1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

(QUESTION) Exporting IGB from 3DS MAX

Discussion in 'Custom DLC' started by R4ph !!, Nov 12, 2021.

1. R4ph !!

R4ph !! Big Debut

#1 R4ph !!, Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    Hi, so I was trying to export models to Project Diva Extend using 3ds Max 2010, and I got a weird result.

For whatever reason, this shows up in Alchemy when I exported it.[​IMG]

Usually, its supposed to look like this:
    [​IMG]

Please, do help! I don't know much about exporting models to PD, I'm just trying to figure it out myself because i cant seem to find any tutorials on this topic.

2. Wyrdgirn

Wyrdgirn I'm a faithful lover of Megurine Luka!! :-3

Improving my emulated emotions
    Home Page:
    https://github.com/Wyrdgirn
    You need to apply the corresponding optimizers... look, use this optimization file, I have personally created it and it is the one I currently use in my PD PSP series head and body modding projects ;D

https://www.mediafire.com/file/nrwz62a1348865s/PDOptimSet.ini/file

Before exporting, look in the exporter options and in Export Object Types check only "Geometries" and "Skinned geometries" and uncheck the others, then in Default Animation uncheck the "Animation" box, in Default Object Properties uncheck "Normals" and "Collidable" and set Face culling to "Disable", finally in Miscellaneous mark "Merge skins" and export the igb, open the exported igb with the Alchemy and pass the optimization file and save...

Ya, that's all you have to do :)

Cheers! =D

R4ph !! likes this.
  3. R4ph !!

R4ph !! Big Debut

#3 R4ph !!, Nov 14, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    Thank you for the explanation, but i have a new problem abfkskcks

I used the optimizer in alchemy if that is where i should use the optimizer, but shes just headless when i tried loading it in the game. I think it might be the exporter, but I cant seem to find the other options in the exporter in Blender. Please help!

4. Wyrdgirn

Home Page:
    #4 Wyrdgirn, Nov 15, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    for the head...

1) Skine the hair (and only the hair...)
    2) Export...
    3) In the Alchemy Finalizer use the file I gave you to optimize it
    4) Use a child of type igModelViewMatrixBoneSelect, configure it with the ID of the bone "1" and put all the other geometries there
    5) Put the igModelViewMatrixBoneSelect inside the Skin branch...
    6) Save and test...

I will try to do a tutorial on it where I will explain everything in detail but first I must correct some errors that I have found during my tests...

I hope this can help you a little at least until I upload the tutorials for custom bodies and heads :)

Cheers! =D

Edit: Oh, and to create dlc's for Project DIVA you only need 3DS Max 2010 or Maya 2010, you can only use blender to create or edit the geometry, but to export it can only be done from 3DS Max 2010 or Maya 2010 ;D

5. R4ph !!

R4ph !! Big Debut

#5 R4ph !!, Nov 15, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    ohh i see! thank you so much! I'll see if i can get it working now :D

EDIT: late update but its still not really working, but I'll just keep trying and if it still wont work, I'll just wait for the tutorial :D

Wyrdgirn likes this.
  6. R4ph !!

R4ph !! Big Debut

Hello! Sorry if im disturbing you in anyway but, for whatever reason this exported instead of the old result ehe
    [​IMG]
    I think I might have done something wrong. I don't know if its the setting or not.

7. Wyrdgirn

Home Page:
    Are you exporting a Module or a Stage?

From what I saw in your image, if it is a Module, you have not exported correctly or you have not created the model correctly, you have probably left the first options of the 3DS Max exporter checked, remember that in that block only the "Geometries" options should be checked and "Skinned geometries", the others must be unchecked...

8. Wyrdgirn

Home Page:
    See this again...

9. R4ph !!

R4ph !! Big Debut

#9 R4ph !!, Nov 22, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    oh alright, thank you!! and yes, it is a module :D

EDIT: So, I checked the exporter and its showing different options for whatever reason (not sure if im supposed to export the fbx or igb because it doesnt show up any options for that one)
    [​IMG]
    It doesnt really show much of the options that were explained in your first post. Is it outdated or something? If so is there a way to update it??? Or am I choosing the wrong exporter xP

EDIT: small question, can you still export igb files using 3ds max 2009/2008??

