1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

IT'S HAPPENING: PDF coming to the West

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by Suyo, Jun 6, 2013.

1. scarf

scarf Intermediate Player

I'm hoping the data transfer will work with the North American version and the Vita version. I wouldn't like having to save up points for all the modules and accessories again

2. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

Honestly, if you are in for a readable and easy-to-do Edit Mode, that's great. If not, then it would be a waste after spending it all on beating the songs and bonuses found on the original copies in Japanese. Milking more money for SEGA is bad mmmkay.

Watching the English demo in action and with romanji text instead of an English translation is rather "awful."

3. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

I hate to be cynical, but that's the first reaction I had as well...

4. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

Honestly, it was even a stretch for me to get F (PS3) after f (Vita) just because it had a few more songs (I don't purchase DLC), so no I'm not going to buy the exact same game just because it's in English. I've never even touched Edit mode.
    My friend was so sure that there would be new content in the English version too, but I really doubt that.

5. scarf

oh... I didn't buy the Japanese version so I don't really consider it a waste ._.

6. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

I think it requires some kind of app on PSN, so it would only work for your Japanese account.

7. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Gamestop is offering Snow Miku and a PS3 theme for pre-orders.

[​IMG]

But according to their site listing, it's only temporarily exclusive to them.

Since it'll cost me $7 extra to change my order over to them from Amazon (tax and shipping), I think I'll just wait and save the money. It'll be cheaper, even if I have to wait longer for the DLC/theme.

8. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    The preorder will include all 3 PS3-Themes and both Snow Miku Costumes (Normal and AS). I added US and EU versions to DLC on the wiki. There won't be any offer for EU for now. Let's hope for purchasable DLC on PSN.

9. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

"Mild Violence?" ...I think some of the PVs go along the lines of "comical violence," but other than that... *cough*TokyoTeddybear*cough*

I've already got all the PDF goodies so best of luck to you gaiz without a PSN.JP account. ;P

10. BaseNumbers

BaseNumbers Not初音ミク

Home Page:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/6114JN/
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there 3 versions of Snow Miku? 'Hooded', 'Hoodless w/Twin tails' & 'Hoodless w/Short hair'?
    What's stranger is that ESRB didn't seem to notice that part in Ashes to Ashes where Kaito collapses and bleeds blue blood, I'd imagine they would be like "Omg there's blood and it's blue"

Speaking of ratings, I saw some weeks ago that PEGI rated Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F a [3] or [7] O_o? But I searched today and can't find it so they must have taken it back. I don't know what they rated the demo.

11. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Pfft...ratings are a funny thing. I still have no interest in the English version of F, I have not downloaded the demo but from what I have been hearing, it is not good.

12. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

I bought Project Diva f having a US PSN and didnt die cause of it
    so screw the DLC as usual and screw this pointless localization, most people will just hack their PS3 and wont sell crap in the west for sure.

No PSO2 on the west for Vita? bad move Sega seriously, Vita wont be hacked any soon (if ever) and have far more profit than this
    but whatever... Sega is Sony property so cant be helped i guess, dam game industry going in all the wrong way (sad generation)

13. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Well now I wouldn't go that far Otase. The positive note for this localization is that it will help with the argument for giving future PD games a possibility for an international release. Perhaps even the Arcade will be in all countries at one point as well. While some of us have no interest in the localized version, that does not mean we should be shunning this production.

On a side note: Vita hacking has already been done, though only on a light scale because nobody is that interested in doing it like they did on the PSP yet. Sega does not belong to Sony, the Vita and PS3 are the only part of this equation where Sony is concerned. Also Sony wouldn't get more sales just because someone hacked their product either, if you remember correctly, customers got a lot of heat from them about hacking the unit to the point where we lost out on the extended slim battery. Forcing updates to your system if you were to send it to be repaired leading people to hack it further making the Pandora Battery well all love today.

If you look at the sales for the Vita, PSO2 wouldn't make it more valuable. It just hasn't sold well over here and there isn't much that can be done about it. When “f” it first came out on the Vita, it sold well but not as much as they expected it to. The idea of a "f 2nd" was very much in question at the time. The PS3 version did boost sales but not that much further, adding the US and European sales is smart though a bit late in the game however it clearly is working out for them to make a "f/F 2nd" So to say it won't sell crap is a bit premature at best, I don't expect the sales to be stellar as there has been little to no advertising but at the end of the day every sale counts.

Take a look at a game series like Pokemon, the whole world will receive it on the same day the new game comes out but that took them years to figure out how to do that. If Sega were to take this approach with future PD games, then perhaps the sales will be rather decent. They're already taking a step in the right direction by having F 2nd come out on both the PS3 and Vita at the same time so you have an option of which one you want.

14. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    I'm a little sad that not many are planning on getting it, I'm on the same side as others who already own the game and don't want it twice but I would've gotten it if I could afford it. I see nothing wrong with the translations and the romaji subs (there's no way to have English translated lyrics since there are no official ones) so this is the best option. I find the new translated rankings a little silly but there's no harm in it. But I'd love to get PDF2nd in English and if this version doesn't sell well I can only dream of getting it. (I won't cry if I have to get the Japanese version of the next game as well since I'll have studied the language for 1 1/2 terms by then)

15. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

It's literally the exact same game.

16. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

People have been complaining so much about the different changes made in the English version that it turned me off from looking into the demo. Yet, you say it's exactly the same? So what is everyone's problem with it then?

17. scarf

I honestly have no idea why some people are so against this game coming out in English. As stated above, it's literally the same game with English menus. There are some grammatical changes, but it doesn't change the gameplay in any way, not that the game is that complex in the first place. All we've seen is a demo and apparently that's enough to decide the game is horrible. I can understand not wanting to buy the game twice, but to really hate it for such petty reasons, like changing "fine" to "good", is ridiculous.

This will be many people's first time playing a Project Diva game, and seeing so many negative comments from fans is a little disheartening.

18. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

I wasn't interested in getting it seeing as I have the original. To be honest though I have not taken any time to look into it too much aside from seeing the comments about it in different places. When I was in Gamestop the other day three people were just complaining about what had been done to it and that it will "ruin the franchise"

Perhaps I will take a look at the demo myself in light of this. I am all for this localized version because I would like to see future PD games and the Arcade being distributed worldwide.

19. chaoelite

chaoelite I'll make you do the MikuMiku!

lol "ruin the franchise" thats a good one. Sound like bunch of babies to me. What happens with this version has no effects on future games outside of possible future releases outside of japan. As stated before other then the text changing its same game i played the demo i own the original and will get the us release later this year to support the franchise haters gonna hate no matter what ya do.

20. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

My main aggravations for the release are the fact that I have put over $500 into the series because there was no whisper of an international release, as well as the amount of time I have no put into the language in order to play and understand. I simply refuse to support it because they're already gotten much more money from me than they should have.

On another note, though it's perfectly understandable to be upset with people who don't want the franchise to come over here, denigrating those people pretty much puts everyone in the "snooty" status. Just because I don't like the international release doesn't mean I have to be opposed to the people who want it and vice versa.