1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

First video for PDF2nd! [UPDATE 21st]

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by Suyo, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Suyo

Suyo Master of Unfortunate SAFEs
    Legendary Supporter

Website Maintenance, amateur Game Coder
    Home Page:
    http://www.greencouchgames.net
  2. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

Yay! Though, as much as I love Vocaloid, I'm not staying up until the late hours of the morning to view this. Hmm, but... We just received new info about songs and modules the other day concerning PDF2. Would they give out even more worthwhile info in such a short time? Though, it says TGS 2013 so I'm guessing it's going to be a report about the PDF2 demo and maybe more details about the mechanics and stuff.

3. BladeTH

BladeTH Advanced Player

Is there a website that will also stream this? Or at least record it? I can't watch the niconico stream, and I don't want to wait 7 days.

4. BaseNumbers

BaseNumbers Not初音ミク

Home Page:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/6114JN/
    It actually starts at a reasonable time for me :D (9:50 PM if I'm not mistaken)
    That said I feel guilty for reserving a timeshift.

EDIT: I wasn't aware of the ultimate thing that would get in my way: Premium Members.
    (Not that they're bad people XD)

5. Afiredone123

Afiredone123 私たちの惑星からの最後の愛の歌。

If you search on Youtube, you could find the livestream of PjdF2nd uploaded by EZtwoON. SEGA only changed the PV of Romeo & Cinderella and Colourful X Melody in Chance Time and in the end of the Chance time. SEGA didin't cut the part where Miku listed the type of punishment if you're not happy in This is The Happiness & Peace of Mind Committee PV.

The video is here if you guys want to see it:

6. Suyo

Suyo Master of Unfortunate SAFEs
    Legendary Supporter

Website Maintenance, amateur Game Coder
    Home Page:
    http://www.greencouchgames.net
    The livestream focused a lot on mirai 2 instead of F2nd, but there's still a bit where a new short trailer was shown showing footage of Chance Time - which seems unchanged. http://sp.live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv151750404

Also, another announcment was made: The demo, which was playable at TGS, will be on the Japanese PSN store from October 17 to October 23! It will contain Romeo and Cinderella, Colorful x Melody and Akatsuki Arrival on Easy and Normal difficulties.

EDIT: Commenting on the gameplay video above.
    I'm really glad that combining Challenge Items is confirmed! Okay, High Speed turns out to be a rather boring item, but you can combine it! With EVERYTHING! I just hope there's enough slots to use every item at the same time. Also the Link Scratch is confirmed to not be what that other guy guessed, which relieves me a lot.

7. infinity

infinity Little traveler

If you look at 12:54, in the up right corner, there is enough room for maybe two ot three more challenge items. What would be crazy is combining help and challenge items :)

8. Afiredone123

Yeah, at first I think the High-Speed Challenge Item speed up the whole song and the chart itself but it comes out to be only the chart which is rather boring enough for me.

9. BladeTH

BladeTH Advanced Player

How SEGA dare to cut This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Commitee!?
    Now I need to rip it from the video to create an EDIT play and i can't take the original. :(

10. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

Yay! I just watched it. It's cool that we can use two challenge items at the same time, though I won't be using that anytime soon. I already struggle enough against the dreaded SAFEs without them. I wouldn't really mind if they cut out the execution listing part, it's just that I always wonder how dark they're willing to go with these things. But Jesus Christ TITHAPOMC on Extreme seems BRUTAL. I like Romeo & Cinderella's chance time success, I wasn't paying attention to Colorful x Melody's one, but Akatsuki Arrival's one seems... boring. I hope they put Chance Time endings where it really is alternate, like in Time Machine.

11. Afiredone123

Well, maybe Miku will not disappear if it was a normal ending. That's just my opinion. Colourful X Melody alternate ending start with fireworks and then feathers and balloons flying all over place which seems rather boring for me. =)

12. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    I personally think that all these alternate endings are perfect for the song they're fit for. What more can you do in a song like ColorfulXMelody besides some fancy fireworks? It fits it perfectly.
    And as for Akatsuki Arrival, I think that it makes perfect sense for Miku to disappear (as that's what the song is kinda about).

