1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Question ALL.net for AFT PC

Discussion in 'Project DIVA Arcade & Arcade Future Tone' started by EthanGrey08, Oct 8, 2019.

1. EthanGrey08

EthanGrey08 Welcome to DIVA!

Hi, I’ve been wondering if anyone here knows a way to connect the arcade file dump to the internet, like at the regular arcade. I did give the program access to internet via firewall settings, and let it into the IP address on my Ethernet cord I have plugged in. I have not had any changes. I also have a NFC card reader that my works on my computer. Does anybody have a solution or something I can try? Thanks!

2. Doctopus

Doctopus Project Alpaca "BDFL"

#2 Doctopus, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    TLAC disables the network completely so it's no-go.

As far as I know about modern SEGA arcade systems, to connect to the network you would need to bypass the hardware license check, emulate some on-board hardware so the game don't complain and patch out several network and game server-related checks. These can either be direct patches against the game itself or lower-level hardware protocol emulation or both. You would probably want a more clean input emulation as well since TLAC just guarantees the gameplay. For card readers you would probably want to emulate them as well or get one from Japanese auction sites.

These would lead you to a local emulated server. As for ALL.net, one thing for sure is cybersecurity isn't something that SEGA is proud of. :P

TL;DR: forget it This is a great opportunity to jump into the reverse engineering rabbit hole :P

No I don't have local server running.

3. EthanGrey08

EthanGrey08 Welcome to DIVA!

Hey thanks! I was just asking about Internet general and not location, cause nobody would want their home showing up on the ALL.net games locater lol.

4. Doctopus

Doctopus Project Alpaca "BDFL"

Don't worry, store registration is offline and requires contracts. :P