1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

about some of the songs that comes with F2nd

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by stratoside, Nov 23, 2014.

1. stratoside

stratoside Advanced Player

Am I the only one that thinks some of the "songs" that came with the game doesn't sound like music at all?
    has no rhythm or melody or anything... just sounds like noise (like 5 songs, which isn't too bad i suppose)

I know this is just preference of opinion but for the first F series I didn't find any songs to be a "noise"

edit

the "songs" that sound like noise to me
    1.This is the Happiness and peace of mind committee <--- intro was good, then i was like wtf?
    2. 2D Dream Fever <- this has like no melody, it's random as hell
    the there are songs that i just find really unpleasant, like
    3. Envy Cat walk
    4.paradichlorobenzene

2. sugoi

sugoi Big Debut

Didn't really notice that personally. One of the songs felt kind of like a vocaloid rap song which might have thrown you off. Once you hear them a few times it I think you'll be able to hear the melody a bit more. Plus the songs with constant BPM changes might also be throwing you off a bit but I like them since it adds more of a challenge IMO.

3. stratoside

well eventually i will grow to like the songs but yeah... lol some of them just don't have the catchy melodies that I find attractive in music

I'm just waiting for the song dlc, bought the song club season pass ;d

4. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Well, remember that these are edit version of most of the songs, some intrumental parts are missing, the sound on PS3 is far below a regular stereo sound system, what are these 5 songs ?

5. stratoside

the happiness and peace of mind committee is like the only thing i can recall right now lol

also yeah i know they condense the songs into 3min 30sec ish
    like the meteor song, i think the original version is like 8mins lol

6. sugoi

sugoi Big Debut

ouch ._. 2 of the songs you mentioned as noise were my favorites -_- and peace of mind's intro is just building up the good part ;p i found out there was an english version of it.....and that one REALLY is noise though. paradichlorobenzene has rhythm imo, it is more vocal though, not instrumental. Different tastes for everyone i guess. honestly i can't really name a song i disliked though.

7. stratoside

yea this is just my opinion ;d
    i prefer songs with like really catchy melody, which is pretty much all the songs in F, including the DLC pack

8. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    I would like to argue that you can't call a song "not music", I understand what you're getting at but it's still music :P (Just perhaps in your opinion not good music!) I believe the problem is that those songs have an extremely limited amount of different melodies to it, just the same thing over and over (like Happiness & Peace of Mind Committee and Paradichlorobenzene) and 2D Dream Fever is very fast-paced and sounds more like rapping like sugoi mentioned.

Envy Cat Walk on the other hand I think might have TOO much music to it (if that's possible), there's a lot going on in the background and it's fast. These songs can be difficult to handle because of this but make no mistake, it's music and there are people who like it.

Sorry if I sound criticising and I suppose I might be, but I don't mean to sound angry x) I just think it's a bit wrong to call something "not music" just because it's not your type of music. I keep thinking of people criticising Vocaloid as a whole for being artificial voices and therefor not music. It's certainly different but that doesn't make it less music than anything else, as long as someone put a rythm, instruments and soul into their work.

9. stratoside

don't be sorry
    we are just sharing our opinions XD
    I was just wondering if anyone felt similar way about some of the songs

also I think of vocaloid as an instrument
    i think people who thinks that vocaloid is not a music treats vocaloid as a genre

10. Nepgear

Nepgear Night ★ Fever

Home Page:
    http://azureunbalance.tumblr.com
    I was like wtf, too.

wtf how can something so unearthly perfect exist and where has it been all my life

11. sp193

sp193 Intermediate Player

Honestly, I was disappointed with this game. Perhaps I was expecting more of the older songs to appear, but yes... I have to agree that nearly all (if not all?) of the new songs are really noisy and I didn't really like them.
    I thought that it was because many of the new songs were from new artists, compared to the earlier games.

Also because the game has become so difficult for me to play, that now I am horribly biased. >_>

12. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

First thing: If you want more older songs to appear, then you should really play the older games and not rely on the recent games because it's going to be boring as hell. Really. Therefor all the DLC so far are ALL from previous games which starts to pisses me off, since I want to see new songs (they seriously continues with their poll. if they are going to release all DLC off from the poll, I really am not going to be suprised anymore of any DLC contents).

2nd: You still have to think about what the majority in Japan thinks about the new songs that has been included. Otherwise those songs wouldn't have been in game. YT kinda is not a good advice to check the popularity but NND does (at least what I guess.).

3rd: I really can't count that many new artist in this game... Wasn't PDf having more new ones ...?

Then the last thing that bugs me is the difficulty. I honestly must admit, that PDF2nd is still way to easy compared to Extend. Especially old songs got seriously easy replaced with either star notes or simple and always the same pattern. And I still won't accept some note placement in Luka Luka Night Fever and Ura Omote Lovers where the beat doesn't feel right compared to extend. It just sounds wrong (or songs that started though but ended up easy, see SPiCa -39- or Paradichlorobenzene).
    But maybe the major problem that I am thinking of is that the difference between Console difficulty and Arcade difficulty is totally high. And I really wished since PDExtend that the difficulty would increase in the future but got disappointed every single time ...
    ---

Sorry btw that I am picking your post XD" For some reasons I needed to post on these opinions :<

13. sp193

sp193 Intermediate Player

I already have the first two games. I bought them, twice. Why? My UMDs have developed deep circular rings and all of my PSPs are too worn out to be repaired properly. I've spent quite a lot on repairing the 3 of them, and only one is working passably now... and it isn't my main one that has the PSN content.
    I could just settle for playing the PSP games on my PSVita, but I do appreciate better graphics too lol.

I don't know why, but it seems like you took me for someone who was hoping for the whole game to be filled with old songs. Nope, I wasn't expecting that.
    I was actually just hoping for more content that I could enjoy, which somehow ended up being more of the older songs because they fit my interests because the new ones didn't really appeal to me.

In the end, it was as you suggested... I ended up playing all of the old games that I had. :/
    Ah well, I still have PDA to play with. Not too bad, I suppose... except that the costs are high.

But what the majority thinks (which I never cared about) doesn't represent what I think, hence my comment.
    I was just never interested in super loud music.

I saw this thread as being about our opinions on the content of this new game, and not being about what it actually is.

I might be wrong here, but I thought that I saw more unfamiliar names in F 2nd. It's possible that I'm wrong because I didn't get to play much on my PSVita, ever since I started on my mandatory enlistment to the nation here. :/

Extend was the first game that I ever played, and in the end I was still able to do better in Extend that F 2nd.
    Usually, the star notes usually hurt my performance because I am somehow unable to get my timing and the pattern right. In PjD f, that wasn't really a problem because the worst that one could get was just FINE.
    Since they got rid of that, it led to me getting an infinite number of SAFEs, SADs and WORSTs. :(

Just so that we're clear, I'm not even talking about EXTREME here. I am now struggling on even HARD, and could originally barely pass on NORMAL.

Yea, like my other friends who simply treated me like a new player from 2012 to now, you could give me the standard advice of just practicing more. But then at some point, I decided that enough was enough, and that I shouldn't have to struggle so hard just to have fun.
    Basically to say, I did give up and became horribly biased.

14. stratoside

when i read your comment, i thought i wrote it LOL
    that is exactly how i felt

it feels like the artists they picked for F2nd has totally different style that previous F, original, 2nd and extend
    they added a lot of songs that sounds like a noise

but after playing more, i'm finding the songs i initially found unpleasant more pleasant