1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Question issue with volume of slider sound effects.

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone' started by futuretype, May 5, 2018.

1. futuretype

hello! apologies in advance if i'm posting this in the wrong place or something, i've never really used forums before!

i am having a strange issue with this game, and i am assuming it is a bit obscure or specific as i can not seem to find anyone else talking about it. (for this reason i decided to come to the community of diva players!)

first question, the slider notes (arrows) seem to have a different volume setting for when you only hit it, and when you hold it. when i am using the volume from my TV, i can't seem to change the volume for when you only hit it, as lowering the button effect volume simply makes the buttons and hold slider too quiet to hear, but just hitting the slider still too loud.

second question, i seem to ONLY have this problem when i use my TV. when i have my headphones plugged into the controller, the audio appears to be fine. this had lead me to believe its simply an issue with my TV audio, but it didn't quite make sense to me that the note would be too loud on my TV but not my controller.

anyway, if anyone else has this problem or knows/has a solution, i would really super appreciate it. it's super ear grating and honestly physically hurts my ears, and as someone who streams and also records this game, i don't have an option to simply just not use my TV, because my capture device won't be able to record the proper audio.

thanks in advance!

-HERO

2. Doctopus

Doctopus Project Alpaca "BDFL"

They share the same volume settings with other buttons. (i.e. Button FX volume)

It might be a TV issue. Some TVs have wacky DSPs that try to make "surronding" sound or other boosts to the audio, but only ended up destroying it or behave badly on some rare cases. So my advice would be try to change your TV's audio settings to disable any surrond sound and any other options that affects audio. (Although this may not work. I once saw a TV that plays anything "from your back" really loudly, and try to disable all audio enhancements does not work at all, and I still don't know where the fault was. In that case you could invest for an HDMI audio decoder or use the S/PDIF output on the PS4 with external audio equipment (if applicable))

3. futuretype

thank you for the response! (also, my comment about the sliders being different sounds was badly worded, haha. my bad!)

yes, i realize now that may be the problem. however, turning off the surround sound option simply makes the audio mono, and it greatly drops the quality. i hope this isn't a sacrifice i have to make. the only other options i have is to change the bass or treble, but i'm not sure how this affects audio. do you have any suggestion of what i should change that might help?

if not, this information is still very helpful and i'll def look into the latter as a fix when i can. thank you again!

4. PinkoStickLuv

PinkoStickLuv Advanced Player

Playing Project Diva
    I believe the slider sound comes from the controller so try turning down the controller volume that’s what I had to do.

5. Doctopus

Doctopus Project Alpaca "BDFL"

Or just disable controller output in game (that's what I did after I played the game for the first time)

6. futuretype

I appreciate the response, but I have no volume issues with the controller at all. I specifically mentioned the problem was with my TV. And the slider issue is only when hitting one slide, not holding for a long slide. This issue is specifically with the audio coming out of my TV. (I already disabled the sound of the slider coming from the controller, but that was never an issue for me in the first place.)