1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Can someone explain some things about the Edit Mode to me?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cataku, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Cataku

Cataku Welcome to DIVA!

Okay, so I know how to edit the maps and videos and stuff.. But when you download someone's edit play, what do you do with that?
    I downloaded a few of them because I wanted to play some nice maps other people made (like you can in osu, if anyone plays that), but didn't have the mp3 for them and that wasn't included in the download, I tried to get it to play but nothing worked, what am I actually supposed to do? o_O
    Do I have to download the mp3s separately and sync them with the edit plays?

2. dorothy3242

dorothy3242 Advanced Player

Re: Can someone explain some things about the Edit Mode to m

Why hello there yes I play osu! as well as Project Diva edit songs. I'm addicted to both. Nice to meet you! ovo/
    Now, to try and answer your question... (somebody correct me if I'm wrong anywhere)

You download the MP3s separately, but many authors that post edits tell you the link in their description, whether it be on the online listing that f/F(2nd) games have, or wherever they posted their edit. Usually it's recommended to find an MP3 with the exact same timing, or yes you will have that issue of it being off time.
    Thankfully, on the majority of edits this is any copy of the song you can find to download. If you can't find the on time copy of the song then yes, you have to change the offset of the song in edit mode or change the music file with an audio editing program.
    On PDF2nd there is a piapro connectivity feature where if the song you're using is on piapro, you can use that and set it to download automatically (after the game asks permission that is) when players play the edit for the first time. These edits will have a little pink piapro button so you can tell them apart from the rest.
    When playing an edit song, it brings to a menu for choosing the audio you want to use after you select the edit you want to play. The first list is the songs that are included with the game, and the second is the songs that you have on your devices mp3 that you are using to play Project Diva.
    I hope this helps and if my answer causes more questions be sure to ask.

3. Cataku

Cataku Welcome to DIVA!

Thanks so much for explaining all that!
    I have Project Diva f (getting F 2nd when it's out in Europe in November, yay!) for Vita, trying the thingies out now to see if it works, I'll definitely post again if there's a problem, thanks! :D

Also yay an osu person :O (I fangirl slighlty upon meeting osu people outside of the game even though I'm not an obsessed player)
    I'll add you as a friend, hope you don't mind, we should mp sometime!
    (that's me: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/cataku )

4. dorothy3242

You're welcome! I'm glad it helped.
    There sure is a lot to see in project diva, especially edit mode. The F games being in English certainly make it a lot easier to make edits. Well, for me at least..
    Having played Project Diva since the first game, I never used it for more than 3 minutes before which is long enough to get desperately confused. So many menus. So.. many.. menus....

osu, the world where circles rule over all. I freak out a little bit when I encounter other osu players too! Even though there's so many, over 5 million. Osu everywhere!
    I don't mind at all that you've added me since I've gone ahead and added you back, and mp sounds like fun!

5. Cataku

Cataku Welcome to DIVA!

Awesome :o
    I'm not a mapper person, but trying others' sounds fun so I'll definitely try yours if you did anything for PD f :D

And yay!
    If you come by #osu on esper (that is, if you ever use irc. there's also a webchat client on esper.net ), I'd introduce you to some nice people, planning to have an mp this weekend since everyone is busy other times so hope you'd be around ^__^

6. Cataku

Cataku Welcome to DIVA!

Is there a way to change the offset of a song in the editor in PD f?
    The objects are late and I noticed in the editor that the first bar (It's a 4/4 time signature) is just grey and empty and the next one is green, it does feel like the objects come in about that much too late so how can I move the whole thing?
    (would only edit the mp3s as last resort x_x)

7. dorothy3242

You can change when in a song the edit starts yes!
    This can be done by going into edit mode, and when you're at the screen with all the timelines for various the various editing options and the little preview in the upper-right, go to the top timeline which is "Markers"
    Pressing X (or O on the Japanese version) will bring up a menu on the left, where there are three options.
    "Place Marker" - let's you place markers in various colors for whatever reason you wish. These markers are always displayed at the top of the timelines where the numbers are.
    "Set Track Start Time" - Let's you set where in the song an edit starts. For example if you have a song with 3 seconds of silence at the beginning, you could change it to +3.00 seconds. Or if the song starts immediately, make it negative so that the notes can be there from the start instead of waiting a bar.
    "Set Track End Time" - Sets when the track ends.
    Track Start Time is what you're looking for, by pressing left and right you can change how late or early in a song the edit starts. Since the notes are late, you'll want to move into the negatives. Getting the timing right in an edit if it is off can be difficult, so good luck!
    mp3 editing to get something on time in project diva is such a painful process. Did it once, never again. Editing then closing project diva to transfer the mp3 onto the vita then opening project diva, test to see if on time, if not, repeat. So many steps...

8. Cataku

Cataku Welcome to DIVA!

Thanks so much! :D
    I can finally properly play some maps now :3
    Yeah, mp3 editing would just make me drop it xP
    But this is great!
    Thanks again :3