1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you find out about the Project Diva series?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheDoctor-Kun, Nov 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TheDoctor-Kun

TheDoctor-Kun Big Debut

I was wondering how other people found out about the PJD series... So how did you?

As for me I found out about it from a friend back in highschool. We would mostly play the psp version on a PSP emulator on a desktop. Although I was aware of the long blue haired twin pony-tailed hair of miku back in middleschool. I wasn't properly made aware of who she was back in middleschool. Now I flipping love her like my wife <3 kek. If I have one that is T^T #foreveralone

2. Mullet345

Mullet345 Advanced Player

My first time finding out about Project Diva was when I saw a demo for Project Mirai DX on the 3DS. That eventually led to me getting the full version and got me curious as to what other games fell in the same category. F was my first main Diva game I played and since then I've played all of the games in the series (asides from Diva X since I have yet to get it).

3. TheDoctor-Kun

TheDoctor-Kun Big Debut

A lot of people say that Diva X is one of the worst Diva games due to the lack of songs as well as bad plot. But personally Diva X is not as bad as they say. Yes the story is somewhat odd but I find it pretty unique. Diva X also has a plat trophy if you're interested in getting more plat trophies on your account. But trying to plat the game is a true grind for sure. On with the songs, they're catchy and I believe they have melodies that combine previous songs into one big concert, despite that there's just a hand full of them. I reccomend Diva X if you're in for a Miku story with the og squad and some trophies :3

4. Kari

Kari Intermediate Player

In my case it was because of Persona 4: Dancing all night. There was a DLC Song with Miku and well...I got curious about her and looked her up on the internet and found out about the games and vocaloids in general. So I bought F and F2nd on Vita, then on Ps3 and since then I played every part of the series. Simple as that :D

TheDoctor-Kun likes this.
  5. nofutur

nofutur IYA IYA!!

Home Page:
    https://nofutnoheya.wordpress.com/one-day-one-pic/
    I left my 360 for a PS3 in 2012, to meet again a friend who did the same during the 2011 PSN outage. I discovered God of war, uncharted and mid 2013 I decided to give a chance to this game that reminded me Dance dance revolution >.<
    They I bought the psp version, Dreamy theater ...

6. TheDoctor-Kun

TheDoctor-Kun Big Debut

7. TheDoctor-Kun

TheDoctor-Kun Big Debut

"I left my 360 for a PS3 in 2012, to meet again a friend who did the same during the 2011 PSN outage. I discovered God of war, uncharted and mid 2013 I decided to give a chance to this game that reminded me Dance dance revolution >.<
    They I bought the psp version, Dreamy theater ..."

Huh... really? I wouldn't thought of getting a console just because of a friend getting it. Especially when I have strict parents and had no job at the time. But now that I have a good paying job I got FT with the season pass and a ps4 white controller :3. Kinda reminds me of hisokeee

Oh and I kinda don't know how to properly reply/quote someone so sorry for a messed up replies T^T

8. AppleArcade120

AppleArcade120 Haven't perfected anything :(

This is gonna be super weird, but Just Dance 2016 got me into Project DIVA

9. TheDoctor-Kun

TheDoctor-Kun Big Debut

Isn't DDR another rhythm game? I haven't played it before and I heard so much amazing things about it. But since it involves playing with someone else. I'm too shy to play it >.<

10. Electrofluff

Electrofluff Welcome to DIVA!

#10 Electrofluff, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    I actually heard Hatsune Miku from smosh games honest trailer: DANGANRONPA. I confused her for Yu Asaki in super Mario maker from Nintendo, who apparently is another music game character.

Needless to say, I looked into it. :-)

This happened about a week ago.​

11. AppleArcade120

Yea DDR is another rhythm game

12. Zacattack99

Zacattack99 Welcome to DIVA!

13. Tomyi

Tomyi Newbie Player

The first time I've heard about Hatsune Miku and her beautiful music was on april 25th 2010 in a PlayStation-Forum...

And the first song i REALLY liked ('til now) was this one: (Far Away - PSP Version from 2009)...my all-time-favorite track...after that I've bought all original PSP-games on UMD (Japan-Import) and all other of her games on PS3 (digital: Dreamy Theater1+2 and the following game-CD's), Merchandise stuff, Concert-Blu-ray's and all games for the PS Vita (as chip) and PS4 and PSVR...

I'm a big fan of Yamaha music intruments (especially the DX7) and bought a few (also other tone-modules from Yamaha) for my little music room...

Yamaha.jpg

...and Hatsune Miku "plays" this synthesizer too... :)

I just like Vocaloid music...

AppleArcade120 likes this.
  14. MikuHatsune

MikuHatsune ProjectDIVA.Wiki Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Home Page:
    https://www.projectdiva.wiki
    i read about it online on sankakucomplex and mikufan back then when the first psp game got announced and brought a PSP just for that one game. later i found out about the miku PSP and got mad i didn't wait for that one....

AppleArcade120 likes this.
  15. AppleArcade120

That's cool :D

16. Zac Wood

Zac Wood Staff/Fortune Teller/Lucky Guesser/Spam Buster
    Staff Member Moderator

Family buisness, a Family matter.
    The question begs, how will people in the future be introduced to Hatsune Miku? This, and I am amazed why that Swich post of mine is as dead as a doornail, I thought that got a lot of buzz...

17. RayGirl

RayGirl Intermediate Player

I have known about this series since 2014. That time, I wanted to try playing a rhythm game on PlayStation Vita. I wasn’t sure what kind of game was until I saw the art which can be drawn by a Japanese person which is Project Diva F and F 2nd. After trying out the demo, it was really good. As time passes, I should try searching it if there’s any related to it. That’s when I found out both Vocaloid and Project Diva on PSP (I was 10 but I didn’t know at all)

18. Doctopus

Doctopus Project Alpaca "BDFL"

You probably want to ask SEGA tbh. I thought I could s**t on MEGA69 forever until they released the whole 40GB future tone data bit by bit (pun intended) as dlc, but I was wrong.

Also sekai might be the answer if SEGA actually work hard running it.

19. Zac Wood

Zac Wood Staff/Fortune Teller/Lucky Guesser/Spam Buster
    Staff Member Moderator

Family buisness, a Family matter.
    Granted, that was in 2018; back when no one was taking that discussion seriously, until Project DIVA Mega Mix was announced. Clearly both projects’ arrival amongst other things has made sure the brand is healthier than ever in this dark era known as the 2020’s.

20. steelpuxnastik

steelpuxnastik SHINSANWASWITCH is ready and working!

useless piece of shit
    Home Page:
    https://www.instagram.com/jandevalua/
    Daaamn, I feel myself really old when I try to remember it, because as I remember, I found first Project DIVA on PSP may be in october or november 2009, I found that game has pretty cover and I took a chance to try it. There was first song "The world is mine" and I remember that I didn't succeed at some first tries, but I liked it soooo much, that game took me veeery deeply. And for a long time I didn't understand who is Hatsune Miku at all, does she real or she is something else and only may be some months later I read that it's the robot, vocal synthesizer and it was naturally a dump of the head :D
    After year I found that SEGA released Project DIVA Arcade and at that time I remember that sometime ago some pirates dumped BlazBlue Calamity trigger from arcade machine and then I understand that arcade machines it's in most cases - simply PC, so after that time may be once a year began to google an arcade dump of Project DIVA arcade and finally in 2019 I found it and it was really big peace of happiness for me :)