1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

News Project DIVA Arcade: Future Tone announced!

Discussion in 'Project DIVA Arcade & Arcade Future Tone' started by OveReAction, May 23, 2013.

1. OveReAction

OveReAction Global Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

[c][​IMG][/c]

I'm excited to announce you that the Project DIVA Arcade has a WHOLE NEW UPGRADE! It's named Project DIVA Arcade: FUTURE TONE. The upgrade has revised models of the 6 default Vocaloid characters from version B with more facial expressions, detailed geometric figures and dynamic hair physics. With this, they're now releasing PROJECT DIVA F SONGS TO THE ARCADE!

[c][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/c]
    [hr][/hr]
    [c]Introducing, TOUCH SLIDER
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/c]

It is based from the "Scratch" icon from Project Diva F. When you see a yellow icon, swipe the slide pad at the direction the arrow faces. It also has a string of arrows in a row, so you have to keep sliding during the string.

[c][​IMG][/c]
    [hr][/hr]
    [c]MODULE ACCESSORIES[/c]

Players can allow to personalize the characters with module accessories, just like the way you personalize in Project DIVA F.

[c][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/c]
    [hr][/hr]
    [c]2 PROJECT DIVA F SONGS ANNOUNCED
    Cat Food
    [​IMG]

Unhappy Refrain
    [​IMG]

[hr][/hr]
    THE CABINET DESIGN
    [​IMG]
    [hr][/hr]
    [/c]

2. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Woot woot! I hope I get to see a cabinet in person some day!

3. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Quite an impressive update indeed!

4. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

I am still not happy about this...
    I mean the update is really awesome, but why using Project DIVA f/F PV? Aren't they able to create a new PV like they did for World's End Dancehall?
    And seeing now all f/F PV in Arcade Style ... why PS3 must keep to 30FPS just because of 1080p with just clearer graphics (still horrible to play on newer TV's haha) ...
    Arcade really is going to get everything ;-;

5. Almeria

Almeria アイサレタイ
    Staff Member Moderator

Studying Media Science at Södertörn University
    After this announcement it does seem that the Arcade is going to have everything the PD-games have to offer all in one pack, no need for 4 different games (or 5/6 counting Mirai), I just wish this means it's doing well and will spread across the world, eventually making it to Europe!

Also I know the movement graphics still aren't perfect but I'm seriously impressed by Miku's fringe movement in the Pierreta module (it really moves like a fringe does!) and the explosion in Unhappy Refrain. Unfortunately the Agitation fringe seems to have a tad too much hairspray in it...
    Do you think the f-songs will still keep the technical zones and chance time style and will they be the only ones with this? With the new slide-thingy they might change the older songs to feature it too. Or just the future songs, who knows.

6. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

You really are fixated on that 30FPS aren't you Magical39? Is it really truly that bothersome to you?
    - - - -

On a high note of optimism, if the Arcade does get an international distribution, then we'll all be able to enjoy these updates ^_^
    So here's to hoping right?

7. hectorjp87

hectorjp87 Intermediate Player

Am I the only one asking himself WHY THE HECK THEY RELEASED F? Isnt this better for ps3? I feel that F was a rip off since i already played in vita... and all i asked to ps3 is better graphics.. and F was a SLIGHTLY change. I just cant believe they did this... Or they released as Dreamy theater F... but then why ps3 F... I JUST DONT GET IT. I cant help myself. Im sorry... im really mad at SEGA right now...

8. Daverost

Daverost Pro Player

I've never played Arcade, nor do I ever see it happening, but this has me really excited. It looks much better and I'm glad they're switching over to f/F PVs.

Honestly, I hope they use this opportunity to change World's End Dancehall over to the f/F PV. It's much better. All of the f/F PVs are. I really look forward to seeing what they can do with the arcade version PVs now since it gets a lot of songs we never see on consoles.

9. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

The 30FPS is pretty significant when switching games. Every once in a while I switch between Dreamy Theater Extend/2nd and PD F simply to play some different songs and I almost always screw up the first couple songs I play of the game I switch to because of the frames. However, like with everything, I get used to it. Personally, I LOVE seeing it in full 1080P, so I feel the frame drop is worth it. Such a gorgeous game with a large television.

10. Darksidehearts

Staff Member

Huh, you have a point there but personally I've never seen a huge difference on my end. One thing I do need to note is that I'm using an older television, I don't know if that makes a difference or not but seeing as most of the complaints are based on playing this game on newer TV's I think it's worth noting.We've had this TV for about 15+ years at this point, it's a 25 inch standard definition Hitachi television.

11. chaoelite

chaoelite I'll make you do the MikuMiku!

Sega hurry and release Dreamy Theater F and take more of my money xD I am so jelly of you arcade folk :(

12. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

That's very possible. I remember hearing a conversation about Punch-Out for the Wii when it came out, such that people starting hooking their Wiis up to old CRT televisions because the response time was quicker and it made the game much easier than on an LCD/Plasma. Could be somewhat related (although I wonder if it has more to do with refresh rate in the case of Project Diva).

On another note, the lighting and eyes in Arcade look absolutely stunning. I really hope they make a PS4 Project Diva with this graphical quality. It would totally justify a PS4 purchase for me (at the moment I can't see much else doing so).

13. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Wooooooooo !!!

It was time for Project Diva arcade to reach a new level !!

the "Touch Slider" is something completly inspired by MaiMai, if Sega would have just made a "scratch note pad" like on PSVita or the arcade/premium pad for Project Diva F it would not been so large :

Sega is using "less than" and "greater than" signs.

and you've got the hold note and the touch slider note simultaneously, it's a new gameplay.

About the design of the cabinet, why is it not Tripshots once again ? the previous designs were great, i have nothing against Sta. but Tripshots designs where awesome too...

NEED to go to Japan, just to play this game.

Not before one or two years, since the "half success" of Project diva f on PSVita, Sega didn't sell so much games because of the few PSVita sold in Japan, i don't think they will do this game sooner on PS4, expect before a new Project Diva on PSVita and then a new game on PS4.

14. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

When I first heard of this announcement, two parts of me reacted in completely different ways. One part of me jumped up and down with excitement at the prospect of a DIVA Arcade update, hopefully with all new content going forward. The second part of me, however, died with disappointment after realising I won't be able to get near the thing... at least until the end of the year. Mwahahahahaha >:3

Maybe I'm being a little too optimistic about this, but here's hoping this will at least mean some DIVA F DLC Support going forward, similar to how DIVA 2nd got some PDA songs as DLC. Even more wishful thinking; perhaps SEGA would be more keen to release Future Tone to a Western market than the original PDA?

I concur that the FPS difference is really noticeable when switching between the Dreamy Theatre instalments and DIVA F. If I jump straight into DIVA F on a fresh day, however, it doesn't really effect my judgement all that much, if at all, so I just make sure to play DIVA F first if I'm going for a solid session.

15. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

16. BaseNumbers

BaseNumbers Not初音ミク

Home Page:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/6114JN/
    Those other songs, are they just placeholders or will they all be in Future Tone?
    [​IMG]

17. infinity

infinity Little traveler

18. BaseNumbers

BaseNumbers Not初音ミク

Home Page:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/6114JN/
    I know at least that, I was wondering if those songs would be ones to return to Future Tone.

19. Potatofriez

Potatofriez The Odds & Ends keeps a smiling face.

Student
    If you look closely at the difficulties for Fire Flower... Half-stars are making an appearance in Future Tone. FF has 4.5 on Normal and 7.5 on Extreme.

20. infinity

infinity Little traveler

During the Magical Mirai concert/event, some lucky guys were able to play the new Graal :)

The screen seems larger than the other Project Diva Arcade...

Attached Files: