1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Thinking of buying a Project Diva arcade cabinet

Discussion in 'Project DIVA Arcade & Arcade Future Tone' started by Matti98, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Matti98

Matti98 Welcome to DIVA!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I would like to ask a question to those who knows more than me about arcade cabinets. So, I state that I am a fan of the Project Diva series but I have never had anything to do with a cabinet. So I was wondering if it was possible to buy a Project Diva Arcade Future Tone cabinet and play it without making any hardware changes, perhaps having a key chip. I hope I was clear and I apologize for my bad English!

N10248 likes this.
  2. Doctopus

Doctopus Project Alpaca "BDFL"

It's a SEGA system there's gotta be a way (lenny face)

(From a guy that knows too much)

Seriously though no modification at all is pretty hard to achieve. The standard way is to either hack into the system (there are plenty of exploits to choose, it's old Windows and SEGA) and use segatools for close to stock arcade experience and networking or simply rip out the AMEx board, plug it into a normal PC motherboard and use either PD-Loader or segatools depending on your preference.

Also feel free to ask @N10248 about some details on the setup too.

Matti98 likes this.
  3. Matti98

Matti98 Welcome to DIVA!

Oh, i see, thanks for the infos!

4. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

When I started planning to get mine I was expecting to have to use my own pc in it no matter what, and was happy knowing I might not be able to use all the unique features like the touch screen and lighting.

But I got it all working due the people on here.

I did make a few hardware changes however.

When I started my search for one I was even looking for other cabs that used the same chassis like Border Break and Shining Force Cross as I already had the panel, but I managed to get a real one eventually.

As you are in europe, It might be an idea to contact the same guy I used: Ronnie at rklok.nl. He might be able to find one.
    Glad I got mine when I did though, the costs and hastle of importing to UK from europe would make me think twice now.

Matti98 likes this.
  5. Matti98

Matti98 Welcome to DIVA!

Thank you very much for your reply, what hardware changes have you made?

6. N10248

N10248 Advanced Player

I swaped the ATX motherboard in the Nu casing for a regular PC one and am using the arcade rip of the game.
    It stil has the AMEX PCI-E card installed so the JVS I/O works which means the controls, lighing, card reader, coin mech and slider all work exactly like the orginal...

steelpuxnastik and Matti98 like this.
  7. Matti98

Matti98 Welcome to DIVA!

I see, thanks for the advice, I have to see if I will invest my money in this cabinet, I will think about it

8. nofutur

nofutur IYA IYA!!

Home Page:
    https://nofutnoheya.wordpress.com/one-day-one-pic/
    I bought several Taito, Sega and Jaleco cabs few years ago, you can use internet shop that are used to buy stuff in Japan and resell it in Europe or buy the cab yourself in Japan with Yahoo auction and find someone to ship it for you. Last time i use buyee to buy and send the cab to Riverservice and they prepare the cab and send it in France.

As N10248 said, think about it because you will spend a lot in shipment and taxe ... but is you are ready, it's not that difficult. It requires just a lot of patience ^^;

Matti98 likes this.