I've used the word perfect a lot but everything's just so, perfect!

13. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

That's not what I meant (about Akatsuki Arrival). Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention yet AGAIN, but all I saw was Luka on a cliff(?) with the sound of the wind being audible. I thought the CT success is just the wind being audible and the light shining more brightly. If it has something to do with Miku disappearing then it's much better because that's quite relevant to the song itself. But even if it turns out to be a lame CT success, my reaction would just be "oh well" and I'd continue. I'm not one to be overly negative and never pleased, especially when it comes to Vocaloid. I'd rewatch the video to see what exactly happened in CT success but my wifi is not agreeing with me right now. But! I do agree with you about Colorful x Melody's CT success (though like I said I wasn't paying attention to it). Even if it's not a DRASTIC change it still fits well and is something I expect from a cute song like that.

Also, I love how enthusiastic you are about all this! Most other people who've been talking about PDF2 are being very negative about it, and that makes me sad because I'm already really excited for the game to come out.

14. BaseNumbers

BaseNumbers Not初音ミク

Home Page:
    Well I found the Link Star underwhelming. Looks like no fancy follow the star with your finger thing.

I have yet to see how they will handle the PVs for the rest of the songs (especially returning songs, since some of them would look inferior to PjDF's movies) It might just be hit or miss.

To keep the song under 4 minutes?
    I'm aware that question is meant to be rhetorical

15. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    There's a maximum for 3 challenge/help items at once. (Example: 2 C-Items & 1 H-Item)

The space in the corner is just to have enough space for a second title. It will be like:

[Challenge Item]
    [A]
    [Help Item]
    [C]

(Note that "A" "B" and "C" are replaced by the item symbols.)

I like the song how it is now. I don't really like the slow parts of the song anyway, so it's better for me that they cut off the second slow part instead of some of the fast ones.

16. Afiredone123

Well, I'm just re-Watching the Colourful X Melody alternate ending, I think I take back my words, as you can see, they are birds flying from the bottom of stage onto the sky, and it attracts me. Well, I guess you guys are right. The alternate endings for Colourful X Melody fits well in the PV. XD

17. BaseNumbers

BaseNumbers Not初音ミク

Home Page:
    Funny, I was rewatching Akatsuki Arrival and found it to be really confusing.

There was lots of standing at the beginning, then suddenly random action shots with Miku being separated from Luka only to cut back to the stage, then dancing, then Miku disappears and Luka goes on top of a mountain.

I really don't get how all of this fit with the lyrics.

18. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    To sum it up simply, Miku and Luka are rivals (friendly rivals, they don't hate eachother) and they're always competing, and throughout the song, Miku is fading away while they are attempting to reach the same goal. In the end, only Luka ends up successful. Miku, her best rival (and friend) is gone (hence why Luka is the only one at the top).

19. BaseNumbers

BaseNumbers Not初音ミク

Home Page:
    New trailer

Nothing new unless there was something in the text...
    EXCEPT OMG LUKA IN DA SPOTLIGHT
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think this is normal ending since after Chance Time you see Luka walk up some steps before Miku disappears.

@Dysnpia I felt like that they could've organized the theme/story/plot a little bit better, that's what I'm saying.

20. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

I guess we'll have to see what the difference in the Chance Times are when we play the demo. We as in everyone since I'm not going to play it, but it'd be nice if someone here who's going to play it could tell us.

And about the Akatsuki Arrival thing, it might just be a coincidence, but it's kind of similar to F's Edit Play of Akatsuki Arrival that someone made. It really looks like they took stuff from that Edit Play. I even kind of noticed that at the Magical Mirai concert with shake it!, some of their dance moves were taken from the ones you could choose while making an Edit Play in F, and those dance moves were in the F Edit Play of shake it!. Though like I said it could just be a coincidence.