1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Packaged, A Thousand Year Solo, And More announced

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd' started by Otase, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

2. Nepgear

Nepgear Night ★ Fever

Home Page:
    http://azureunbalance.tumblr.com
    Words alone cannot convey all my hype.

3. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

Upon immediately seeing the inclusion of "This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee", this immediately sold me on this game. I've recently taken a huge liking to utataP's work, and this will simply be a joy to play. The "Siren" module looks amazing! Also glad to see some of the old modules returning; whilst there's no Dancer Module (yet), I particularly liked White Dress. Colour me excited! :D

What does have me a rather annoyed/concerned, however, are the "W" Double Star Notes. As someone who purchased the full sized arcade controller, I am worried because there is only one input for Star Notes; the touch pad akin to the PS Vita, but the pad merely fakes input from a single stick.

[​IMG]

This move has effectively killed my several hundred dollar controller going forward; the Mini Controllers will still be fine since they have two sticks for Star Notes. Granted, a similar scenario has happened before with the transition from the old Dreamy Theatre Controllers to DIVA F, but I didn't expect them to kill the new Arcade controller off after just ONE entry. :(

The only Three consolations that may exist are:

1) if the PS3 / DIVA F 2nd can recognise that I have the Full sized Arcade Controller plugged in as a controller input, and will allow the use of two finger swipes akin to the PS Vita version, or…
    2) Swiping the touch pad several times whilst rapidly switching the L/R stick input slider at the top of the Arcade Controller Deck to "fake" a double input (actually, this makes me realise the first possibility is null and void, since the touch pad is merely faking inputs for one stick at a time).
    EDIT: 3) Does DIVA F PS3 allow note inputs from several connected controllers as valid inputs? If so, and providing F 2nd allows it, I can just use a DualShock Controller for parts "W" Star notes, and use my Arcade Controller as normal for everything else.

Maybe SEGA/HORI believe that only the most die-hard fans would buy the big controller, and would willingly fork out another $400+ to keep playing Arcade Style. Plus, since there were so few made, the change would only affect a small number of people. :/ I guess all will be revealed when HORI reveals the Controller Decks for DIVA F 2nd later down the line…

4. Henry

Henry 私は安全な嫌い.

Student
    The Farthest End(JK). No, it's Singapore.
    more new notes? I doubt those returning songs are easy like the old ones... ;(

5. Wreather

Wreather Advanced Player

If I recall correctly, yes PDF on the PS3 does allow note inputs from at least two controllers.

6. Otase

Otase Advanced Player

What are those new notes? dont tell me i have to work harder with my fingers?
    i hope they dont make gameplay worse with this new notes.

7. scarf

scarf Intermediate Player

I'm happy to see Thousand Year Solo returning. The Violet module is one of my favorites!

8. Henry

Henry 私は安全な嫌い.

Student
    There are 2 new notes: "Double" star notes and "Hold" star notes.

"Double" Star Notes: Similar to other "Double" Notes, it has "W" on it. In Vita, you have to flick using 2 fingers instead of one.
    "Hold" Star Notes: This one is..kinda complicated. There will be a line and a Star note will fly to the start of the line and you have to follow the line(?). Sorry.. I'm not good at explaining this one x.x

9. OveReAction

OveReAction Global Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That Link Scratch could be OSU-esque. But I'm not sure about the PS3 one...

10. Kaon

Kaon シュープリーム

Packaged is back in! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee okay I'm done squealing.
    What is this song exactly? Although I do not wish to be spoiled until I am ready to face the wrath of this song. ;P
    I also have a bad feeling that this is a sign. SEGA is unleashing their wrath upon us by using MORE TOUCH SCREEN INTERFACE!! I thought the swipe stars were enough, but... I guess some of us will have to endure... Or like it in the end. ;P

11. Henry

Henry 私は安全な嫌い.

Student
    @kaon

EDIT: This one should be the full version of the song. The version for PJD f 2nd might be different.

Luckily I could use 2 fingers to take on rapid star notes. Hopefully I can master the "Double" ones ._.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.