1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Edit Mode: How do you upload to youtube?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by Sakechu, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Sakechu

Sakechu Welcome to DIVA!

Hello! I'm new here~ A lot of people's answers seemed to be answered accurately on here, so I signed up because I couldn't find the answers I was looking for on Google. I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, sorry in advance!

I'm fairly new to edit mode for Project Diva F. I just finished making a video, and was wondering how to upload to youtube to share with friends. Is there a way to transfer data from the PS3 onto a micro SD card, or a thumb drive or an external hd to hook up to the computer and then upload to youtube?

I was reading that there are game play capture kits for the PS3 that allows you to record your gameplay, but I'm not willing to shell out any cash. I also don't have any decent recording devices at my disposal, so getting edited data out of my PS3 appears to be the way to go (if it was possible).

2. hisokeee

hisokeee Intermediate Player

its all capture card

3. xtokashx

xtokashx Legendary Supporter
    Legendary Supporter

Home Page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xtokashx
    The PS3 saved data files for a Project DIVA edit only stores the command information for the editor/player in the game to display on-the-fly. There is no rendered out video file that's pre-generated in the PS3 that you can simply copy to a computer or flash drive.

Because the video is rendered on-the-fly, the only way to capture it as hisokeee pointed out is with a capture card or device of some kind. Fraps may be another way as it is software based, but it still would require you to have some kind of hardware input that would accept the PS3 video signal from its hdmi or component outputs.

If you're not willing to "shell out the cash" to obtain a capture device, then I don't know of any other way for you to post your edit on Youtube.

I take that back. There is another way. Find someone who has all the tools and is willing to help you, upload your edit file to the network or email it to them, and then they can capture your video and return a video format file back to you which you can then upload to Youtube.