1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Hmm a lot of Miku?

Discussion in 'VOCALOID' started by NekoPocky, Jan 8, 2012.

1. NekoPocky

NekoPocky Advanced Player

Home Page:
    http://www.Otakupocky.tumblr.com
    It's been a while since I've been a Vocaloid fan and I've noticed Miku's the only Vocaloid that gets loads of promotion or maybe all the fame? Don't get me wrong, Miku's awesome.... but don't the other Vocaloid's deserve a little love too. I noticed a bit of this from the concerts and games...even sites with figures of Vocaloid (The figures aren't under a vocaloid category it's just titled Hatsune Miku. She even has more figures than the others.). Whereas in the concerts Rin,Len and Luka only get maybe 2-5 songs, excluding the short medley's from Mikupa. Maybe everyone just likes Miku more.....or maybe ecause she's the most frequently used Vocaloid program since she was the first in the VOCALOID 2 series. It's just a little unfair since I only hear fans cheering "Miku's" name at the concerts. What's your opinion. Are you someone who just cares about Miku or do you think the other Vocaloids need some promotion.

2. Konatacoffee

Konatacoffee I <3 Hatsune Miku!

I would like to see more Meiko as well, though I think the reason is because she's nowhere near as popular as Miku.

3. kaiki

kaiki Sweet-Tooth Gamer

Lab assistant
    There is once i did told my friends that if i manage to find the suggestion website for Sega about Project Diva, i will complain with my sister that there is too much Miku songs in the newest Project Diva f. I mean seriously, out of 32 songs only about 10 without Miku inside? And poor Vocaloid 1 gen... they have only two songs each in the newest PDf? That's unfair to me......even i might have no comments on modules and the rest about the games XD"

And more over i finally done playing Project Mirai and i was still a little upset that Gumi was just a guest in the songs, no appearance or modules for her =(

Well, better stop now before i had ranted too much again =P

4. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    4 songs for 1st generation.

Stay With Me
    Kaito's song (i forgot the name right now)
    Nostalogic
    ACUTE (Kaito + Luka + Miku)

Well it's just normal that there are so many miku songs in the game.

1. It's still "HATSUNE MIKU - Project DIVA".
    2. Miku is the most popular Vocaloid and has the most songs.

5. kaiki

kaiki Sweet-Tooth Gamer

Lab assistant
    Ops, i mean two songs each ^^;;;

Better edit my post later.....

oh, btw Kaito's solo song is Haihahaini, or Ashes to Ashes in translated XD
    (Is a Kaito fan herself)

Anyway~ maybe you are right, just really really hope other vocaloid can get some loved and not forgotten too....

6. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Well from a marketing view of things, Miku is more popular seeing as she's easily recognized. *Don't quote me on this* If I remember correctly she paved the way for international interest of the Vocaloids. Many people might know of the others but unless your into the Vocaloids then you may not know the multitude of them nor the history.

7. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    that's right miku's the one who was in familymart commercial in JP or the corolla miku ads in US. not rin, not luka.
    miku IS the most popular one, so she's the one who gets most of the vocaloid fame.

8. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Never saw those ads around here, guess they didn't bother to air them in the New England area. Geez, I've seen more people drive Toyota brand vehicles in my state than any other over the last few years. Well anyway, it's a sound marketing strategy no matter where it's promoted. Now I wouldn't be too concerned for the fate of the other Vocaloids as time rolls on, if anything this helps them out more if you think about it. If people go to look up Hatsune Miku, they are bound to find the others and thus look into them further delving deeper into the Vocaloid world.

So in essence Miku is the gateway to the Vocaloid world. The larger her popularity grows, the more others will be appreciated.
    - - - -

*Now this part is a little off-topic but I hope it ties in well for the conversation, also this is my own personal opinion and does not reflect on anyone's views here on the forum and is more than likely too harsh. So I apologize ahead of time here but take it with a grain of salt please.*

Although I am a Luka fan I doubt I would have known about her without paying attention to Miku related materials in the first place. I started getting into the Vocaloid world fully around 2009 when Luka was introduced. However I had seen some videos of Miku in 2008 and vaguely knew about her in 2007. The point is that if I had not been paying attention to Miku I would never had known about Luka. So it does stand to say that without Miku, how many people would know of the other Vocaloids as much as they do today?