1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

I can use the translation patch and link it with DT in PS3?

Discussion in 'Project DIVA 2nd & Project DIVA Dreamy Theater 2nd' started by FabioManoel, Sep 9, 2013.

1. FabioManoel

FabioManoel Welcome to DIVA!

Sandblast Worker
    I am sorry my bad english.

I do not own yet a PSP or a PSP Diva game yet, but, I want to buy it soon, since I buy Project Diva F for PS3 and I am love it so much that I want to buy more Miku games, but, first, I need to know:

If I buy "Project DIVA Dreamy Theater 2nd" using a japanese PSN account in my PS3, I can link it with a PSP using a PSP CFW with Project DIVA 2nd translated patch ?

I really want to buy and collect the physical japanese copies of all Miku games, but, I want to install the translation patch in the games.

You understand ? My PS3 is genuine, no CFW, and I never want to install a CFW in my PS3, but, I want to buy a PSP with a CFW to play fan translated japanese games.

But, I searched in google, and looks like this is impossible. Someone can confirm or deny it ?

Thank you very much.

2. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Re: I can use the translation patch and link it with DT in P

I'll be glad to answer your question to the best of my ability.

You can sync your save data to Dreamy Theater 2nd even if you used a translation patched version of Project Diva 2nd. To my knowledge the save data is not altered in any sort of way and can easily be used with both the original version or a patched game. However in order to transfer it, you will need to upgrade your PSP to the latest official firmware. I'm not sure if it is possible to transfer the save data off a PSP with a custom firmware installed or not but I have not been able to do it myself. What you can do is simply use a lite custom firmware which would allow you to have both the official firmware and custom firmware abilities without having the flash the firmware on your PSP at all. Hope that answers your question.

3. FabioManoel

Sandblast Worker

I ordered from a importer from Japan the Hatsune MIku Project Diva 2nd game, but, is always risk to buy these games from importers, most of the time the game never comes and is lost forever, because of it, I do not buy yet a PSP, I will buy it only If my Miku game really reach my house.

I liked so much Hatsune Miku game of PS3 that I want to collect all Miku games little by little, since is a small fortune to import it .

But, I want to keep a hacked PSP to play the translation patch, even If I have the original genuine game. And have others fan translated games that I want to try, like the PSP game of Oreimo.

I searched in google and so far my limited english can get me to understand, If I update my hacked PSP to the latest OFW, this will become impossible to change it again to a CFW forever, even using this thing named "lite custom firmware" .

You can check If I am right or wrong about it ?

Thank you very much.

4. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Where are you living to have so many ripoffs in your local postal service ?

5. FabioManoel

Sandblast Worker

Brazil. Here have thieves in everywhere. specially in the Federal Police that check all International Postal Service Packs... But my hope is these guys just ignore my Hatsune MIku game, maybe this do not looks valuable for them... I need to wait, still several days until I have any news about my pack. If it can reach here I will even post pictures of it in here ! Will be really a happy day that need to be remembered forever !

Is the difficulty of to get something that makes something valuable. And really to get a japanese game here in Brazil is barely impossible, If I can get it, this will be my most valuable treasure.

6. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

You can always downgrade your PSP if you want to. A lite custom firmware allows you to launch a program that temporarily enables a custom firmware on your PSP without having to flash the system. So in other words, you can still have the full abilities of a custom firmware to access home-brew games, ISO usage, system plugins ect. Kind of the best of both worlds if you think about it. I did this on a PSP that I gave to a friend of mine recently because I wanted to help her get Dreamy Theater 2nd up and running. I can make a video about it if you would like me to.

7. FabioManoel

Sandblast Worker

I can understand text english, but, I cannot understand voice english ( the way that english phoneme are so much different than brazilian) then a video will be useless.

Just say to me the name of the CFW that make it that you are saying and I will search in google to find text guides of how to use it.

I found out that exist a lot of CFW, but, I not sure which one I need to use. And which PSP model is the best for me to buy where is easy to change between CFW and OFW ?

I not sure If I will be forced to link my PSP everyday in my PS3 to play my Dreamy Theatre.... And I guess everytime that I need to link the 2 consoels I need to use OFW... I do not want to be banned from PSN... I am not a "pirate" man, I really love to collect genuine games since I was a child. I just want to use the hacked PSP because of the translations... If my PSP MIku games comes successfully in my house, I will buy at least once a month one new japanese game that already exist a translation patch. I really love japanese games. I already tried to learn japanese, but, I failed, I am not sufficient intelligent and diligent... is just impossible for me to memorize kanji...

The CFW 6.60 PRO-C2 is easy to chage between CFW and OFW ? If I use it is safe to link my PS3 in my PSP without the risk of to be "marked" and banned from PSN ? Is easy to find guides in Brazilian Portuguese expaining how to use it:

http://gameblogevolution.blogspot.com.b ... ro-c2.html

Thank you very much you all. You guys are really helping me a lot. Thank you very much really.

8. FabioManoel

Sandblast Worker

Today finally reached my game from Japan !

Maybe for you all from USA or Europe this is no big deal, but, here in Brazil is almost impossible to get a genuine copy of such kind of game !

This is sure a treasure ! I cannot control my enthusiasm !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Congratulations on getting the game, have fun and enjoy your cherished treasure ^_^