1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

News Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone' started by BladeTH, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

Okay no joke, this game's going to be hard even with 60FPS.

8 seperate buttons including shoulder buttons for slides.

But wait... maybe that's just Design of the buttons. Maybe it's easier after all >:D

Okay, what has extreme then?

2. BladeTH

BladeTH Advanced Player

Those arrows are just designs so player can easily understand which button he should press.
    And looks like that Up button = triangle, for example, so player can alternate between them.

Extreme?

3. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

There is still one unconfirmed thing about Extreme: Are they going to change the chart into an easier version as we have in recent PDF games or are they going to have the same note count in Extreme while fitting a PS4 controller?
    Or is it gonna be a 100% PDA Extreme chart, haha.

4. BladeTH

BladeTH Advanced Player

Hmmm
    If Google Translate isn't lying to me, there is an option to "kill" multiple notes (third one on the options screen). But I'm not sure.
    I want them to place full Arcade Chart in PDFT.
    And number of notes in "DECORATOR" on the Hard difficulty is same on the Arcade and PS4.

5. WWEdeadman

WWEdeadman Master of the 1 Safe

Chemist, Twitch Streamer, YouTuber
    Home Page:
    http://www.twitch.tv/WWEdeadman
  6. StrawberryTofu

StrawberryTofu May destroy a nearby planet or 2 but such is life

I make beautiful men perform cute dances for me
    Woah! I'm having mixed feelings about this release date. I'm ecstatic about it coming earlier than I expected but at the same time, my personal desire of having all the non-Gumi songs from Project Mirai being added to arcade before Future Tone releases on PS4 seems like it won't be coming true. Maybe they'll be upcoming DLC. At the least, I hope they'll add a few Mirai songs in the few months before it releases.

7. MikuFan01

MikuFan01 Welcome to DIVA!

Home Page:
    https://thecorrellroyhd.wordpress.com
    Many of the songs will be DLC and most modules will be DLC as well. All songs and module will be on the game and control config will make it more challenging and entertaining.

8. BladeTH

BladeTH Advanced Player

Is it confirmed?
    And what price for songs and modules?

9. WWEdeadman

Home Page:
    Source? Cause don't go around stating your own expectations of how it's gonna be as facts.

As far as we know, all songs will be in the game from the start, and nobody officially said anything about DLC concerning this game so far.

Also, considering 4-button.holds: In this gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51SbaGYJ2wQ you can clearly see quadruple holds being a thing. And it's actually doable on a DS4. Just press 2 face buttons with one thump, and the 2 remaining directions on the D-Pad. Something you'd have to get used to, yes, but totally doable.
    Also, you have the option to move the sticks for the sliders instead as well, apparently. That's also pretty cool.
    As far as I can see, the charts are probably gonna be exactly the same as in the Arcade.

10. BladeTH

BladeTH Advanced Player

11. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
  12. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

13. MikuFan01

MikuFan01 Welcome to DIVA!

Home Page:
    https://thecorrellroyhd.wordpress.com
    Gotta be honest about controls, they seem easy to adjust on feel wise.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For those saying "expectation" from DLC comment. Im not doing a expectation. More like speculation up till release because thing about. All is exactly like Arcade and we saw gameplay with Miku (Snow Miku 2016) and 2016 Snow miku is latest snow miku module and we saw all 2010 - 2016. This does tell us all previous module will be "speculated" to be available. however as DLC or on unlockable in game is unknown. But since SEGA did say "Its integrated as arcade" not knowing all songs will be unlock or DLC, since its PSN download that would be a big big file size if none parts are none DLC (all speculation not expectations).

Sorrry for messy typing my keyyboard on my phone is wacky.

14. PinkoStickLuv

Playing Project Diva
    I mean if you play extreme a lot you're used to using the D-Pad with the button pad so holding two buttons on the D-Pad and two buttons on the button pad will probably not be that hard for an extreme player.

15. WWEdeadman

Home Page:
    Yeah, as I said before, quad holds are totally doable.

Also, nice to see the layout for the controls.

Oh, and, whether you call it speculation or expectation doesn't make much of a difference. Your phrasing made it sound like you stated it as a fact. However, fact is, we don't know whether there will be DLC or not. And, yeah, having all songs including PVs and Modules would make this quite the huge download. But I guess it would still not exceed games like GTAV or Just Cause 3 or Fallout 4 (between 30 and 50 GB). So I guess that would still be fine.

16. unkai87

unkai87 Intermediate Player

This is my most anticipated game EVER. I have been playing project diva since the first one. When I went to Japan to study, before hand I marked on a map my apartment, my school, train station and closest game center with project diva. When I got back home I was SO SO SO SO SO sad that i could not keep playing. I even remember a japanese friend who lives in the countryside, fan of Project diva arcade but could not drive one hour and half by car just to play the game. We laugh saying that i may be closer by plane to a sega game center that he was living in japan.

Anyway, this is a DREAM COME TRUE. I will still buy any game that sega relases. Im waiting for X like everybody is. I just hope that they keep Project diva future tone as updated as they do with the arcade. Because thats what keeps it alive.

I am constantly playing new songs thinking i would play it with this or that module. And viceversa. A new module that i love thinking how i would love to play an old song with it. This is a dream come true and they should try to keep it as the most complete game. Really, sega, we will keep buying more and more games but please make that content avalible at a later date in future tone with those magical graphics. I dont mind if its DLC or if its crazy expensive. I dont really care. This is the only franchise that i can say I am a hardcore fan. I know it sounds crazy but when it comes to this game, I dont mind the price

Sorry for the long long message.

17. mp645slix

mp645slix Welcome to DIVA!

