1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Anything you don't like about F2 so far?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by Dyspnia, Apr 4, 2014.

1. 39_l0v3r

39_l0v3r Big Debut

YOUNGEST Hotel & Restaurant Worker in the industry
    Makati, Philippines (has JAPANESE BLOOD *^*) or Sh
    Oh, yeah~ I was more inclined into the game version~ I skip the introduction PV after I 1st watched it so...XD

And how do you get the quotes of others? OoO

2. christenlanger

christenlanger Intermediate Player

Upper right of their post. There is a Quote button.

3. 39_l0v3r

39_l0v3r Big Debut

Thanks for the tip! >3<

4. Dyspnia

Dyspnia Retired cDLC Creator

University Student
    You press the quote button on the top left of a post. Whoops, christenlanger beat me to it xD

I also recommend you make your signature smaller as it obstructs a lot of one page, you can resize it by going into your settings and using the "simg=" button.

Explain real quick how the video covers part of the Vocaloid? And what about the change in the bottom of the train, that's not an effect or lighting difference.

5. 39_l0v3r

39_l0v3r Big Debut

Okie, and Christen did race you, but you also provided much help! Thank you Dypsie! >3<

6. OkpOkpX2

OkpOkpX2 Intermediate Player

Home Page:
    http://okpokpx2.deviantart.com/
    Different rendering layers could be one option.
    Reflective/specular mapping, shaders, glow parameters and post production make wonders 'ya know?

7. Dyspnia

University Student
    Isn't this all suggesting that that part would have to be a 3D model on the stage then? They wouldn't need to do this if it was already rendered.

8. OkpOkpX2

Home Page:
    Not really. Adding a light/glow/reflective source onto a specific direction on a frontal layer can easily simulate that effect. The PSP PD games light "effects" are an example.

9. Dyspnia

University Student
    You're not making much sense, please explain it differently so it's easier to understand.

10. 39_l0v3r

39_l0v3r Big Debut

Do you 2 really have to debate over this matter? OAO

11. dorothy3242

dorothy3242 Advanced Player

Watching everyone+me pick Project Diva apart bit by bit is something I always find enlightening on things I never would have noticed/ cared about/ known what exactly was strange in what I was seeing.
    As you can see my natural calling is that of a lurker and that's what I did on this forum for almost a year before joining.
    I know I'm quite interested in learning all about how Decorator is according to claims almost entirely pre-rendered as I'd like to know how that works because I have no idea. How does the main character hold a star and look straight at it and not go blind

12. OkpOkpX2

Home Page:
    Let's call it a "light/reflection generator". You set it up to simulate a reflection of a certain object onto a certain direction without actually being there.

13. Dyspnia

University Student
    Exactly, even if it sparks a debate, in the end, it's all just learning and seems a small bit necessary for some subjects. I'm personally interested in knowing what's in the workings of the games and I know I don't know everything about the games, and neither does dorothy or Okp so combining our ideas and knowledge adds up to help everyone in the long run.
    So pretty much what your saying is that a flat video sequence has an added HDR image to it? (Or something similar)

14. OkpOkpX2

Home Page:
    Yeah pretty much something like that, you're not that far and sadly this is as close as we can get since we don't 100% know how SEGA works.

15. 39_l0v3r

39_l0v3r Big Debut

16. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

Was it? How about the original?

DUN DUN DUN (`・ω・´)

17. Morning Blue

Morning Blue Big Debut

No new standalone Rin songs. The series' 2nd biggest character in songlist representation got less new songs than MEIKO.

Karakuri Pierrot's charts in general. It's my least favorite song to play in F 2nd, and only ranks behind Saihate Extreme and Weekender Girl as one of my least favorite songs to play in the series as a whole period.

Disappointing revivals. Now I do like most of the ones they did chose, and I know opinions are opinions (like, who else but me likes Honto wa Wakatteru or Hato?), but I feel like a lot of cool songs didn't make the cut, like Rollin' Girl, Hello,Planet, Voice -Diva Mix-, moon, melody..., Just Be Friends, or even PoPiPo (not counting the super short edit made for F) and Kyodai Shoujo. Why cop out with a remix of a Kaito song as the last "new" song instead of an actually brand new song, like the dozens of Arcade/Project Mirai songs that have yet to be in a Project Diva PS3/Vita game yet? Do we really need World is Mine, Hatsune Miku no Gekishou, or Miracle Paint yet again?

A lot of the new songs feel really bland. I like many of the new songs (Glory 3usi9, Nisoku Hokou, Knife, Meteor, Suki, Kirai, Yubikiri, Blackjack, Hello, Worker, Kochira Koufuku Anshin
    Iinkai Desu., and 2D Dream Fever are neat/fun/cute), but the ones I don't care for (Envy Catwalk, Kagerou Days, Decorator, soundless voice, Kowase Kowase, and Akaktsuki Arrival) I really don't care for at all.

Star Link notes. Some are cute, but a lot of them are annoying and require memorization.

The new Diva room system. While it's easier to customize the place itself, the new clapping min game is annoying, and I don't like how they characters will just get randomly get angry if you make them do something. I once maxed out Rin's affection, made her do some calligraphy, and then she got pissed off at me and dropped me back down to the middle of level 4. Huh?

I still like Project Diva F 2nd and all, but I also bought Diva 2nd and Extend around the same time and found myself going back to those games a lot more often these days.

18. Nepgear

Nepgear Night ★ Fever

Home Page:
    http://azureunbalance.tumblr.com
    Hi.

19. dorothy3242

dorothy3242 Advanced Player

Hato was my favorite song in the first game besides Electric Angel.
    Love that song ;w;.

20. Dyspnia

University Student
    I just realized how tired I am of the walking on/off animations when selecting a different Vocaloid, I just want to pick my character and play the damn song. I'M TALKING TO YOU KAITO! DON'T WAVE, GET OFF, THEN SLOWLY WALK BACK ON! I WANT TO PLAY!

I also realized how hard it is to play ONE game of Yankee Doodle, I went to every single diva room, petted them and all they want to do is change the music. (Can everyone stop playing either Meteor or ColofulXMelody, it's all they choose). It'd also be nice if the music didn't start over every time you show an event because I never get to the first chorus in the rooms.