1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

How To Use the PDf Edit Database

Discussion in 'Tutorial Area - By users for users!' started by Suyo, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Suyo

Suyo Master of Unfortunate SAFEs
    Legendary Supporter

Website Maintenance, amateur Game Coder
    Home Page:
    http://www.greencouchgames.net
    On the PSP, it was easy to share Edits over the internet: Zip up the savedata, upload it, extract it. Done. With the new Online Edit Database in PDf, it is way simpler - but not if you don't speak Japanese. Here's a little guide to use it!

Logging into PSN
    [​IMG]
    Here we are in the main menu. To use the Network features, you need to enter the Communication menu by hitting the purple button on the right (通信).

[​IMG]
    Here we are! Now there are two options - the second one, アドホック通信 (Ad Hoc Communication), allows for you to send Edits locally, to another PS Vita near you. We want to enter the Edit Database though, so choose the first option, インターネット通信 (Internet Communication).

[​IMG]
    And that's it, you are now logged into PSN - welcome to the Edit Database! You don't even need a Japanese account, Europe and US accounts work just as well.

Uploading your Edit
    [​IMG]
    After hitting マイデータ (My Data) in the Edit Database, you will be greeted with this screen - though it will be most likely missing the first Edit. This is where you can manage your own Database Entries. There are three slots - meaning you can have three Edits online at once per acount - which each have three buttons - アップロード (Upload), ダウンロード (Download) and 削除 (Delete). It's pretty straightforward - the first button allows you to select one of your Edits and put it online. Just select it from your Savedata List, and it's pretty much done. If you accidentally delete the Edit on your Vita, you can get it back with the second button, and the Delete button allows you to free up the slot.
    Your Edit will recieve an unique ID, which you can use to share your work in our Edit forums.

Downloading an Edit
    From the Edit Database, there are two options to find Edits to play. In any case, I recommend connecting the Vita to your PC and copying the song before you download it from the Database, since the Edit Database does not share the songs - only the data.

[​IMG]
    The second option, データサーチ (Data Search), allows you to look up Edits by a PSN account, and is the best way to find one. オンラインID入力 (Online ID Input) allows you type in the account name and find their profile this way. Alternatively, if you and the Edit Creator are friends on PSN, you can quickly access their profile by choosing フレンドリスト選択 (Friend List Selection) and choosing their name.

[​IMG]
    Either way, you end up on a screen looking suspiciously like the My Data screen, except only the Download buttons are active. And that's all you need, since that's your goal, right?
    Download the Edit, choose an empty slot to save it in, and then go play it with the right option in the Rhythm Game menu!

[​IMG]
    A quick mention to the third option in the Edit Database, オンラインデータ一覧 (Online Data List), which shows every. Single. Edit.
    Ordered by newest to oldest by default, it's good to look for really new Edits - but watch out, if you are too quick on the draw, the Edit might not even be on there yet - the Data List does not update automatically when a new Edit arrives, but takes some time.

2. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    Thanks Suyo!

just a question:

in this screen song 71, 77 and 78 have a small yellow indicator active on the right side... anyone knows what it does mean?
    [​IMG]

3. Suyo

Suyo Master of Unfortunate SAFEs
    Legendary Supporter

Website Maintenance, amateur Game Coder
    Home Page:
    http://www.greencouchgames.net
    The Kanji 再 seems to mean "again", so it should be something along the lines of "reupload". Checking my update to the Lineart Edit, the badge is not idsplaying though - my guess: the badge means the Edit was downloaded from the Edit Database, edited on the Vita, and uploaded. If you make a change to an Edit, but the Edit was not downloaded from the Database, and upload it again, the indicator will not show

4. bestz2541

bestz2541 Big Debut

Please Help,
    when I go to download the edit data
    this windows is appear on my VITA
    and I can't download any data ...
    please help
    [​IMG]

5. LockdownX64

LockdownX64 Welcome to DIVA!

hi guys, this may be inappropriate for me to ask of this, but, do you guys know the online id for this PV edit?

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20351241

thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction