1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

IT'S HAPPENING: PDF coming to the West

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by Suyo, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Suyo

Suyo Master of Unfortunate SAFEs
    Legendary Supporter

Website Maintenance, amateur Game Coder
    Home Page:
    http://www.greencouchgames.net
    [c][​IMG][/c]
    It's true: Project DIVA F is finally hitting North America and Europe, with all the songs from the PS3 release in Japan.

After the Facebook push, which happened some months ago, it has been decided: SEGA is finally bring the franchise over to the west. According to SEGA's Associate Brand Manager, Aaron Webber, our "voices helped make this happen", hinting at the fact that the response this Facebook event might have been the one reason which made the higher-ups give this the go. "Miku and SEGA fans, this is your moment. We’re thrilled to bring this title out for you, and we’re counting on your support. Tell Your World!"

There is no word yet as to how much will be localized - whether only the titles will be translated like in the E3 demo, lyrics will get an English option or Edit Mode gets a full translation - or whether the western version will have any changes to it's content, like splitting the Edit Database up between the regions.

A demo will be released on June 11th in NA and June 12th in EU. The full release is planned for August 2013 in both retail stores and on PSN. According to other sources, the retail release will be in America only, Europe will only get a download - but I can't find an official source for that.

Source: SEGA Blog
    #basedSEGA

2. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Huzzah! Now I can get two platinum trophies!!

3. scarf

scarf Intermediate Player

I was so surprised to hear the news! I didn't buy the original F but I'm definitely buying this! I'm so excited!

I'm sure all the Japanese text will be translated along with the edit mode. It wouldn't make sense to take out such a large part of the game. I really hope this sells well enough to get future games released in America and Europe.

4. chaoelite

chaoelite I'll make you do the MikuMiku!

from the official blog it sounded like they only plan to release as psn download :/
    And how many others here are gonna buy this version too to show their support? xD

5. scarf

scarf Intermediate Player

"The game will arrive this August on both PlayStation 3 and Playstation Network in North America, and in Europe on Playstation Network!"

I think there will be a physical copy released but only in North America.

6. Rainbow

Rainbow Intermediate Player

Aw, after I already bought it. I can probably make a quick profit by selling it though >:3

Either way, this is great. Translated edit mode, menus, room activities, and not needing to buy yen for DLC!

7. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

Aw. I was gonna post it but I got held up when the pest control people suddenly showed up for an inspection.

Super happy, though. Not that I doubted it would happen.

Also, this.

8. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Now here's my question, are we going to see an aggressive advertising campaign for the release or is this just going to be spread on the internet only, the last thing I want to happen is for this to come out and then just sit on the shelves because there was little to no fanfare over it. They better not just be relying on people using forums like these in order to figure it out and then head to the shop. *No offense to this place but you get what I'm saying*

9. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

There's no way they'll dedicate good advertising money to something as niche as this. They're banking on word of mouth to sell it, which is honestly all it needs.

10. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Hmm...for the sake of future localizations, I hope you're right.

11. Rainbow

Rainbow Intermediate Player

I hope the word of mouth is good then...I'd expect that if this sells well, we could get the Vita f and Mirai even.

12. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

I'd be more willing to celebrate if this were an announcement for the Arcade in addition but it's a start I suppose.

13. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

^
    If Arcade ever comes to Europe, especially in my place = I am in heaven 8D
    ---

But to be honest, I fear of the now coming "Wanna-be Fans" since it's still japanese stuffs ... (or people just don't take Project DIVA serious)
    A translated EDIT Mode is really nice to have but still ...
    I don't know. I mean Playstation games are region free already, not like Nintendo games. Isn't imported game already enough? (my opinion)

14. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

I'm mostly excited about a translated edit mode ^_^

15. Ongaku_no_tenshi

Ongaku_no_tenshi Big Debut

My thoughts exactly. I'm more than willing to purchase this game a fourth time for this feature alone.

16. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    A positive thing I suppose is that this forum will get more members, there aren't many active ones compared to other fandoms, especially considering Miku's popularity. I'm positively surprised by this good news and while I won't buy the game a second time I will recommend it to others.

17. Kyrika

Kyrika Advanced Player

I can't begin to express how overjoyed I am to also have this happen. Translated edit mode is one of the biggest things I've wanted since I played 2nd years ago. Every time I listen to music, I'm tapping my fingers and thinking how I can note map it in PD LoL.
    I'm all for buying the game a third time for edit mode as well as to show my support. Hell, I bought a PS Vita FOR PDf, other games I got on vita were just bonus afterwards :P

18. Ongaku_no_tenshi

I think the english translated edit mode is going to be a big factor for those of us who would consider buying the game again. Once the game actually drops here in the western world, as far as new potential fans are concerned, it's anyone's guess as to how well this title will sell.

19. chaoelite

chaoelite I'll make you do the MikuMiku!

I wonder if they are banking on selling as many copies as their are likes. If it sold that many then maybe if the arcade machine does well in cali we may see elsewhere arcade machines. And if they are releasing a demo in June then i suppose people that just check the updates every week may download the game and choose to buy it since the store is sorta of a sale tool as well.

Also i bought my vita initially for PDf but now i have 2 vitas one for us games and one for japanese games xD

20. Ongaku_no_tenshi

Sega selling as many copies as the number of likes on their facebook page is a nice thought. But my thinking tends to rear towards a more realistic number for something as niche as this. Don't get me wrong, the Diva fan in my heart would love for this title to sell that many copies, and many more. Hey, more exposure! Awesome! But my realist mind can't really fathom this situation. I sincerely hope that I am proven wrong. As for Project Diva Arcade becoming more available in arcades here in the United States, uhm.. well... hehehe.

Can't see this either.

Arcades have been dead for over a decade here in the U.S. Except for a few key hotspots like California and a few places I know that are still active in New York (both of which are popular mainly due to the competitive fighting game scene,) I don't think many more Project Diva Arcade machines will appear in other places. I'm not holding my breathe to be proven wrong on this one. While I can't speak for Europe, generally, all of us here love a very niche game series (and (Vocaloid) culture for that matter) in the U.S.