1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Is This the Final PD game?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by Seeu-Luka, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Seeu-Luka

Seeu-Luka Big Debut

Hey PD experts:) I was wondering if this is the final PD game? I read from someone on DeviantART that it was final.I'm hoping this isn't true because I really love these games.As I'm sure we all do.

2. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    The franchise is thriving so the games are most likely going to continue, the timeframe of when a game will be made is never set in stone nor is it easy to predict. The sales from both Diva f and F were not as impressive as they originally hoped they would be and make it rather difficult to pull together another production along the same scale with the current systems. Of course there are many other factors that weigh in on how well a game sells also. I think it is safe to say that I wouldn't imagine us seeing another Vita game from the PD line anytime soon. With the PS4 in play, it is possible that the next few games will be on that system. With SEGA's recent interest for localization, the newer PD games could possibly be open to the international market as well, which would expand the customer base. Though, that is just my view on it.

In short, no, I don't think this is the end at all.

3. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    I doubt this will be the last PD game, like Darksidehearts said, because of the international release. Depending on how well the game sells in the West the next game could be announced for an over-seas release around the same time as the Japanese release. I'm hoping for a PS4 game ^^

4. Xiphon

Xiphon Newbie Player

IT Technical Support
    I doubt that this will be the last game. I reckon we will see the next one on the Vita with a possible release on the PS3/PS4

5. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Yep, as Darkside said, not likely to be the final game. It is possible, however, that this marks a decrease in budget seeing as sales have been rather lackluster. I would really like to see them simply port the Arcade content to another console release.

6. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    That would be amazing, a really big thing would be able to play arcade-songs at home the same way as with the machines; that you could buy whichever songs and modules you want in any order (I don't know if it works that way since I've never played Arcade but it's the impression I've gotten from it).

7. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Like the others, it will not be the last one, i'm thinking more about a new PjD game on PSvita / PS3 (this will be the last one on PS3 because it's the end of the PS3 and the PS4 will not be so much sold aroud the world to make profits)

So a new game on PSvita and PS3 and later later later the games will be released on PSvita / PS4.

8. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    A short time after f for Vita got released there was a statement that they don't know if they'll work on a new Project DIVA game since the Vita game was really expensive to create. (I guess licensing and stuff.)
    Anyways, since the PS3 version is now out and it's english release will be here soon, maybe it will be time for a new Vita & PS3/4 game soon.

One good thing of this series is that the content which can be used for the games is endless. Users create more and more music, it won't stop.

9. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

The person you heard that from was probably confused. I remember there being some kind of statement about there not being another... something. The costs involved with Project DIVA f/F were so high that they weren't sure they could pull a huge overhaul like that again or put it on multiple systems or something. But there will always be more Project DIVA. It's a big cash cow for Sega.

They're already revamping the arcade version to be more like F.

10. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

Unless they release for Vita wouldnt even care if another gets released or not,
    im not entire pleased with current generation where i have to pay DLC when content could have been there,
    surely would pay the DLC for Vita Project Diva f, if Sony didnt tied it to 1 PSN only.

And we have yet to know if that PS3 going overseas is going to be boosting that much of sales,
    after all in US and EU, PS3 is hacked by lots of people unlike Japan where its more strict with that.

11. infinity

infinity Little traveler

This topic will be sooner obsolete :)

12. PSI Gaming

PSI Gaming Stressed? Don't fret!

13. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Yeah, I believe that's what Infinity was referring to.

14. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    So, that's it! To answer the question in the title: Nope! :D

TO BE CONTINUED HERE: viewforum.php?f=43