1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

(QUESTION) Custom module's head being slightly above neck

Discussion in 'Custom DLC' started by Hatsune Miku, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Hatsune Miku

Hatsune Miku LuminousBiz

[​IMG]
    This happens whenever I merge one of miku's head with meiko's probably because meiko's neck is smaller than miku's. Is there anything i can do to fix this or do I have to live with it XD

Wyrdgirn likes this.
  2. Mariiwoopychan

Mariiwoopychan 16bit warz in my head rn,capanella makes me cry

Artist
    Home Page:
    https://twitter.com/Mari7uwu?t=wgufLepgIR8nPJqblFWjGg&s=09
    For me when I happens,I just live with it :p it could also be head size,since meiko and kaito tend to be more bigger in size and head comparisons to sakine and Rin

For me that is ^^

Wyrdgirn and Hatsune Miku like this.
  3. Hatsune Miku

Hatsune Miku LuminousBiz

Alright then XD and yeah actually it does seem like Miku's head is smaller here so that may be it too

Wyrdgirn and Mariiwoopychan like this.
  4. Wyrdgirn

Wyrdgirn I'm a faithful lover of Megurine Luka!! :-3

Improving my emulated emotions
    Home Page:
    https://github.com/Wyrdgirn
    Have you already corrected it?

It is similar to an error in which I got a Luka Marshmello with a wireless head O.O

The problem is that if the bone head_o is not in the world coordinates X=0 Y=0 Z=0 the mesh will appear misaligned from the body, in that case you have to move the head to the coordinate X=0 Y=0 Z=0, no matter the axis up you use

If the head_o bone is in that coordinate, touch one of the shapes and put it in vertex mode, mark all the vertices with ctrl+a and move them a little down, do the same with the others, it would be easier if you click Right on the move mode icon to bring up a little window where you can enter the coordinates manually, use it to move the shapes a fixed distance down to avoid misalignment...

The important thing is not to move the shapes directly, they are automatically aligned to the bones, while when moving their vertices their alignment with respect to the bone assigned to them changes...

Oh, and the game uses the Y+ axis as the up axis if I remember correctly, if you want to move the entire head without having to move shape by shape, move the head_o bone a little towards the Y- axis (that is, down in the coordinates of the game...)

hehe, I don't know if this will help since I suppose you have managed to correct it but I will leave it anyway in case it is useful to someone

Cheers! =D

Mariiwoopychan and Hatsune Miku like this.
  5. Hatsune Miku

Hatsune Miku LuminousBiz

#5 Hatsune Miku, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Welp in the end I had to do it manually by third party either ways XD Thank you some much for taking your time to write that! Dont know if i did it right though

Converted the head into fbx, adjusted the position of the head in blender. But one last step is left and that is converting it back to igb. Searched everywhere but wasn't able to find anything

is it possible you can help me with this? Thank you so much <D

6. Wyrdgirn

Home Page:
    #6 Wyrdgirn, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Don't use Blender, its FBX importer doesn't import bones correctly, it always crashes when you try to transfer data from one editor to the other...

If you use 3DS Max 2010 use the FBX Converter to convert the FBX of the 3DS Max (FBX 2010 ASCII) into FBX 2013 binary, and use it to pass the binary FBX of the Blender into FBX 2010 ASCII of the 3DS Max...

You can use the Blender to create the meshes (without bones), export them to FBX, convert them to FBX 2010 ASCII and import them to the 3DS, then you assign the bones with the 3DS itself using the bones of the original model and finally export them to igb, optimize it with the Alchemy and voila!

Remember that when you export an igb from the game with Noesis, choose FBX as the output format and in the Advanced Options field write -fbxascii, that way you can import the models directly from 3DS Max, otherwise the 3DS will crash...

To convert the model to igb you must use the Alchemy Exporter for 3DS Max or Maya that includes the Alchemy Finalizer, I leave you some images so you can see how to convert it to igb, then below I leave you the optimization file that you must use to make it compatible with the game (2nd image), after applying those optimizations rename the sections of image 3 the same as they are in image 4 and save, with that you can test the igb in the game...