10. Wyrdgirn

Home Page:
    Ops, wrong exporter :P

You must go to the >Utilities panel, select >MaxScript, choose >Alchemy Scripts from the collapsible list and the exporter options will be displayed...

[​IMG]

To make it easier for you, press the >Floating Rollouts button, this will detach the exporter options panel...

[​IMG]

Oh and yes, there are exporters for the Max 2008/9, although I have only tried it in the Max 7 (yes, I said Max 7, NOT Max 2007) and the Max 2010

Regards ;D

11. R4ph !!

R4ph !! Big Debut

#11 R4ph !!, Dec 14, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    oh my god thank you!! ive waited so long and it was soo worth it! thank you for taking your time to actually reply, i really do appreciate it.

EDIT: oh and btw, do you have a link to the Max 7 download? I tried looking for it but i cant find it.

Wyrdgirn likes this.
  12. Wyrdgirn

Home Page:
    If you are going to edit models, I recommend using the 3DS Max 2009/2010, the 3DS Max 7 is too old and it is difficult to import models since it only supports old and discontinued versions of the common formats, that's why I don't use it that often... of course If you are going to create a model from scratch, it would be useful, but for the rest, use the Max 2009/2010 ;D

Edit: ...but if you still want it, let me know and I'll give you the Link... ;)

13. R4ph !!

R4ph !! Big Debut

#13 R4ph !!, Dec 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    oh i see! if thats the case can you provide a link to 2009 instead?? since all my finds are just torrent files and i dont really trust utorrent that much and i found one on mega but when i start it up it just gives me an error. again thank you so much for helping me out with modding TT

EDIT: i got a download of 3ds max already, again tysm for the help ^^

14. R4ph !!

R4ph !! Big Debut

#14 R4ph !!, Mar 28, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    woah its been long since ive used this thread 0_0
    that aside, i have two questions:
    1. how many polygons do i have to set the model to? (its okay if you dont have a straight answer for this)
    2. what do i have to name the bones for physics?

EDIT: another question, how low or high do i have to scale the model to fit the module? and how do i add the textures?
    Edit 2: Okay so i was able to export everything correctly, but miku again was well, headless. i dont get whats wrong with it. I tried editing the EDAT file to replace textures but still the same.

15. Wyrdgirn

Home Page:
    0) Hello! How long! :P
    1) the maximum recommended by igb for the modules is up to 1500 vertices and 3 textures, in total head plus body is 3000 vertices and 6 textures
    2) no, you don't need to rename the dummies to have hair physics, you just need to skin them
    3) You need to center the "head_o" dummy in the coordinates X=0 Y=0 Z=0 since otherwise you will only have a wireless head XD the problem with centering it is that the morph gives problems also you have to center the dummy and the geometries first before skinning the hair >:O

I don't know if I could help you but I hope you can solve it if you haven't managed to do it yet ;)

Cheers! =D

16. R4ph !!

R4ph !! Big Debut

#16 R4ph !!, Apr 5, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    ah icic!! i think i have already done most of the things right, all i kinda need to now is just how i can make textures work,, tried quantifying the textures in blender and apply it later on but it wasnt successful, sadly.

Edit: OH MY GOD I GOT IT WORKING!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP T_T
    one issue is that shes faceless tho :'( if you have a ripped model of the head/face itself pls do send one!!
    Edit 2: i forgot to mention that the textures are incorrect, dont know why thats the case.

17. Wyrdgirn

Home Page:
    I can't help you with the textures if you don't upload at least one screenshot :P

18. R4ph !!

R4ph !! Big Debut

#18 R4ph !!, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    ah, im sorry about that,,, heres one.
    as you can see the size of the head is really big so idk which one is a good fit. shes also headless which is a problem so thats why i asked for a head base of some sorts :P. it also tends to crash alot (dont know why this is the case, i already decimated the MMD model in blender and used the optimizer file). physics also dont work when i already skinned the model, i even tried to use the same bones from miku's head igb.
    [​IMG]

19. R4ph !!

R4ph !! Big Debut

its been about nearly a year and this site is dead HOWEVER, how do we import the PSP models?