1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Project DIVA F: Recording Gameplays!

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA ƒ & Project DIVA F' started by Magical39, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

I am still practicing but I still have no solution ...

How can I do arrows well on the mini controller? Everytime when I start seeing Arrows, I mash like an idiot, lol ...

You can see it here:

And if a Circle Arrow appears (e.g. Up, right, down, left), I always do a mistake...
    Can't perfect yet all Extremes with mini-controller XDDD

Ya ... maybe you also post some gameplays here? :)

2. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

As always, a phenomenal effort from you, Magical39! No matter how much I practice, there's just no way I can even come close to your skill. Doesn't stop me from trying though; indeed, you posting this inspired me to have a crack at recording some footage myself. Sadly, I'm afraid I can't offer any advice to your arrow input problem, but I have no doubts you'll prevail in the end. :)

Here's my best attempt thus far on "Online Game Addicts Sprechchor"; controller included, of course. :3

Perhaps I'll make some more later down the track, if people are interested. I'm also totally open for feedback on recording / editing tips, so please feel free to offer your suggestions.

3. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Wait a minute...is that Imperialdramon Paladin Form from the first Zero Two movie after he receives that sword of light?

4. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

That's correct~ I am glad I still have it~~~ (I mean when IPdramon PM was released as toy, it's been ... 10 years? o_o)

BTT:
    My next video will be prob. Sadistic Music Factory :) Still trying to use it with mini-controller XDDD Got a Perfect so far but no good fine rate :(

*needs huge improvement*

5. christenlanger

christenlanger Intermediate Player

Hou, do you also play like that in the Vita (most presses by your right thumb only, rare left thumb presses)? I've pretty much played by alternating right and left even on slow notes.

6. Darksidehearts

Darksidehearts A calm state of mind is proof of skill and mastery
    Staff Member

Assistant Psychology Prof. at USF
    Ah Zero Two, I still love that series and go back to it every now and again. Although the ending was a little meh but other than that there were a lot of great moments, Jogress evolution and such. I still haven't seen the original version of the second Zero Two movie, only the American Dub which was terrible. I'm waiting for some group to sub a higher quality of it.

Well anyway, I am very glad to see that there is support for 1080i for this game because that will look a whole lot better when I record it. I've been limited to 480i with Dreamy Theater 2nd. I can make it look good when I scale it but in general it's always easier to deal with a better source. Plus Youtube does enough degrading of uploaded videos...

The one thing I find with that controller is that it's a bit sensitive, the slightest touch tends to trigger the button even if it's not intended. I get a lot of random SAFE's when playing. I've managed to get used to it quite a bit though so with more time I suspect it won't be a problem. Did you have that issue when you first started to use it?

7. Julian

Julian wowaka fan

I'm tempted to getting this thing. It's not that highly priced.. Can you do Rin Chin now and gekishou extremes?

do et

8. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

Shy Target, ftw!

9. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

Commented on the video itself, but it can't be said enough; stellar performance as always, Magical39. :) I've yet to attempt Senbonzakura on EXTREME yet; I'm starting to get some solid Perfects on HARD for many songs now, yet their EXTREME version seems to utterly destroy me; but it's certainly one of my favourite songs in DIVA F, so I appreciate such a good run for a good song. <3

It's only a matter of time before we see a Perfect Sadistic.Music Factory EXTREME with Shy Target Challenge enabled... yes? :P

Magical will no doubt put any effort of mine to shame, but I went ahead and did a Gekishou recording in DT2nd anyway. Enjoy. :)

10. Julian

Julian wowaka fan

That was awesome. I can't believe you did the quads with one hand without getting fines. I doubt that's possible with a sixaxis. Makes me wonder why I spend all those hours doing DT2nd/ext gekishou extreme perfect normally.

Can you really take out the buttons and rearrange them around? With mini/large? I think I would prefer the typical layout.

Also, how do you find the star notes?

Last two questions sort of directed at both of you guys.

11. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

For the large controller, you have a choice of either keeping the buttons in the original PS Sixaxis controller arrangement, or you can move them into an PD Arcade-style arrangement. A little switch in the corner of the controller swaps the hardwired configuration of the buttons between the two options, and the domes come on and off with some twisting. Not sure if the Mini-Controller has this ability...

Personally, I use the PD Arcade configuration due to my experience with the actual arcade machine (which I fell in love with), and wanting to recreate that experience back at home. Admittedly, it probably makes some songs harder (Notably Rin-chan Now! and Sadistic.Music Factory EXTREMEs), but I honestly don't care. :P

The star notes on the large controller's touch pad is, I find, a little hit and miss. Most of the time, it's very responsive and much more enjoyable than using a stick (IMHO), but when rapid star-note inputs are required on the Extreme difficulties, using two fingers to pull it off seems to result in "over-inputting". This pretty much relegates a chain of rapid star notes to "All-FINE", with you praying that it happens to register as an unbroken combo... but maybe I still haven't found the right "trick" to using the pad yet. I should try smaller strokes; it seems to work better than larger strokes.

12. Julian

Julian wowaka fan

I ended up buying the mini controller. After shipping and duty charges, it was probably going to be close to 7 for the large. But that wasn't even my main concern. My main concern is if it would even work on the next project diva game, which would likely release after PS4 comes out, and might be PS4/Vita exclusive. That would suck if the controller couldn't work with PS4. So, I'll probably buy the large one next time. Even though it looks soooo much fun :/

13. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

@Toadsili_T
    oh god I got interested doing gekishou XD

btw minicontroller can't change buttons

14. Toadsili_T

Toadsili_T Newbie Player

Bumping this with a new effort of mine. I recall someone here mentioning that the Chance Time segment in Secret Police EXTREME was outright absurd, so here's me having a stab at it. :3

That segment where you alternate between standard and arrow notes could be easily overcome by exploitng the arrow input trick... but I want those bonus points too much. ;_;

Next up will involve me attempting to defeat Rin-chan now! EXTREME. I don't think my arms are prepared for it.

15. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

The hardest challange always is trying to beat own edits ... XD

16. Japes

Japes Advanced Player

Wait, those videos are YOU Magical39? I ended up watching a number of your videos on Youtube last week when I was researching the mini-controller. I had no idea it was you, lol.

17. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

Ya its me with my girly fingers XDDD

18. cyberkevin

cyberkevin Intermediate Player

Yeah ! Finally registred on the forum xD
    I'm from other community of french fans of Project Diva.

So..; Gameplay of Project Diva ?
    I do some with my personal HomeMade Controller.

All is on my Youtube Playlist :
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyyhvEdoThMAc4UFdNNXY8UX5Hln7yzRH

But I do some Live on Twitch too :D
    And Today, I do one (at almost 18:00 GMT+1)
    I have to finish my two last Perfect on Extend, so I can do it on live.

It's a direct stream of the game with a Elgato Game Capture HD, and a camera for my Controller.
    Like on this video :

For the live, I don't know how to set a good quality without lag, so I do some try now to see, so you can directly come on my Twitch, maybe I will do something... :o
    http://www.twitch.tv/cyberkevin

19. infinity

infinity Little traveler

[​IMG]
    video unavailable :/

20. cyberkevin

cyberkevin Intermediate Player

Greeeaaaaatt.... Ok :/

So... it's a lot like this old video of me:
    But with a direct stream of the game, and not a camera for the game ^^
    (On this video, it's my controller in a not finished version, now, this is my controller :
    [​IMG]

EDIT : The live works great, so, maybe I can start a live tomorrow or this night (In France, it's now 20:20, maybe at 23:00 more or less...)
    http://www.twitch.tv/cyberkevin