1. Hello Guest! Looking for Mods or help with Modding Mega Mix+ or Arcade Future Tone? There's a Discord for that: https://discord.gg/cvBVGDZ.
    Dismiss Notice

Is future tone worth it if I have (vita) diva x?

Discussion in 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone' started by corrado33, Mar 3, 2017.

1. corrado33

corrado33 Big Debut

#1 corrado33, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    I own all of the Miku games on the vita, diva f, diva f 2nd, and diva x. They're all good (although having to use the touch controls on diva f is slightly annoying.)

I really enjoy these games, they've brought me into a whole new world of gaming. So much so that I've been considering buying a PS4 just to buy Future Tone. I'm not a console gamer usually (PC master race, although I own old consoles (NES)) so I probably wouldn't use the PS4 for much else. But you can find them pretty cheap now-a-day. (I can find them for less than $200 locally on craigslist.)

So my question is this. Is it worth buying a PS4 just to buy future tone if I already own all of the games on the vita? Does future tone have enough extra songs to make it worth it? I haven't looked extensively at the song list, but IIRC there are a lot of songs from the vita games in future tone, as well as some arcade "exclusive" songs... right? Also future tone has some slightly different controls (L1, R1, hitting differnt buttons at the same time, like the 3ds miku games?) Can you play future tone lag free over the vita share thing? (I don't have an HD tv so it'd probably look better on the vita screen.)

I don't know. What do all of you think? Any of you own both the PS4 game and the vita games?

2. Magical39

Magical39 Pro Player

100% yes.

220 playable Songs (without DLC), each of them have at least 3 out of 4 difficulty each (since some Easy or Normal difficult doesn't exist), the difficulty of the PS4 can't be compared with the console game version.

The best part in this game imo is the additionally Module customization that exist in Project Mirai games.

The only thing you should not do at all is using PS Vita remote play to enjoy playing PS4. However you can use the PV Mode for it instead. Even this has about 3min x 220 songs. I can't think of getting bored of the game if you can't get everything perfect yet.

I would only not recommend the game if you actually are frustating when it comes to improving very fast. Because the game specifically was made for an arcade machine, playing on a DS4 can be totally annoying if you don't have the patience for it.
    Or you hate to pay DLC for more Songs.

corrado33 likes this.
  3. corrado33

corrado33 Big Debut

Thanks for the reply, I'm leaning more toward buying the PS4 and future tone (even though I don't own a HDTV, I suppose I could use my 1080p computer monitor.) I'd actually be excited for the extra difficulty in future tone. I'm not a pro by any means, but I'm at the point where the hard difficulty level is too easy and the extreme for a lot of songs is too hard. I can probably clear half of the songs on extreme in diva x and f 2nd. (Mostly the easier ones!) (Some of them on the very last note...) I'm getting a lot better though, even song I clear I get a new record, so that's good! I did perfect my first extreme the other day though!!! I've even started to get the super fast stuff that just looks like a mass of notes. It's all about the rhythm!

Although I have played a bit of the project mirai (specifically with the double notes (different buttons at the same time) and I was super lost, but mainly because I haven't memorized the buttons on the 3ds.

4. ajs2677

ajs2677 Newbie Player

I find with the huge song library this one stays fresh so I play it a lot more, which means it helps me get better at it faster because I'm playing ALL the time. I would recommend it, even though that's a steep price to have to buy a PS4 as well. Personally I would say go for it. You'll impress yourself with how good you get!

5. stratoside

stratoside Advanced Player

future tone is worth it even if you have all other miku games combined