and a "GUMI Room".
    The info box of the article in the Famitsu caused a bit of discussion, as it says megpoid the Music# will support 1 to 4 players. Rumor says it's an 4-player co-operative mode.

[wimgp=50]http://projectdiva.net/images/news/other/gumi/screen1.jpg[/wimgp][wimgp=50]http://projectdiva.net/images/news/other/gumi/screen2.jpg[/wimgp]

As of the announcement, the game is 50% finished, so we need to wait a little longer: the game will be released this spring 2013. There will be two editions, a normal one for 6,090¥ (60.24€; 77.73$), and a Limited Edition without unknown bonuses for 9,429¥ (93.25€; 120.38$).

Here are the Famitsu scans - click to enlarge! You can see the images in high quality over at the Famitsu site!
    [c][himg=200]http://projectdiva.net/images/news/other/gumi/scan1.png[/himg] [himg=200]http://projectdiva.net/images/news/other/gumi/scan2.png[/himg][/c]

UPDATE: The official teaser site has now launched. It shows that the official Megpoid the music# website will be revealed next week, October 18, 2012. Before it's even launched, projectdiva.fr peeks at the source code revealing the song difficulties will be EASY, NORMAL, HARD, & EXPERT (much identical to Project Diva).

Sources: Siliconera, SGCafe, Famitsu

2. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    seems interesting! it's always a good thing to support new developers!

3. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Just saw this and came to see if anyone else had.

I knew this would happen if Sega/Crypton didn't step up their game and get Gumi in. Two duets in Project Mirai just didn't cut it, I guess. I'm glad it's on PSP and not 3DS. I'll pre-order an import copy when it goes up. Curious what the LE bonuses are.

I really hope Mozaik Role gets in.

The models look great, too. My only real complaint is that it isn't for Vita. Japan's refusal move away from PSP is really hurting it when it needs new games and exciting new IPs like this to succeed. Project DIVA f did incredibly well for a system with as small of an install base as there was, and it moved several units on its own. The first ever GUMI game would probably sell at least half that to all of the Vocaloid fans and could move systems into the hands of those who had passed on PDf as "just another Project DIVA." But like I said, better PSP than 3DS.

Oh well. Hope for the sequel, I guess.

4. NekoPocky

NekoPocky Advanced Player

Home Page:
    http://www.Otakupocky.tumblr.com
    Wow Gumi finally has enough popularity to her own game! Also her two songs in Project Mirai weren't satisfying seeing that she didn't even get a 3D model in the game like the other Vocaloids. Anyway, For a PSP game, the graphics look good! I wonder if other Vocaloids from Internet Co. will get some cameo in the game. Well, can't wait to see the game released and available on the PSN store.

5. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    well i guess the game might get released as download version only (like BRS The Game for US & EU). but we'll see when it gets released.

6. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

No, it's getting a physical release. There are two price points, including a limited edition.

And JP gamers hate digital-only releases, so Japan in particular is very smart about offering both options.

7. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

8. infinity

infinity Little traveler

the website is working now, already 4 songs, but if Projectdiva.fr are right.
    And they are always right ;)

There will be a song from DarvishP (or devilsih-P) x Silent Symphonia :

9. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

It's correct. You can see it in the link I posted in the post just above yours.

10. infinity

infinity Little traveler

The only thing that can explain the price difference is that the limited edition will have a GUMI Nendoroid, 3,400 ¥ is the usual price for a random Nendoroid.

Nendoroid GUMI Price : 3,500 ¥

That's all INTERNET Co., Ltd. can do.

11. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

12. infinity

infinity Little traveler

And the quality is far below all the last project diva games on PSP, only good songs don't make a good game, but for a first video it's not a good idea to put something really in working progress.

Wait and see...

13. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Eh, the first Project DIVA didn't look all that impressive either. There were a lot of reused backgrounds and generic dance numbers. Most of the cool stuff didn't kick in until PD2.

I expect the Gumi game would need to generate some money on a first game to funnel it into a second, better looking game.

14. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Yes, you're right,
    project diva was a kind of pionner into the "vocaloid rythm game",
    but since CFM and SEGA brought the quality standards to a very high level, this game will not be compared to the first project diva but to Project Diva F.

megpoid the Music# must be a real success (quality and selling units) to have others Gumi games and why not others vocaloids games, why not IA or Aoki Lapis or Lily ?

15. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Honestly, if there's a second one, I fully expect to see some other Internet Co. Vocaloids in there. If they were able to get the rights to Gumi, it shouldn't be a stretch to get Gackpo, Lily, CUL, or Ryuuto.

On the other hand, it could also be like Yamaha's focus on Vocaloids, which is pretty much everything that isn't Crypton.

I'd be thrilled either way.

16. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Time will only tell, I'm not a huge fan of GUMI but I hope for the game's success as well. That and keeping the PSP alive for a bit longer. Keep in mind that if there isn't a Diva f 2nd then this stands a good chance for an alternative title in the future, not to mention if they plan to follow in the same line as the Project Diva games via a Theater of some form then it might stand a better chance.

17. Siki

Siki Shiawase desu ka? Gimu desu yo!

Living the life with happiness and joy:) :D ;)
    Home Page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TokyoSikio
    It turned out that the limited edition will feature a Pettanko. It's so cute! ^.^

18. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Looks like it's two figures. One says Pettanko for sure, the other one says "Puchi"-something or other. It's not a Nendoroid Petit, is it? I can't read kanji to figure out what's going on .-. I can definitely read that it says two figures and it's Pettanko "and" Puchi-whatever.

Kinda tempted to put down the money for the LE. I normally wouldn't, but two figures for an extra $40 isn't a terrible deal. Not a great one, but not terrible.

19. infinity

infinity Little traveler

I was close to the truth, these are not nendoroids but still PVC.

20. infinity

infinity Little traveler

It's not a fresh news but better late than never ;) : Release date is now on the website, it will be 28 march 2013 :

[​IMG]

i don't know what the 4 kanjis means :(

please someone help me !!!!

EDIT : It's really a commercial suicide, 3 weeks after Project Diva F on PS3, less than 3 weeks after the next concerts of Hatsune Miku, if this game is not a big success (quantity and quality), there will never be another game with a different vocaloid :( .