1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

3DS [GB/GBC/GBA/DS/3DS] Favorite Pokemon?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Dyspnia, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    I recently bought a new Pokemon game and got to thinking, what's my favorite Pokemon? I wonder if someone's favorite Pokemon has to do with what kind of person they are. So let's go on and ask!

What's your guys' favorite ポケットモンスター!
    It can be just one or multiple. Try to say why you like them if you can!

I'll name mine, I have a fav from each Gen cause it's so hard to pick one OTL:

[c]-----
    Gen 1:
    Tie between Nidoking/Machoke
    [​IMG][simg=155,184]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/8/8e/067Machoke.png/260px-067Machoke.png[/simg]
    Excuse my weirdness, but I can't decide which one of them is sexier...
    -----
    Gen 2:
    Meganium
    [​IMG]
    My good ol' pal Rita was always my strongest in HG.
    -----
    Gen 3:
    Flygon
    [​IMG]
    Buying a plushie just makes me like certain Pokemon more, even if I didn't know they existed beforehand.
    -----
    Gen 4:
    Arceus
    [​IMG]
    I just can't resist a Pokemon when I see a plushie of it!
    -----
    Gen 5:
    Hydreigon
    [​IMG]
    Plushies make everything cuter. Plushies plushies plushies!
    -----
    Gen 6 as of right now:
    Mega Kangaskhan
    [​IMG]
    (Not really it's own Pokemon, but for me, it's no competition to the rest.)
    I already loved Kangaskhan from the start (It's my favorite Pokemon Card in the TCG, I usually keep it in my wallet along with my German Bulbasaur).
    Freaking, now we get to see the flippin baby out of its pouch and ready to fight!
    -----[/c]

Most of my list is there just cause I can't stop cuddling their plushes...

Note: If you state any Gen 6 Pokemon, please use the Spoiler Tag for those who don't want any info about X and Y.
    Honestly, this would be the first time I would see the Spoiler Tag be used for ACTUAL spoilers on this forum... xD

2. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    [c]Sure, I don't mind sharing my personal favourites. Mind if I use pictures as well or do you want just a list? Also, once the game is released to the public can I add my Gen VI choice to my original list?[/c]

[c]My List[/c]
    [c]Gen I: Wartortle
    [​IMG]
    What can I say? I really like turtles. Blastoise is nice but those ears and tail on War really signify "water" to me.

Gen II: Noctowl
    [​IMG]
    Owls are my favourite animal in real life, so naturally I would have a Noctowl as my partner as I travel through Johto and Kanto ^_^

Gen III: Breloom
    [​IMG]
    It's awesome looking and battles hard. It learns some incredibly good moves along with a great ability.

Gen IV: Luxray
    [​IMG]
    Not a huge fan of Gen IV but I do like Luxray, it's an electric Lion and that is enough for me.

Gen V: Lilligant
    [​IMG]
    Say what you will about grass type Pokemon but, mix beauty with power and you have my heart. Also mine is a shiny so she's extra pretty :3
    [/c]
    [c]My Gen VI Choice[/c]
    [c]Gen VI:Sylveon/Nymphia
    [​IMG]
    :3[/c]

3. scarf

scarf Intermediate Player

I'm not big into competitive battling so I mostly picked my favorites based solely on appearance.

Gen. 1: Vulpix

Gen. 2: Murkrow

Gen 3: Skitty

Gen 4: Pachirisu

Gen 5: Lillipup

Basically if it's cute then I like it. I haven't seen any gen. 6 Pokemon that stand out to me but I'm sure I'll find a few while playing.

4. Dyspnia

University Student
    I love your pic idea, I think I'll do that to my list for a little more pizzaz. And of course you may change it when Gen VI comes out!

5. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Thanks, figured I would ask in case you want me to change anything. Oh, I did resize the images because some of them were quite big.

[Off-Topic]
    I just spent the last three hours training and going through the Seafoam Islands, caught Articuno and only just now found Blaine's gym >_<

6. Dyspnia

University Student
    Any change reflecting favorites is a good change, I'm pretty sure your mind will go to another Pokemon when you get the games (especially since EVERYONE will probably be getting that new Pokemon, it might get boring to see after a while).
    And as for the pictures, I just used the smaller thumbnails on Bulbapedia and they were pretty decent sizes.

[Off-Topic]
    You're lucky, I can't even get past the first gym yet in Red (Jap). My Pokemon are level 15 and I can't even UGHHH OTL

7. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

X) Right, I could have just used the smaller images.

Sylveon
    is very popular at the moment along with the starters. I'm hoping to find a new one as my favourite once I play through the game when I get it.

[Off-Topic]
    There is always a work around for gym battles, who is in your current party and what moves do they have? BTW: I beat Blaine, all that is left is Blue and then I'll have all the Kanto badges. Still can't get over the fact Blaine's gym was so close the entrance XD

My first instinct *aside from checking trash cans* was to head down the ladder instead of the one that goes up. It took a bit of time because my Noctowl kept knocking out Articuno. He's level 85 at this point

8. Dyspnia

University Student
    Spoiler tag don't forget!

[Off-Topic]
    Can't wait to see a hall of fame picture from you!
    And as for my team:
    Level 11 Charmander (ニサ)
    Level 11 Rattata (ジョズ)
    Problem with me is, I don't need any new Pokemon on my team as of now, I wanna wait til later to add a few new bros.

9. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Eep! Sorry, it has been corrected.

[Off-Topic]
    Hmm...well that isn't a problem, you just need to level them up a bit more. Brock's Geodude is level 12 and his Onyx is level 14
    You can rely on STAB ember with your Charmander or if you want work to evolve it to Charmeleon then you would have a better edge health and power-wise. Remember, Char is a Special Type attacker so that is where your saving grace is here. Also you could evolve Rattata to Raticate, can't go wrong there. Let me know how it goes, also I'll make sure to post a photo of my team when I get the chance ;)

*Hint-Hint* Might want to make another thread for showcasing teams