1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Mirai - reset save data

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai & Mirai 2' started by Tec, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Tec

Tec Welcome to DIVA!

Hi together. I spent many hours with Project Diva f & F and decided today to get Project Mirai for my 3DS to try something different.

I bought a used copy of Project Mirai in Japan but I can't figure out how to reset the save data of the previous owner. Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Most of the fun is progressing through the game an unlocking costumes...would suck to be stuck with sombody else's progress :(

I would really appreciate if somebody could help me

2. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Hello,

is your 3DS a Japanese one ?

3. Tec

Tec Welcome to DIVA!

Yeah, I use a japanese 3DS and a japanese Project Mirai game cardridge. Due to Nintendo's stupid region locks it wouldn't work otherwise ^^. I just can't figure out how to reset the game data ingame. I couldn't find anything in the option menu. Maybe there is a way to reset the data systemwise. I have no clue :(

4. Suyo

Suyo Master of Unfortunate SAFEs
    Legendary Supporter

Website Maintenance, amateur Game Coder
    Home Page:
    http://www.greencouchgames.net
    The data is saved on the cartridge itself, not the system - thus the 3DS can't delete it for you. And sadly, SEGA has a history of leaving out save delete functions on cartridge games to try to sell more new instead of used games.
    All I can suggest is trying some general methods (for example, hold L+R+Start+Select while starting the game). If that doesn't work, you're out of luck - unless you're willing to fiddle with hardware (opening the cartridge and replacing the battery, or getting a PC adapter and wiping the EEPROM).

5. Tec

Tec Welcome to DIVA!

Thanks for your answer. I tried to boot it while holding L+R+select+start, but that didn't do anythink. It would be really disappointing, if I am really stuck with the old progress. I mean other rythm games like "Taiko: Drum Master" also offer multiple saves....and the diva games for Vita and PS3 were also flexible when it comes to different save files. Damn it XD