1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

IT'S HAPPENING: PDF coming to the West

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by Suyo, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

Darksiders all there is to Vita is a small exploit that you have to pay and no longer available at PSN,
    people can dream as much as they want cause Vita wont be hacked in more 1 or 2 years at least (again if ever)
    your talking about an exploit that only plays some psp games (just wow lol...)

Now on the other side a console like PS3 could be hacked almost on Day 1 lol...
    I realy am interested in seeing the sales for this in the west,
    Europe i shall not even mention ofc as this continent is now avoided like the plague
    thanks to a useless govern who set media rights and all kind of crap in their system, making it harder to publish games in EU.

2. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

I honestly think the fans who are saying that the English version is bad are overreacting. It's just a few words being edited. Who cares? Sure, you can argue that the word switches are unnecessary, but that doesn't make the game bad. I'm one of the people who aren't going to buy the English version because I already have f and F and I can't afford it. I do want to see this turning out to be successful, though.

3. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

The fact remains that not all people own a PS3 and dont like the idea of paying DLC for a small project diva game (32 songs)
    (I could try get the DLC but Sony already restricted Vita to 1 PSN account) while Extend had (36) and Diva 2nd (46)

This game was completly rushed and let me tell you why: Developement started "December of 2011" and released it "30th August of 2012"
    Some of the features were originally planned to be put in the Vita version, but they weren't due to time constraints.
    (who thinks Sega aint someone property then better research again lol)

Well dont know my life in 2014 so cant tell if i will ever be tempted to buy Project Diva f 2nd yet, its a loooong time to pass yet...

4. Just Tim

Just Tim Welcome to DIVA!

Does this mean this is a perfect US version? Whoa. I guess SEGA's milking of Sonic is indeed paying off, just like how Namco Bandai is doing likewise to Naruto and Dragon Ball game rights worldwide.

I missed out on SEGA West's full demo last month.

5. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Sega can be contracted to work with a company for a project but they are not exclusively owned by Sony. At the end of the day they are still their own company. Deadlines and time restraints are not a sign of ownership either, if Sony decided to rush Sega along in making the game then that is something the people at Sega are more than compensated for, otherwise they would not even agree to push up the production time. If Sony has exclusive rights to the PD Games, they still do not own Sega, only the game. They can easily contract another company to make it if they wanted but I do not think that is the case for the PD games.

In the future, please do not presume to know what I am talking about Otase. The need for a fully hacked Vita is simply not in enough demand by the public. Many people have hacked the system for their own personal use, nothing that yields benefit for the common user. There is even someone who mixed the technology from the iPhone with the Vita to create a hybrid system, it doesn't work at all but the point is the guy did it because he wanted to. The Vita is no different from every other device in the world.

The PS3 had a lot of possibilities with the hardware and is still good potential for those in the hacking scene. So I agree with you there.
    - - - -

Well anyway back to the topic, I did take a gander at the demo and I do not see what is wrong with it though I find it kind of hilarious that they felt the need to change some of the notes. With all the negative talk going on, I was expecting there to be some real reason to have a cause for alarm. I still have no plans to get it but I do not see a reason not to if you have not played any of the games in the series before and want to try it in English.

On a side note: Who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to change the PSN to that particular layout? It took me a hour to figure where in the world to go to.

6. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

Yes Darksidehearts, thats basicaly what i wanted to say,
    and the point that Vita is still considered not hackable till Vita Games were playable and trough a stable cfw too,
    which tells me they would sell more copies on Vita than a PS3 for sure, but yeah thats just my opinion.

(Vita version still sold more when PS3 had 6 extra songs + modules for free lol...
    again content that was supposed to be in the Vita anyways, why would i pay more 3000 yen for this?)

On-topic: what is there to translate on this game other than Menus and Edit Mode? Diva Room? lol...
    altough i already platinum the game on 2012, cant remember what was there to translate since its a small relevant feature in the game for me.

7. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

8. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

That has always puzzled me. Why is it that over here we regard X as select and O as cancel. It just makes more sense to me to have it be the other way around, in fact I am far more comfortable using O as my select button.

9. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

That's just how it is. With region differences since the PS1 era, button inputs would have to inverted when comparing Japanese and western game releases. Of course I can not say the same for Metal Gear Solid 3 and Final Fantasy VII...

10. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

I guess you have a point there but it still makes very little sense to me. You can add Megaman Legends to the mix as well, it still follows the original button mapping.

11. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

In Japan, o is the universal symbol for accept. Here they reversed it because for some reason Westerners tend to press the bottom button.

12. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

I guess I am just odd then, I always go for the circle or equivalent button for selecting something. Getting back to the topic at hand, is it my imagination or does the sound of the demo seem kind of off?

13. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Well my thumb naturally rests where X is, so it makes sense for it to be the accept button to me. It's the one I'm hitting the most, after all.

I did see a game not to long ago that has the Japanese setup as "Japanese Controls" and the other way as "International Controls", so it seems Japan is the only one still doing it that way.

14. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

15. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

What are we lol-ing about?

16. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Is there something wrong with that trailer Otase? It looked fine to me.

17. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

Nothing, just made me remember the DLC im missing, no big deal lol.

18. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

19. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

Cant even get the free edit content DLC now lmao,
    useless patch i downloaded for Vita.

No worries i will still make Miku shine on her Edit PV,s
    with my hikikomori skills.

20. infinity

infinity Little traveler