I noticed your counter-argument over the idea of a PC Port. I noticed quite a bit of mis-informent and incorrect information, and I just want to shed some light on it. Before I start, Keep in mind that I own many consoles (GameCube, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, SEGA Genesis, SNES, GameBoy Advanced, Nintendo 3DS, and PlayStation Portable), So you cannot say that I am an strict PC Master Race HotDog-Rider. I just find that the Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 not being worth the investment, just for a few games (Those games being Danganronpa V3, Persona 5, Project Diva X and Future Tone, and Kingdom Hearts 3) and very little (or scarce) game library, and almost non-existent backwards compatibility.

1. It is doable without any framerate drops. A GTX 750ti, which is an entry-level graphics card for $150 can pull off higher framerates than a PlayStation 4. The original arcade version ran on a GTX 650, an intel core i5, and 4GB Ram at 720p 60fps. With this logic in place, an entry level desktop (Like my $400 budget build desktop) with a Quad Core CPU, and 8GB Ram could easilly pull it off without framerate drops (If you are refering to a crappy pre-built laptop trying to run it, good luck then. You will need it!). Most modern age computers (Minus the pre-built notebook crap computer manufacturers like HP pull out of their arses each year at the local walmart) (pardon my french.)

2. Only being able to play with Keyboards? Oh boy, do I want to laugh at this one! Did you know that you can plug an Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller in Via USB (Or with a wireless dongle) and play games with very little setup needed (You dont even need to worry about drivers)? You could use a PlayStation Controller, or a Steam Machine controller aswell if you wanted! I could plug a PJD Arcade Style Controller by Hori, and there would be very little setup needed.

3. Although it is easier to Pirate a game on PC, Most developers use something called DRM to prevent this stuff from happening. Denuvo, Gameguard, and Steam's built-in DRM are great examples of Anti-Piracy measures that can be used. Used Games, which are common place on Consoles, affect the game industry more than a shlong-head who uploads repacks of games on the pirate bay. Not only does the person trading in the game (If at a retailer) gets ripped off by the trade-in value, but the Original Devs get 0% of that money, the person recieving the game gets a sub-par product (If damaged). The only people making money are gamestop, or those shmucks at the thrift shop who overprice the used product's value. Even when selling a game discounted on Steam, the developers make more money from it than a typical console sale, because of the over-zealous royalties and fees to release a game, let alone updates for said game on a console. That Is one reason why console games cost so damn much. Exploits like hacks, I dont even get why this would be a problem on a game like this. There's no actual multiplayer, and even then SEGA has used Steam's VAC anti-cheat, and GameGuard (In the Phantasy Star Online Games). Geeh, Cheating on consoles sure isnt a problem? You should check out the leaderboards of some games, and there are many first place leads on it, with the same exact unrealisticly high score.

4. A computer isn't necessarily more expensive than a console. You can build a desktop that can bash the Xbox One and PS4 for an easy $400. Not to mention, you can do much more on a desktop. Sure, If you go all out for a desktop, it could be expensive, but the money saved from buying games on Steam, Origin, and GOG can easily make the investment worth it. While brand new games will almost always cost $60 at gamestop, just check out Steam's sales, and you can get major discounts on games. If you are talking about a pre-built computer, than obviously It will cost much more than what it is worth. I recommend building a desktop (Which despite what some people say, it's actually really easy. Just an hour of setting up, and you will have a fresh computer to use). It is much better than buying a laptop that comes out of the box with malware and crap, and is extremely underpowered. With the PlayStation 4, to have a complete setup, you would need to buy an extra controller or two, and then some games. With my computer, I could just plug in my $10 Xbox 360 Controller (Which most if not all games support) and play without any B.S, and I wouldn't need to pay $60 for a controller.

Some games when released on PC actually had the multiples worth of sales compared to the console versions of said game. HyperDimension Neptunia and Danganronpa has sold a decent amount compared to the PlayStation Vita Versions. At this point SEGA is desperate for money (atleast in North America), and I bet my bottom dollar the series will appear on Steam or the likes one way or another very soon. If SEGA couldnt pull of Future Tone on PC, I bet they could release Project Diva X, F, or F2nd without any problems, Saying as almost everyone has hardware that could pull of PlayStation Vita stuff (My old Xbox 360 era Graphics card, the GeForce 8800 GT was able to pull off HyperDimension Neptunia without lag whatsoever).

Sorry If it took forever reading this, I just wanted to shed some light onto the subject, saying as alot of these are misconceptions, and stereotypical counter-arguments. Sorry If I sounded like a raging douche while making my statements, I just want these facts to be heard.

Also, sorry if it took so long to respond, I haven't checked this forum in months.

18. angeal

angeal Newbie Player

PS4 can definitely pull out future tone engine&graphics, granted the fact that a PS4 is more powerful than an arcade future tone cabinet.
    This arcade future tone port will be the best, and PS4 seems the get to go this year, project diva wise's.
    Playing newer X's songs at 1080p60fps (+ maybe VR), older songs + nearly all arcade exclusive songs and a bunch of mirai's exclusive songs that never made it to an home console before, all on one console, time to get a PS4 I guess.

19. PinkoStickLuv

Playing Project Diva
    You probably won't be seeing X songs in Future Tone for a while! They still are porting songs from Mirai and I'm not sure if Kagerou days and Cantarella Grace edition will be ported since they left out some songs from F.

20. angeal

angeal Newbie Player

Yeah I know, what I mean is by getting arcade future tone port and the X version, both on PS4, you will have the PJD ultimate game experience so far, with high resolution, perfect 60fps, the lastest game-visual assets, possibly the VR and above all, nearly 85% of all PJD songs ever released, all on one console :).
    PS4 gets so much PJD love this year, it's amazing.