1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Is project diva over?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone' started by PinkoStickLuv, Apr 11, 2018.

1. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    I’ve noticed there’s been no news or update from future tone for awhile now and I’m just wondering is the series officially over? And if so was it because project diva x and future tone didn’t do as well as expected?​

2. RayGirl

RayGirl Intermediate Player

To be honest, I'm not sure. There were still a few more songs that needed to be charted Extra Extreme on the arcade. That might be their plan on the arcade and future plans on adding them on PS4 version.

3. Zac Wood

Zac Wood Staff/Fortune Teller/Lucky Guesser/Spam Buster
    Staff Member Moderator

Family buisness, a Family matter.
    #3 Zac Wood, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    I myself wondered that, made more apparent with MikuFlick and it’s sequel getting the axe starting in 2016. Maybe it’s EX. Extreme charts, or maybe they have other, if not, bigger plans:

• A Nintendo Switch Product (Which I know is gonna materialize sooner or later as a real product the more you think about it...)

• Something for PlayStation 5 (A huge risk if the system was to fail.)

• SEGA’s buisness relationship with CFM ending. (I doubt it, since the live concerts didn’t happen without SEGA or Marza Animation Planet.)

To update; It’s looking like option #3. The SEGA FEAT. HATSUNE MIKU Project twitter account revealed that Mikudayo, or any other affiliated characters will not appear at SEGA FES’18. The declining presence, followed by the lack of new announcements, is making Hatsune Miku’s image as a SEGA brand deteriorate.

4. Doctopus

Doctopus Project Alpaca "BDFL"

There is an upcoming update that brings the new 10 EXEX charts to PS4

5. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    Thanks for all the replies everyone I guess we’ll just wait and see what Sega does.