1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

DivaF2 Region question and doubts PsVita

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by Rally the Cat, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Rally the Cat

Rally the Cat Welcome to DIVA!

Hi.
    Not really sure if this is the place to ask but i have searched around a few places and never got the straight answer i was looking for so i decide to try ask in here.
    Long story short, Last year finally got a PsVita to replace my stolen PSP so i manage to get a japanese PSN account to get Diva-f and some the lost psp ones... since im very short in cash, i've been waiting to Diva-x to be release to buy F2 hoping that the price will drop after that.. but after a little research i notice something i didn't expect... the japanese versions im trying to buy cost around 3 times more than the English one... i already read about the really annoying and complex process of change the vita account region but honestly ...i could buy f and F2 with the same money i could buy the japanese F2... man, i've been saving for this for a while lol

so my questions for the enlighten people around are:
    -Does the Vita version of the game have linked unlocks like the PSPs (import the saves of the previous game to get free stuff)
    -If so, is there a way to load them on the English version from the japanese saves?
    -Is there any downside of using the english version of F2? i know that the Popipo Dlc was released only for the japanese f
    -is diva-x confirmed to be released out of japan? (would really dumb to have 2 games on one account and one in the other lol)

Thank you very much if someone can give me a hand on this.
    bye

2. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    1.yes and no, If you have the English or Japanese version of F you may import the data into the English version of F 2nd. However for the Japanese data that can only be done via cross saving. "A third option in the title screen, "Import", allows importing a save data from the Japanese version and transfer that progress into the English version. (Requires uploading the JP save via Cross-Save." so if you don't have a PS3 with the Japanese data I believe this means you can't do it as cross save is only between PS3 and Vita.

2.There isn't any region locked DLC this time around.

3.I'm 100% sure X will come to the west it's just a matter of when.

3. Rally the Cat

So, let me get if im following... the only way to import the saves is import them from the japanese vita to an english ps3 and then sync it with a english vita?
    well, that really sucks, my brother do have a ps3 but not the diva F or F2...

4. dorothy3242

dorothy3242 Advanced Player

Cross-save works even if you only have a ps vita. I personally abuse it to more quickly transfer my F2nd save if I'm switching vita memory cards (I have one memory card dedicated to downloaded PSP games and another to Vita games and their DLC, but still get a massive need to play project diva when using either one ..soooo...)

In F2nd this is used to import JP->EN save data by doing the following:
    1.) enable cross-save in the JP version of your game
    2.) select which save slot you wish to cross-save enable.
    3.) it will then upload the save to the network
    3.) open the english version of the game, press the import option, and it will grab your JP save data and convert it to EN.

This only works for F2nd. You can go f JP -> f2nd JP -> f2nd EN for your linked unlocks, or f EN->f2nd EN but not f JP ->f2nd EN or f JP -> f EN ->f2nd EN
    This can not be done EN->JP.
    For it to work you must be using the same account for both versions of the game.
    The english version of F for the vita is also digital only.. making the headache of switching regions a requirement if you also want to continue playing the PSP games on the Vita ....
    There is no downside to playing F2nd in english, it has all of the same DLC and features available as the JP one.

hope that helps clear something up ^^

5. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    Thanks Dorothy for clearing up the import Data feature wasn't completely sure about that!

6. Rally the Cat

Thank you all for your replies
    Then as far as i can see there is no way to get the my save data without the Jp F2... so it seems i'll have to go with the english version and start from scratch because i will not going to pay 3 times the price of the game just to get Dp and some stuff
    the only thing that really bothers me is that i will have to do the reset, format thing every time i wanted to play diva-f
    I guess i could buy english diva-f later but... i assume would not be able to import the jp saves neither and since i have everything unlocked and around 150 hours of gameplay i really doubt i will like to start over LOL

btw, the linked unlocks are just regular things you can get playing like on the psp ones, right? its not like other games like final fantasy (i think) that gives you exclusive stuff if reads saves from previous game.

7. dorothy3242

dorothy3242 Advanced Player

No problem! ^^

Also yes, the linked unlocks you can still get by regularly playing the game. F2nd even lists how to get all of them in its song-specific and general unlock boards, making it easier to check if you missed one or not, and how to unlock it if you did miss it. The modules from F are also cheaper in DP in F2nd's store than the modules from F2nd, just like older vs. newer modules being priced at different DPs in the psp games.