1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

HORI Controller for PDF

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by OveReAction, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Massaca

Massaca Big Debut

EMS so I'd expect 3-5 days as usual. Dunno if the size and weight would make it take a bit longer than normal though.

You'd think they would have refunded you by now if they couldn't meet their demand as I'm pretty sure they'd know having to order a set amount from Hori. But I don't really trust Play-Asia that much. Still, I hope it goes through fine and you get it.

*high-five's*
    I don't have the actual artbook but I do really like his art that I've seen and I would like to own it. Maybe one day. I really love that pic in particular, partly cause that's how I look at work half the time, haha (except the other gender).
    So then, are you also from Australia?

2. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

Can't imagine why it would take longer just because of the box size, not even due to customs or Australia Post.

It's funny hearing so many people with such a negative reputation towards Play-Asia... although after using them for years with no issues (bar their slightly higher price tags), I guess my perspective is positively biased. Not at all trying to invalidate your perspective; just different to hear after all this time. Still... they say preorders should be confirmed, and I haven't heard anything negative regarding the order from them for weeks now, so I guess I'm worrying about nothing (again).

If worse comes to worst, I can always grab myself one of the Mini Controllers, which seems to be no issue right now. Not as good as that delicious deck with glowing lights and proper arcade buttons, but hey...

EDIT: Oh, I see Infinity's earlier reply might explain why Play-Asia have a bad rep with some people.

Even if that's the case, I'm willing to pay more. ;_;

That's an interesting way of associating yourself with it... and yes, I would be from that place. :P

3. Massaca

Massaca Big Debut

You're probably right, just like to keep my expectations low >_>
    Edit: Actually, to expand on the above post a little, I guess I'd expect to actually have it by next week Thursday or Friday assuming it reaches MBTToys on Friday this week.

Ah,just read that, yeah I had a similar issue. Ordered the PjDf accessory kit from them in early December when it was at $70 (with Mushihimesama Futari and a 5,000 yen PSN card), a week later it was up to about $120, still waiting. Another week and a half-ish later and they send me a message saying it's unavailable and they have to issue me a refund. I questioned it saying such and they said the site hadn't been updated yet. It was still up a couple days later. And is still up now :/ Got it from NCSX for $100 shipped.
    Granted it's possible that it might have been ordered in the time they were getting my MushiFutari game in stock but I would have expected them to reserve it so I dunno.
    I still use them though, and certainly would again but when possible I always go with AmiAmi first and then probably CDJapan. Probably would have gone with them for this controller, especially since that would have been my only option at the time but it was sold out and I don't know if I'd have bought it back then anyway *shrug*
    Just don't use them that much since I don't buy that much Japan only stuff but eh.

4. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

I am wondering: how does pre-order works in amiami?
    Cuz I hear already that ppl can purchase in amiami now. Mine is still at "Not-in-stock".
    Did I do a mistake? ;;

5. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Contact them asap, but the release date is still march 7, so maybe they don't have the controllers in stock yet ?

6. Massaca

Massaca Big Debut

Nah, you should be right. It's likely that your order will be go through very soon as the game is now actually in stock and available to purchase there now. Should definitely go through some time today at least. Unless the controller had a slight delay or hasn't got to them yet which will hold the order back until they have it.
    I have the Game + both bonuses and the mini controller ordered with them too and am awaiting that email now.
    Besides, it's only 6:45 in Japan right now, 0:30 when you posted, day has only just begun ;)

7. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

Haha, good to hear. First time pre-ordering in amiami... I have no clue how it works haha XD
    So satisfied to get controller~

8. Massaca

Massaca Big Debut

Hmm, seems it is the controller as some people on GFAQs have had theirs go through but one guy who also ordered the controller hasn't yet. Guess they do work early, heh. Still wouldn't worry about it though, apparently Hori were shipping out the controllers today as well so maybe online stores didn't get the stock in advance and would have it shipped to them today. No idea how it works but that's what I'm gunna assume for now *shrug*

9. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

Not that it necessarily means anything at this point, but it appears that Play-Asia's listing for the full sized Arcade Controller has changed back to pre-order status. I DID notice, however, that the price for the controller is a little bit higher than what I originally ordered it for a few weeks back; not a huge jump in price, and I'm still willing to pay it regardless. At the very least, it's quelled any and all concerns I have in actually getting one until it ships; just a matter of playing the waiting game.

10. infinity

infinity Little traveler

I've got an e-mail from Mio, they will have my controller tomorrow :)

edit : some pics from an auction :
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Massaca

Massaca Big Debut

Oh man, this one has the changeable buttons too? Awesome. So hyped for this ^_^
    Nice to finally have a visual comparison to the controller too. My sense of scale just wasn't working.

Saw this about 12 hours ago, been checking my emails all day and still nothing. Starting to worry a bit.

12. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!
    9 minutes ago, an e-mail from Mio, they got my controller !! :)

Yes !

edit : Take a look at the catalog number : HP3-939 !

[​IMG]

13. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Congrats Infinity!

14. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

Some delicious pictures right there, infinity! One has to question why they went with an unbelievably plain box for the proper Arcade controller though. Just take a look at the Mini Controller box to see what I mean.

[​IMG]

Plus that has to be a crazy coincidence for your order. 3939 on the box... on the 9th of March... on Miku Day. Nice. :P

15. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Thanks Toadsili_T, well if you look at the box of the previous arcade controller, it's the same thing as the new one :
    [​IMG]

a simple box, but you're right, they could have made something a bit nice. The small controller will be sold in stores, so it must look pretty, the big one was only for pre-orders, from the factory to the customers.

16. Massaca

Massaca Big Debut

Just paid the other half of mine off now. 17,400 yen for EMS, a bit more than I was expecting :/ Might have to ask them why the shipping cost was so high since it should have been around 12,000 according to the JapanPost.com EMS shipping calculator for an 8kg package. 14,000 for a 9.5 KG and I don't think it should be that heavy. Unless the box size is making it more expensive.

But at least the exchange rate was really good.

Edit: scratch that, I only just read the attached pdf quote breakdown >_> Had forgotten about their 5% and the paypal fee.

17. blackkat

blackkat Welcome to DIVA!

18. Ongaku_no_tenshi

Ongaku_no_tenshi Big Debut

I've had the mini controller since it was released and I received my HP3-939 controller this week. Having a lot of fun using both of them. Many thanks to you, HORI.

19. infinity

infinity Little traveler

Both ? I think it's the first time someone got the small and the big one, tell us is there one better than the other or each of them have their advantages and disadvantages ?

I'm really curious...

thanks

20. Julian

Julian wowaka fan

I think there are more than 12. I saw a few people selling them on ebay.com. But price is significantly higher than the black one. Could just go over in marker if I really felt like it.