1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Diva 2nd/Extend Hacks - Separating IGB's/ Removing Parts of an IGB Stage

Discussion in 'Custom DLC' started by Eigenlicht Gray, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Eigenlicht Gray

Eigenlicht Gray I'm Gray

Umm... hey, I'm Gray, and this is my first time making a thread.

Last time, Kasumi taught us on how to merge IGB's:
    https://projectdiva.net/community/threads/beta-using-multiple-stages-by-merging-them.1872/

Now it's time for me to teach you on how to separate IGB's! I'll try my best to explain this with my twelve brain cells and sleep deprivation.

WARNING: Instructions Unclear

First, you need the following tools:
    - Alchemy (REQUIRED)
    - Any Hex Editor (as long as you can change file sizes with it)
    - AFS2EXT (for 2nd and Extend) or AFSExplorer (for 1st)
    - A copy of any Project Diva PSP ISO, contents extracted (CPK extracted too, tutorial on extracting them here: https://projectdiva.wiki/wiki/Custom_DLC_(Tutorials) <---- only for 2nd and Extend)

Steps:
    1. Open AFS2EXT and open Project Diva Extend/2nd

Capture.PNG

2. Once opened, pick a stage igb (field_pv_XX where XX corresponds to the song number). For this tutorial, I'll pick field_pv_69 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Extract that file.

CapturPNG.PNG

3. Open Alchemy and open the igb the you picked. WARNING: If you're using an igb from 2nd or Extend, make sure that click view and click Hide Viewer or else it'll crash.

Captu.PNG

4. The parts that we will modify are the one that is underlined in red. This is the part where everything goes a bit complicated. Since there's no viewer because it'll crash, you have no idea on what part are you removing. So externalize the images first (you can find it in the optimizer palette in the lower left corner) , and reopen the file. The extracted images will serve as a guide to what textures you're removing.I'll explain the one underlined in blue later.

part2.PNG

5. Open the sceneGraph: igGroup ("Scene Root"). Choose childlist: igNodeList This is where most of the parts are found.

aaaaaaaaaaa.PNG
    6. This part takes some trial-and-error. The only things that you removing are the 4 objects on childlist: igNodeList and the 2 objects in childlist: igNodeList on igAttrSet("PromotedAttr"). Try deleting some of them. Make you don't delete the parts that you wanted.
    asadsafa.PNG
    7. Once you deleted some of the parts, click file, then click SAVE AS so you don't overwrite the igb file in case you screwed up.
    asadsafa.PNG
    8A.This is the part where you check if you got it right the hard way. Reopen the file you saved as, and check textures: igTextureList. open some of the igTextureAttr. Remember the extracted images? click image: igDx9Image, and find pClut: igClut and find pNameString. You'll find the texture file name there. If the file name was the same as the texture you just extracted, you got a part right!
    idontevenknow.PNG
    (No Images at this point, Too Lazy)
    8B. If that's hard, then try this easy, but time-consuming step, find a stage dlc EDAT or song dlc EDAT that has a field.igb that is larger than the stage you're gonna replace. use any hex editor to matched the file size of the igb that you modified with the field.igb that you're gonna replace, and open the EDAT in AFS2EXT, and rewrite 04_field.igb (for stage dlc) or 102_field.igb (for music dlc) with the igb that you hex edited. Put the modified EDAT in \memstick\PSP\GAME\ULJM05681\K (if the EDAT was for stages) or memstick\PSP\GAME\ULJM05681\B (if it's a custom dlc song) if you're using PPSSPP. If there's still unwanted parts or you deleted the part you wanted, try again.

9. Now if you got it right, it should look like this:

If there's something that confuses you, please ask below. I tried my best to make it understandable.

2. Kasumi

Kasumi SAFE here, SAFE there, SAFE everywhere, AAAAAAAA

DIUFMVDUHMGDRUHGLKHBMD8OFG IM GONNA DO SOMETHING RIGHT AWAY-

Eigenlicht Gray likes this.
  3. 'spring onion' Hachune

'spring onion' Hachune My weakness are the songs over 8☆

Home Page:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSPDEmMokrof5CK8EIglIxA
    Thanks for the tutorial. I'll try it (◕ヮ◕)/

Eigenlicht Gray likes this.
  4. NSMHD

NSMHD Welcome to DIVA!

One question: where i can get that alchemy ?