Just keep in mind that scaling and rigging can only be done from 3DS Max, the only thing you can do from Blender is create or edit the meshes, I recommend in that case use the obj format when exporting it, it is easier to import those meshes to the 3DS to be converting them with the fbx converter...

Oh, and that the models must be configured to use a scale in centimeters during import, not inches, otherwise the exporter will fail and your model will deform...

Optimization file (Updated, now, this rename the AnimDB, the Unnamed bone and the skeleton automatically):
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/nrwz62a1348865s/PDOptimSet.ini/file

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hehe, I'm sorry if I haven't been able to explain myself well, that's why I prefer to use images sometimes, I'm not good at explaining things ('^.^)

Cheers! =D​

Hatsune Miku likes this.
  7. Hatsune Miku

Hatsune Miku LuminousBiz

#7 Hatsune Miku, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Thanks for this! U really tried ur best to explain this to me that i think u can actually make a whole new thread just for this!

Tho in the end i wasnt able to fix it. I was able to get 2010 3ds max and able to install the alchemy exporter but i had lots of trouble with moving the head.

I did get somewhere, the only problems present are the fact that there are no textures applied (i assume they should have been applied automatically when importing the fbx so i may have done something wrong or we just have to add them manually, quite a pain lol), the face, eyebrows, teeth and one more shape appears to be missing, the hair rigs acts very weird, specifically the last but second bones of both of the tails and finally the hair accessories (specifically on orbit miku) are messed up in pvs while in homescreen its perfectly fine.

I am a TOTALLY new user when it comes to the 3ds project diva modding but i will get the hang of it, i will keep trying getting comfortable with the programs.

Again thanks for taking ur time! I will keep trying XD any further help would be appreciated.

Wyrdgirn likes this.
  8. Wyrdgirn

Home Page:
    The Noesis does not correctly configure the name of the textures if you only export the model and now, try to change the format of the textures in the export menu options of the noesis, otherwise you will have to look for the missing textures from the materials panel of the 3DS Max (no need to assign materials, just select the texture corresponding to the material...)

Remember in the Advanced Options panel of the Noesis export menu to write the parameter -fbxascii, it is the only thing you have to write there...

After importing the model in the 3DS try to rotate the bones (do not move them, just rotate them or the model will deform), this is to verify that the model is well skined, otherwise close and open the 3DS and try to import the fbx again and try again...

It has happened to me many times, it may be a 3DS bug...

If it is a head assign the face, the eyebrows and the teeth to the bone head_o or if you are a handyman with the Alchemy use the igModelViewMatrixBoneSelect, then configure it to use the BoneID 1 (head_o) and then group the shapes (igGeometry) of the face, eyebrows and teeth inside it, put it inside an igAttrSet along with an igTextureBindAttr and an igMaterialAttr corresponding to one of those shapes (they can be those of any of those shapes, they are all the same except for the shape of the headphones and hair...)

Oh, and if you accidentally right click on the scene and a fragment of the screen is frozen, just try to change the screen resolution in the Driver settings of your graphics card, then restore the resolution and voila, this will force the 3DS to restart the instance of its graphic subsystem forcing to redraw the window, it is also useful to open an app or game that changes the resolution for a lower one, you open and close it (I do it with Counter Strike Carbon 1.1 or Plants vs Zombies for what faster, they take less time than the configuration panel of the graphics driver :P)

Hehe, I hope I have helped a little, I think I have tangled more than a fly in a spider web XD XD

Greetings! and sorry for the late reply >¦:-P

9. Hatsune Miku

Hatsune Miku LuminousBiz

#9 Hatsune Miku, Sep 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    I think this will fix most of the issues I have! I will try this in a bit!

Thx for the fix for the frozen windows too! They have been a headache. It starts to happen when I open a save file.

Thank you

Wyrdgirn likes this.